Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

{Help} Good specs for gmod

Doctor Who?

Hey I'm looking for a good computer mainly for Gmod zs,rp and I am planning to play rust on it too but probably just mostly ZS. I saw some post that gmod runs poorly on Good PC but im not sure if that applies to every good PC.
I used to play Gmod at average 30 fps on gt 560 ti 2gb, 4 gb ram ddr2 Intel dual core i forgot which exact model but it was at 2.2 ghz. Sadly it stopped working So i decided to buy a Laptop at 600$ just so i could use it at school projects. The laptop has ryzen 3 2200, ADM radeon Vega 3, 4g ddr4 . I didn't test Gmod on this since i think it wouldn't run with this shitty gpu. So now i need help in picking the right parts that would give me 60 fps 1080p at high settings or maybe medium.

Does anyone of you know a good specs for gmod? 

for mid end i can suggest you to get a:
(APU) AMD Rhyson 5 (you can add a video card later on, but my machine runs gmod perfectly with no GPU)
8 GB of ram (no less, more if you would like)
Win 10

This is exactly what i have in my pc

Price to expect to be paying if you are building from scratch:  *$1200 AUD

Edited by AmberDoesStuff

and since its an APU, you can allways put a GPU in later down the line, it will overwrite the GPU that is built into the APU, eg i plan to upgrade to a gtx 1080 soon, and no problem, but make sure to take others oppinions first, and go with what sounds best suited to you, eg,  for games like fallout 76, the best i get is 15 fps on low settings, so you wont be able to play massive games like that, fallout 4 is playable with only slight fps drops but that is the engine