Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fix Your Server

Boxsnake

we got the most op supply in mlt home and we were at wave 5 with guarantee win at the op hallway.

what happends, server get team force class with 50 zombies, every bodies client crashes.

guess what i lost 1,3k

i wouldnt care if we died or won and i lost points but it tilts me alot how the server is so bad, it cant handle an in game mechanic

pls fix

Edited by Boxsnake

it really do be that way sometimes, gmod engine cant handle the power of a full server sometimes

It's not only that, Fume. The problem is that the server itself is not being upgraded to fit today's demand burdened on the server by the amount of activity committed by the players.

If we actually did something to prevent these crashes altogether, maybe players wouldn't permanently leave our server from time to time.

Unfortunately, when the server crashes, it doesnt leave any useful debug information as to what caused the crash, All I get is a minidump file that shows me the the data stored in various processor registers, and the various threads involved in the program. It can give me a start by giving me a very rough idea of what the program was doing before the crash, but it still takes a ton of time, and unless we have a binary debugger running on the server 24/7 which would make it agonizingly slow, we cant really get an exact breakdown of the crash.