Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Remove obj_evac

Laces115

Literally the second time in the past 2 days that Evac's replay has crashed the server.

Plus, it's always just a bloodbath at match start meaning we never get further than 5 minutes into it. It's just a trashy OBJ map that's too old and unrefined compared to almost everything else we have.

• Like 1

I actually agree with @Laces115 on this one. Playing zs_obj_evac is now akin to watching a Dying and Losing Simulator for Humans because when the round starts, Humans can't build barricades because there are little to no props, and even if a makeshift-barricade is somehow constructed, Zombies shred or bypass them due to the old and poorly-configured geometry of this map for the Zombie Survival game mode, and all Human players eventually end up dead in seconds.

Now that zombies have cards, and they gain boosted stats through those cards, personally, I feel that zs_obj_evac needs to go. It's outdated, and with these recent and new integrations into ZS, it could be considered a map not suited to the new advancement HG has taken with Zombie Survival itself. It's been fun with zs_obj_evac while it lasted, but not all things could live up to be what they were in the past, and from that, better to have one problem removed from a list of problems than let it stay and escalate into more problems.

Keep opting to remove maps but I dont see any replacement  map... at this rate we wont have any more maps..... also your both wrong... all you need is a junk pack and you get by first part. .. we usually get pretty far in evac. Just sounds like nobody had a junk pack and caded...  and if a case does get put up people need to shoot.. you guys are blaming a failure on the map when in reality it's the humans fault not the map

• Thanks 1

@Wonderland

I like to think its also partly the map as well because at the beginning, the zombie spawn is pretty close to where Humans first spawn, and the enclosure around both the Humans and the Zombie Spawn is pretty small. 

I'm aware that this has always been the case for zs_obj_evac for years, but now that Zombies gain increased stats from cards and more Human players are becoming greedy point-whores, I would say the map could use some type of update, at least for the very beginning portion of the map.