Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggestions (ZS) | Human Boss Suggestion

Aquarius145

Hi, my name is Rath. I have some suggestions for Gmod Zombie Survival.

I've been in ZS and I have played it a lot. It is so fun, I've seen some lack of human bosses. So, I'll try to bring it up to you.

As the last human alive, you can be General Roasterrock randomly. So, I'd bring my suggestion. You will randomly be chosen as Roasterrock and another boss.

I've came up with a boss

Example of description:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DwightEisenhower HAS RISEN AS RICKY SWIFT

HE'S FAST, HAS DUAL SUBMACHINE GUNS AND GRENADES, HIS ARMOR IS QUITE LIGHT!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playermodel (Ricky Swift)---------->https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121566734

• Like 1

As for the Ricky Swift last-human boss, I'm intrigued by a Human boss that lacks the tank of the Juggernaut (if that's General Roasterrock), but makes up for it in speed, agility, and endurance because a boss like this would require zombies different from the usual Normal Zombie, Bloated, Poison, Immolator, or Zombine that players choose to fight against the General. However, I'm unsure about a few things:

• can Ricky Swift be stunned, grappled by Devourer, or otherwise knocked down by Wendigo?
  • can it be frozen in place by Frozen Immolators or the Frozen Shade?
  • can it be set aflame by the Immolator or Fire Headcrab?
  • how much health does it have?
  • how much armor does it wear as a shield (assuming its lower than General Roasterrock's, given it has "lighter armor")?
  • what is its base movement speed?
  • what weapons does it use that make it unique from weapons unlocked from Redeem, given as a Maximum Threat, or available from the Worth Menu and Arsenal Crate?
    • appearance?
      • in first-person view?
      • as it appears on the model for other players, including yourself?
    • name of the weapons
    • statistics:
      • damage
      • fire rate
      • DPS
      • clip size
      • reload speed
      • movement speed
  • what is the scaling for the playermodel you provided so that its hitbox is fair-game for the Zombies?
  • any immunity, damage resistance, or damage mitigation effects?

These are things you should be mentioning when coming up with a new Boss or Enemy Type suggestion for ZS because the more specific and detailed the suggestion is, the better it helps us, as players, understand what may/ may not be implemented, but is nonetheless suggested.

I just wanna be simple, not add a lot of text. They must do it themselves, I'm just showin' my concept.

@Fredrich Rath

Nothing wrong with being simple about a concept. However, if you want the best feedback or the best chances at something you suggest being incorporated in-game, it doesn't hurt to take some time thinking and writing out what Ricky Swift is supposed to be as a Last Human Boss in-terms of mechanics, characteristics, attributes, etc.

As a good ZS player once told me, "I would rather have suggestions that were well-thought out and fleshed-out than these small, broken, possibly hashed ideas that won't even work for ZS," and that's how I've been approaching these ZS suggestions. It's better to have something detailed that people can think about than something so simple, yet lacks so much detail that people will only approach its concept, not how it would actually affect the general gameplay of Zombie Survival.

• Thanks 1

Meh, I guess, I'll try to. Btw nice advice

@Fredrich Rath

Thanks. I'm trying to get people to start posting higher-quality and more well-thought out suggestions rather than creating this "Design for the Dump," where people are throwing in a bunch of random ideas that they pulled out of nowhere and have such little detail that it's slightly-obvious that not much thought was put into them. Eventually, these suggestions get ignored and are thrown away, which made them pointless to have been mentioned to begin with. 

When it comes to these suggestions, it's better to have ones that are well-written because it's good practice for game design, plus the feedback received and the thinking going into reading the suggestion itself are more in-depth and specific. As I see it, a well-thought out and well-written game suggestion or idea is more valued over a hashed one.

• Thanks 1