Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Looking For New Garry's Mod Servers

Gmod leadership is looking at expanding our division by starting at new server and not only focusing on zs, and we want you guys to give us some ideas on what gamemodes we should set up a server for. This can be servers we've already done or haven't yet done. The floor is basically open to all gamemodes, what we're trying to get is a sense of idea in which direction to look towards next.

• Like 6

i have nothing against this, but is it worth it to make another gmod server. TTT, cinema, zombie master, perp and oldschool has been rather empty and seeing that way its just gonna be a waste of time.
Yes, we have dead servers that we havent been able to sucessfully populate. We will however look over these servers and decide which of them to shut down. There are a lot of various reasons these servers have failed but i believe that we have the capacity to create a popular server if we decide to focus on it and if it is a good gamemode.
  • Like 5

Flood, Stronghold, DarkRP..

I think it depends on if we all want something more PVP, or something more casual. I personally always loved Stronghold but it seems like not many servers for it exist anymore.

I liked the version where you'd buy props / weapons with points you earned from kills and such. I believe that server actually had pointsave but I think the few remaining do not

• Like 1

What I liked a lot back in 2010's was Joker Ice minigames server where you could vote between a lot of different minigames to play. Sadly after the gmod update that introduced the new serverbrowser UI, it totally hid that server and killed it off.

So maybe a server with several different quality minigames to play?

Edited by Marco
  • Like 4

Lets do DayZMod.

JK, for real though, I dont know. for servers like prophunt, it would be hard to come up when there are already lots of people. We need a gamemode that isnt popular yet, but is on the rise. Dark RP might work, but with the GMOD default rules, it would be hard for moderators to have fun, as they would need to have spymode on and hear everything. Not fun. I think a server like Floodmod would be best.

I think the gamemode "Darkest days" would be a pretty good and fun mode cause its a really good gamemode but theres sadly not really a server of it anymore :c

(here the official trailer for the gamemode

) Edited by Keanu
  • Like 1