Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Buff Zombines

EngineTrap

Lately i've felt the zombines are incredibly weak for being a wave 6 zombie. Specially if contrasted to immolator or wild poison zombie.

They have extremely short range and can be slowed down to snail speed if damaged even by the slightest thing. They are also incredibly prone to knockback. More so than other classes.

My suggestion is to remove this "If damaged then you stop charging" Feature Because right now its taking away the only appeal it has making literally any class more useful.

stop using grenade then

Yeah just leave it broken and useless. My bad for trying to give a suggestion to improve a feature. big emphasis on suggestion by the way.

Also i dont recall ever mentioning anything about the zombine's grenade? I was talking about changing the mechanic it has where if you get damaged even slightly you stop running, regardless of if you're using the suicide attack or not.

I suggest you read the post you're commenting on before you go and try to make a smarty pants reply the next time.

• Like 1

Yeah just leave it broken and useless. My bad for trying to give a suggestion to improve a feature. big emphasis on suggestion by the way. Also i dont recall ever mentioning anything about the zombine's grenade? I was talking about changing the mechanic it has where if you get damaged even slightly you stop running, regardless of if you're using the suicide attack or not. I suggest you read the post you're commenting on before you go and try to make a smarty pants reply the next time.

Not even going to bother to make a big deal out of it - if i said stop using grenade it's because i have seen you tell players to use grenade when the cade is made out of many props/doorcades which turns out to be useless since grenade doesn't do anything most of the times. Other than that if you really want the zombine to be unstoppable then be my guest, just remember it is unlocked on wave 6 when there's usually a bunch of fire headcrabs and tickle monsters with ruin (which btw no one likes to shoot the later ones due to being instant killed by them).

Also, the fact you can't find a good strategy with them doesn't mean they are useless and broken.

Edited by Talbot

Also, the fact you can't find a good strategy with them doesn't mean they are useless and broken.

Like i said i wasnt even talking about the grenade attack. I said zombine as a whole was useless not because its not usable in some scenarios, but because 19/20 times you're gonna get a whole lot more damage in by using literally anything else since zombine stops every 2 seconds if you get shot.

Other than that if you really want the zombine to be unstoppable then be my guest

I dont want zombines to be "unstoppable" And if you had read my post you would realize all im asking is for zombines to be able to have the speed they are supposed to have instead of being the slowest non boss zombie in game when not running (which like i mentioned is 99% of the time since if you get shot once, even if it does 1 dmg or less you stop running)

• Like 1

I gotta agree with NightShade; Zombine gets shredded at wave 6, it's only mobility gets restricted by bullet spray, and it's hp just means it becomes a bag of points ready for taking. More often than not, wave 6 becomes a wave to just grab points left and right. Also, the grenade is useless and even makes the zombie weapon from bonus crate stupid and brainless

• Like 2

I gotta agree with NightShade; Zombine gets shredded at wave 6, it's only mobility gets restricted by bullet spray, and it's hp just means it becomes a bag of points ready for taking. More often than not, wave 6 becomes a wave to just grab points left and right. Also, the grenade is useless and even makes the zombie weapon from bonus crate stupid and brainless

To be honest, humans will make points off Zombines no matter what because of the T5, and probably T6, weapons they have by the time it hits Wave 6. If we are asking for a change in Zombines to reduce profit made by human players, then I'm out of this conversation because that isn't a viable reason to make proper changes to them.

Give them more health? Sure, makes them tankier. Allows humans to earn more points? Yes, but why does it matter in this case? At the end of the day, what matters is that through buffing the Zombine in some way, some how, it serves as a potential asset to the team.

What Nightshade is saying is that the Zombine is no different from other zombies with its running ability if it's slowed down immediately by taking at least 1 point of damage from anything. That's basically turning it into a tankier version of the normal zombie type, and even that serves little purpose when humans have insta-kill weapons.

I will agree with Nightshade about removing the immediate halt of Zombine charging upon taking damage because I feel that what makes the Zombine unique is its charging ability. The ability to suicide differentiates it from other zombies, but as Talbot says:

use grenade when the cade is made out of many props/doorcades which turns out to be useless since grenade doesn't do anything most of the times

and that's true; self-detonation by grenade is pretty useless because barricades on Wave 6 are usually too thick, and the damage is dispersed across all props, within a certain range. An ability like this isn't enough to make Zombines any different from normal ones in terms of damage; what makes them scary and unique, though, is that they can charge at you, and that's the ability that needs to be honed.

We can buff Zombines by following Nightshade's suggestion, and that ultimately improves the Zombine's usefulness because it can return to the fray faster than all the other zombies. What could make it even more powerful and frightening for the last-stand Wave 6 is to add more health and make it immune to all forms of knockback, that way it really feels like a "final push" for the zombie team to breach and kill.

But this is just what I think. Like I said, if profit is a concern here, then I'm out.

Edited by Snowyamur

What I feel is that the damage is good on zombine, but I think the health could be buffed a little or a damage reduction. I’m strongly in favor of removing the grenade because is does very little and helps the humans win unfairly.

To add on to removal of the suicide button, I propose making it where the Zombine has the ability to ram into barricades. Make it an ability where the Zombine prepares to charge in a straight-line, for about three seconds, then it charges headlong in the direction it's facing. If it makes contact with props, it breaks them instantly, or at least severely damages them. If it makes contact with a wall or unbreakable surface, it takes damage. If it makes contact with a barricade, it inflicts about 3x the damage of its claws to the cade, but still takes damage. If it makes contact with a human player, it ragdolls them and inflicts a set amount of damage.

Doing this would essentially turn it into the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2, the only difference being that it can't stunlock human players. I think this is something to definitely to consider when changing the Zombine from a useless suicider to a powerful and frightening tank.

i hate zombine hitreg its so annoying i keep trying to kill someone and im face to face sticked with them but the damn hits dont register it also could've happened to everyone and the slow thing is the reason why it zombine sucks maybe add a new varient of zombine unlocked at like 2:30 or something like that and its also impossible to hit a survivour that is outside with 10 hp cause if you attack you are 2 times slower than him

Edited by TheDarkDevilRo3

I dont disbelieve you when you say that Zombine feels underpowered in its current state, but i think the most important question to answer is why it feels like that and how to fix it in the long term. Zombine has been balanced before and the problem of it being too underpowered has only been an issue as of recently. We could buff it but i fear that will only fix the problem in the short term. Since it hasnt been nerfed recently we have to conclude that is must be some other change of the game that makes it feel less viable then it was before, and it could be anything from a combination of adding new content that is too human sided and a double points event that makes people buy more guns. It could even be that the Zombine cards are too weak in comparison to the other cards even though its unlikely. My point is that we dont know what caused them to feel underpowered and just buffing without finding out the cause and rebalancing that instead will create a power creep effect where old weapons/zombies will be rendered useless eventually. I am not against it getting a buff for now if its needed but i urge people to look at it in this perspective and what consequences it might have.