Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Where we went wrong with JB

SupaNipplez

Ok to piggyback off of what kronik said about what I said. We need developers and we need coders. Both things are not all too difficult to learn. Mapping is so easy I learned how to do it when I was 12, we've had members of HG pick up how to use Sourcemod in a couple weeks time. People can complain all they want, it helps make alot of noise and draw attention to the issues but that can only accomplish so much. If you want to actually help do something useful. Join the events team and help start up events, join HGDC as a coder, join the mapping team. Even joining QA and pitching in that way and making QA for CSGO have a point is helpful to an extent. Complain and raise awareness or put in some work and help CSGO division and HG as a whole.

What if people dont have time to put in the dedication it takes to be in a branch? Like you even said some people are just here for fun. Everyone can help in their own way, that doesnt mean you have to be staff, a mapper, or a dev. Does people giving suggestions when there seems to be none left not help leadership?

its not up to HG's core member pool to get stuff done because they're here for the fun, signing up for a team or position of any power means you're sacrificing part of the time you would be having fun towards ensuring others get to have more fun

But sure, if thats the only way you think one is able to contribute something, I am willing to learn sourcemod or how to map in CSGO. In fact I literally said that.

I would be more than happy to offer my help in any way i can

If you dont have the time on your hands to perhaps set up classes for people to learn these things than links to guides you believe would help (or have helped you learn) or even a guide you write yourself would certainly help. Me making a thread addressing issues and starting a dicussion on how they should be fixed isnt complaining. Complaining is "fix jb" without offering and ideas or help in any way. 

I have hosted 2 mapping contests to encourage more mappers to join or people to learn mapping.

I mean I know how to map I just don't have the imagination to do it lol. As I've said before I'd be willing to help fix maps or edit them to be/look better but I'm not going to sit there and make a map, but apparently thats what has to be done to join the team lol

Having played well more than a thousand hours on the HG Jailbreak and not having played it that much as I used to do the past 2-3 years I kinda wanna give my opinion about HG Jailbreak.

The HG Jailbreak ''Golden Age'' is gone and it has been for a while. The people that made playing Jailbreak so fun cause of innovating leading and just goofing around and trying to have fun instead of nitpicking and just trying to get as many kills. HG used to have people waiting in Queue to actually be able to join the server cause it used to be so populated and on a server reset it was a race to be back into the server and not lose your spot.
I put so much time and effort into making Jailbreak as fun as possible in the times of 2013-2015 and it always used to be a blast to log into.
We had many of Advisors and Leaders and a couple of Directors working on Jailbreak and giving it updates and some small events once in a while. 

Due to some events happing I got banned in 2015 for 3 months  and after my unban I noticed that Jailbreak started to change up and it was slowly losing the tight community we used to have on HG Jailbreak.
Also noticed that the people that used to be an Advisor/Leader/Director worked less and less on Jailbreak to try and make other servers just as great as Jailbreak. (Minigames and much later on also TTT)
It just seems that the interest to keep Jailbreak alive and going was lost at that time and work on other stuff cause Jailbreak was so populated nobody would perhaps think it would all go away one day.

So me not being able to play with the buds I used to spend more than a thousand made me lose interest in playing Jailbreak as much as I used to do, but sometimes I used to pop back in and play for an hour and then leave just to be annoyed that HG Jailbreak is not what it used to be anymore which saddens me.

Now I peek back into the new HG website and just see 1 empty TTT CS:GO server, so would bringing Jailbreak at this moment even bring some population to play it properly and not with just 10 players.
I've seen some population events going on from HG trying to get Jailbreak some population again but with sadly no results.
I don't know a clear fix how to make Jailbreak like it used to be before, but all I know is that if you have good and funny regular leads and active HG Advisor+ people for shenanigans once in a while makes the server more enjoyable and make it more memorable like it used to do in 2013-2015 when the population was insane.

Here are my HG Jailbreak stats for the ones curious: http://hellsgamers.gameme.com/playerinfo/3502382

Edited by Xaioa
  • Like 2

lol this whole discussion you guys are having is one big joke....

its the map, its the perks, its the 1map, its the mods not stepping up, and whatnot for bullshit excuses some of u guys have been slinging around like feces in a monkeycage ever since jb has been slacking till it finally died.

i"v played sooo long on that server... and u know who i blame for this shit. [part of post redacted for being off topic]

[part of post redacted for being off topic]

this shit all started when they started to pg-13 the server.. suddenly u cant say cunt, suddenly u cant lead this way or that way, suddenly words became offensive, suddenly u couldnt even nitpick for fun, suddenly u could  be banned for the admins/mod own discretion, suddenly some cuck could just tell u turn off music dat had nothing wrong with it, 

why did they have to do this? was it so they can make their stamp on jb, was it cause they are actual cucks, was it cause their feelings got hut (i know peace wouldnt). tbh i dont care or wanna know anyway

im not a big fan of all changes in the map or plugins but if u go and put the issue on those things u guys are just talking over what made jb fun..

u can populate jb all u want with a full server the reason the server will drop from 60 to 0 in a couple of hours is cause its no longer FUN.

i do have to give props to peace that while he made those anti harassment rules, all the last times i"v played with him he did not keep to those rules, and it was some fun.

