Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Looking For New Garry's Mod Servers

What I liked a lot back in 2010's was Joker Ice minigames server where you could vote between a lot of different minigames to play. Sadly after the gmod update that introduced the new serverbrowser UI, it totally hid that server and killed it off.

So maybe a server with several different quality minigames to play?

yes yes yes and yes,minigames to relax and have fun

yes

Edited by a white kleiner
  • Like 1

DarkRP is the most famous right now i'd say let's go ahead make a DarkRP server, i can create the map for us and i can help with the code since i have experience coding DarkRP LUA.

It's always worth an effort. Why settle on one server and not at least try to expand? It's staff's responsiblity to dedicate time and effort to push people to populate it and if they don't, the burden falls to them. Looking back, I can see gmod has had failed servers, but that's no reason to get complacent. One of the biggest challenges in hg across the board is complacency, so to see leadership pushing the boundaries is a welcome move.

I say some kind of fun RP server :)

It's your funeral, even if the server gets popular if it's a RP server like DarkRP it'll bring in drama that would dwarf the type of shit that spews out of ZS every so often

It's your funeral, even if the server gets popular if it's a RP server like DarkRP it'll bring in drama that would dwarf the type of shit that spews out of ZS every so often

You mean like the massive wars of old that came from TnB and other RP communities fighting? LOL

I personally would really like a Stronghold or Flood but North has presented me with issues for both, so I am not sure.

Drama comes with starting any large server. We handled perp, we can handle this. Gmod leadership is competent. Let's look at the pros a new server would bring as well. More activity, more new members, a larger hg user base, more money for the community to use, a better position to continue to expand. Seems like a good tradeoff to me

Alright then, but I will remain skeptical since this has happened more than 1 once

• Like 1

Prior to opening any new server, you guys should look over all the dead ones and shut down all that are dead, INCLUDING PERP, I'm sorry to say this but it's past it's prime. TTT failed (again), Cinema has no chance, and Zombie Master and Old-school ZS is fun to keep for events but that's it.

Keep ZS, free up resources, and start fresh from there. I would suggest sandbox. I had a server up while DL or Director and it was getting ~10 players daily for a month until I shut it down. It was a fun server to go on and fuck around on.

Edit: there's like 3 perp servers we have taking up a lot of space last I remeber

• Like 3

Prior to opening any new server, you guys should look over all the dead ones and shut down all that are dead, INCLUDING PERP, I'm sorry to say this but it's past it's prime. TTT failed (again), Cinema has no chance, and Zombie Master and Old-school ZS is fun to keep for events but that's i

I agree with Ryze. Perp has only been up because it is "HG HIstory" but at what point is it just dead weight. It was fun, but absolutely NOTHING we have done has brought it back. As much as I hate to say, another perp population event won't work. CE can try again and again, but nothing will work. Im all for starting anew and only having the ZS server up, until we get more stable GMOD servers.

• Like 1

Hello Guys.

My Name is Aeux Deus.

And I decided to recommend DarkRP, and I will tell you why in just a little bit, since it all started 5 years ago when I was in my prime ( 18 Years of Age ) I had my own DarkRP server, and I will say, I did earn quite the fortune on it, in regards to donations and V.I.P’s and Custom jobs. Along with that I do have some suggestions to set us apart from the Normies *AHEM SUPERIOR SERVERS*

Instead of money then we have Points or Credit, this also gives use some sort of change, not big changes but they are kind of subtle, which helps a lot, and I guess in total I earned 500$ in 4 Months, and that was a good month.

So let me make a little list of changes you could do

Overall Suggestion: Garry’s Mod DarkRP

• Money Changed to Points / Credits
  • Having different Jobs that set’s us apart from the other servers without having to go on a full blown development scale. Like “Celing Fan†job “or maybe it’s MedieVal, or Maybe its Futureistic.
  • Having the staff be 17+ to keep it somewhat mature, but in the end it is up to you.
  • Having ColorCorrection done when people join, so it looks a little bit more appealing.
  • You could also Mix ZS with DarkRP such as , DarkRP Zombie Survival. Where zombies can be a job, and they also give profit and they are also NPC’s that spawns.
  • Small things such as, changes that does not impact Join time too much.

I don’t really know if my ideas are too Broad but..

The General idea is DarkRP, and I am a former server owner myself as I mentioned earlier, and if it’s done right, you can earn a profit, and I believe this is the best choice Logically , Factually, And Economically, without taking feelings into the consideration.

Yours Trule

Aeux Deus | God |