Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A new way for paid accounts (gold+)

@Snowyamur  I completely agree when you say that changing it can make the tables turn in either direction. That's what I feel would be the one way road decision. The way HeLLsGamers has Administrative rankings setup in game is functioning adequately. Gold account is the lowest official group with Admin Power in any server, which is why I agree on keeping it the same. It cannot overpower someone of same ranking without punishment, as well as anyone Moderator or above can easily stop any issues with the person if such event does occur. 

@Hugin&Munin  The main reason why I don't completely agree with your statements is because it will alter the rest of the positions for in game Server Admins (i.e Admin, Mod, Staff, God Admin). As I said before it also allows people to assist in server related inquires without the responsibility of being in HG. And for the people who are in HG and might not be eligible for a Divisional Moderator, Gold Account Admin is a solution. Even when in HG, Admins are recommended to but not required to enforce rules. They are the lowest in game Admin level for a reason.  We all know that to an extent new Gold Account Admins either accidentally or purposely abuse, but not to where 1-2 people every other year force Homer himself to change one of HG's larger incomes besides willing donators.

There have been few to zero incidents where a Gold Account was actually stripped from the buyer especially in the past few years. The less serious times were properly dealt with by the Divisional Leaders. Again it's the reason we have such a developed Hierarchy all throughout HG. Why prevent something that has yet to happen? Even if 2 people bought Admin and proceeded to raise drama and abuse, it takes 5 seconds for any Moderator+ to ban them and let leadership do their job. There are easier ways to deal with events related to that and without the need of any time consuming factors. All HG game and forum Security Members (Divisional Mods & Staff in game, Development, Internal Directors, Executives) that follow the given procedures have had no problem advising the past issues. I would agree with this change if there were monthly or even weekly problems with "trollers" buying Gold just to abuse, but there aren't any, and even if one does, they'd be revoked of power and possibly banned within 24 hours. The in game Admin structure is not broken, nor is the procedure to handle Admins who go rogue. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

• Like 1

@Admiral MacK Yes completely understandable friend. It was expected that people would not agree with what I said, even tho If I were to make a community server myself I would not do this way like HG does, I would rather use a better solution for it but not giving power.

I agree, don't fix it if it aint broken but you can always improve.

Still your arguments are valid and I like it because you gave me more insigh of this topic than most of the people here probably would.

Edited by Hugin&Munin

@Hugin&Munin  I am glad that I am able to assist with the insight of this topic. I do find it educating for everyone involved in discussions such as these because it opens up the Community and new possibilities for it. I respect you for outputting your recommendations and opinions to HG because you had the soul intent of assisting a problem that is not an easy one to fix. I only hope that anyone reading this topic or apart of the discussion knows that this is the best form of communication. Respectfully commenting on a topic with formal constructive criticism with knowledge and experience or even just a single opinion can change the outlook on entire subjects. I take yours and other's responses and opinions here to further improve my own judgement; I hope that it is the same with my past posts for whomever reads them.   

MacK

• Like 1

@Admiral MacK

Unfortunately, there are very few people who would engage in constructive conversations like this today, and this was relieving for me given that when I hop onto the Garry's Mod ZS server, all I hear is a bunch of people talking about random stuff that makes no sense and is bad to read and look at. While I don't say that everyone today acts the way people do on the Garry's Mod ZS server, there are those in my current generation who do, and it disappoints me to see how technology, let alone easy-access to everything now, has shaped so many in negative ways that their actions reflect on the results.

That aside, as a quick suggestion, if we wanted to rework how Gold+ itself operates without interfering with HeLLsGamers' structural hierarchy (moving priority around), I would say Gold+ should have only the following:

•  access to custom sprays
  • access to custom player models
  • access to custom name tags
  • have a reserve slot on any of our game servers; full or not, they can get in.
  • can use !gag commands
  • can use !mute commands

And that's about it for all general game servers.

For Garry's Mod ZS specifically, the extra stuff would be added below:

• can use !zlist command
  • can use !zlock command
  • has access to the Admin chat
  • Humans can customize their weapons with Camos

However, that's just for Garry's Mod. For TF2, CS:S, and CS:GO, I can't say.

• Like 1

@Snowyamur  I'll agree with your reasoning about the Garry's Mod ZS Server. Certain servers have a tendency for certain people to join and it's all just confusion and kids talking over kids. Trade #2 over in Team Fortress 2 is 70% of the time all kids besides any common visitors and HG Members. Although my reasoning behind not wanting to change the permissions of Gold Account are only valid to TF2. I haven't seen an active Gold Account Admin in many months here in TF2.  The following list is a personal idea of what it could be and not all variables have been implemented. 

Trade Server Access:

•  [Admin] Tag
  • @ Warn
  • !Mute/Gag/Silence
  • Normal VIP commands & perks

For Mann Vs. Machine: 
  •  [Admin] Tag
  • @ Warn
  • !Mute/Gag/Silence
  • Normal VIP commands & perks
  • Same MvM command access as VIP

P.S. This is just a comment for the topic, I do not support the idea of changing VIP Account Structure.

Edited by Admiral MacK
  • Like 1