Edited by *Jaws Theme*
Flaming individuals
  • Like 1

re: optical's post

Surely it's better to have a discussion about it than to just not talk about it and let it completely die. Sure, some people have differing views on the issue and not everyone is agreeing, but it's definitely better to talk about it.

I don't agree with most of the stuff you've said in your post. Just kind of sounds like you're annoyed because you couldn't be rude and offensive to people anymore? Everyone likes a good joke every now and then, but sometimes it can go too far, and these changes brought in were designed to try and prevent that from happening.

To go into some specific points made:

• Can't nitpick "for fun" anymore - this was never fun. it was maybe "fun" for the person doing the nitpicking, but it just lead to disruption for the lead trying to lead the day and just frustrates the flow of the server. Nitpicking to a certain extent can be funny from time to time, when there is a flaw in the order - but to nitpick EVERY order on it's slightest dismerit became very frustrating and affected server population.
  • Playing music - There were set times and set caliber of music that was deemed to be acceptable in the server. When I was in leadership we were happy for mods/admins to ajudge this at their own discrection. For the most part, in my experience, this was handled well. We need to make sure the server is appealing to as many people as possible, not just the one person who wants to play their music.
  • Jailbreak may have stopped being fun for you, and that's okay. The changes we made felt gave the opportunity to make the most fun for a widest possible range of people. Yes, this includes the "little kids" or whatever you want to say. The younger population represent a big chunk of the people who play CS:GO - we'd be stupid to try and not to at least slightly cater for that by having an atmosphere whereby they join the server and don't immediately have 10 grown ass men screaming at them calling them a "squeaker cunt" or such. We're sorry that we didn't mould jailbreak SPECIFICALLY for your exact needs/wants, but it really do be like that sometimes.

To call out/insult people on this post just seems irrelevant. Be negative - sure (I know I have), but do it respectfully and constructively.

i should have been more articulate in my wordings instead of just letting my feelings ramble on tru dat...since its clear that how i"ve written it, u clearly can take it out of context.

yeah im salty, cause i wanna play jailbreak, and not cause i wanna be rude.... (how long u played with me.... ). im salty cause this whole thread never mentions what i believe to me more of an issue then the map or the plugins.

i"ll not go into the jokes going "too far" cause i think thats utter nonsensen but i repect every server in how far they wish to go on that.

-nitpicking; there used to not even be a term for this(dont take this literally), we had fun playing around the rules, even though we got punished it was fun playing with the rules. nitpicking is for those who take it too serious. likeu said it can be fun,and for me fun trumps an admin slapping me in te wrist for nitpicking.what u rather have a server going mental cause its funny to see someone argue with the lead and soforth and soforth, or pplafraid to make funny jokes. i"ll abide but i don"t agree.

-playing music: i have asked this manier times at higherups and all i heard all music except for racism,loud noises and bad quality werent allowed, and not based on the taste of the admin. any sane person would turn it off if just asked by more then a couple of ppl....

-in ur third point idk what u say cause its a fallacy to say u want to inclusive by excluding. jailbreak never stopped being fun(less fun maybe but still fun) for me, i still did till the last playing day whatever i wanted to do in jailbreak, im just lucky i guess for not being banned. love me some squeekers, but also love me some ppl wanting to say squeeker cunt ,,) its kinda like u had a bar , and then u see teens hanging around ur bar and then u say lets turn this into a alcoholfree bar. there is a middleway i bet. u can"t seriously deny that hg jb is a niche in the jb servers.it was one of the last places u could actually have some non pg-13 bs fun still. and i don"t get what ur saying about 10 grown ass men calling a squeeker a squeeker cunt in jb ever... most ppl i played with there where pretty normal"enough". 

been through all the changes in all the years, thats is my reason to think its not the plugins or the map, but a different change thats happened in the last year. (yes i could said it better instead of blurting out my stoopid feelings). 

for me these are all non issues if it comes to playing again, i"ve lived by these rules, i"ll complain but i"ll abide. just saying these could be reasons ppl might be deterred from playing.

tbh fun leads is what we miss the most =) (and ppl lol)

ps: im sorry for calling out one of the greatest jailbreakers ever, peace. should not have done  that. 

+im also sorry for being so negative while everyone here is doing their best figuring out how to get jb back up and running.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...