Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Random thought-out zombie perks

Smecklingdorf

>>> Random Zombie Perks that i pulled out of my ass <<<

1. Blast Cap (8000 BP) - Increases the blast radius of Chem Zombies, Zombine Nade, and Bonemesh Gas Balls' by either 10% or 15%~

2. Bomb Training (6000 BP)Hitting an explosive (C4, Claymores, and/or SLAM Mines) will have a 40% chance of defusing resulting a cease of explosion (cuz bosses today are scared of a shit-load of C4s in one room)

3. Mirror Shield (25000 BP)Rack up additional damage by tanking bullets; each damage taken is calculated by this:

• Every 22 Damage = 1%
  • MP40 does 37 per bullet so that equals to 1.68%
  • The maximum limit is 40%
  • So the outcome is if a Nightmare manage to rack up the maximum additional damage of 40% + 1.37% avg. difficulty when both supplies were down, the next hit results in 274 (hence the high price tag)

Mirror Shield resets every time you hit something, no matter if it's a barricade, a loose prop, a human, a wall, or even your fellow zombie friends.

4. Fighting Spirit (1000 BP) - Receive extra seconds of Howler's Buff

5. Thicker Skin (12000 BP) - Reduces the bullet penetration by 15% when being hit first (Makes Shades and Bloated an even better bullet shields)

comment if it's good or bad idc HG is never gunna add these :( 

Edited by Smecklingdorf
repealed the buff lol xd
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, TheDarkDevilRo3 said:

Thicker skin should be more expensive since Tough Skin is like 12k and only 10% resistance or we can make tough skin lower price and this 12k also these traits are nice and id love to try em out if the developers will add em

noted

Edited by Smecklingdorf

comment if it's good or bad idc HG is never gunna add these :( 

@Smecklingdorf

Well, that's certainly pessimistic-thinking towards an idea you spent time writing here.

On another note:

• with Blast Cap, you need to make up your mind on this one; you can't just go 10% or 15%, choose one and settle on it since both seem like fair values, but personally, I'm leaning with the 10% increase in range for Chem, Zombine grenade, and Bonemesh gas and meat ball explosions.
    • the pricing could be lowered a bit; I feel that's too expensive for something that doesn't increase damage nor health.
  • with Bomb Training, how would the Zombies disable the bombs? Would they hit them with a chance at defusing them, or would they just walk into a room full of explosives and some get magically-defused, while others don't? You have to clarify how the Zombies would defuse bombs, and what would happen to the bombs if they were successfully defused.
  • with Mirror Shield, I like the name for this one, but 22 damage for a 1% increase in damage is too easy to rack up to a 40% damage increase. You need to set the bar higher for the 1% damage boost because Humans can inflict hundreds of points of damage on average with low-tier guns.
    • is this boost limited; does it reset on death or does it stay for the duration of the game?
    • the pricing of 25000 BP is way too expensive; not many Zombie players can achieve that without being the only zombie that's dealing damage to barricades; it needs to be lowered to something more reasonable.
  • with Fighting Spirit, how many seconds of extra buff time do they receive for the Howler's buff?
  • with Thicker Skin, this is an interesting one. I'm not sure if having it set where being hit first provides a 15% resistance penetration because there is no specification in reference to what will "being hit first" apply the boost. I would treat it like you did with Mirror Shield where it's a build-up of penetration resistance because that can be applied, and we know with what reference it's applied to.
    • the pricing is slightly over-the-top with this trait; lowering it might make it appear more appealing.

This is just how I perceive these traits.

Alright, Alright @Snowyamur

Blast Cap - Yeah let's settle for 10%, i wrote that before i saw the up the update that the thing was reduced, so i'll probably lowered it for around 3000 BP

Bomb Training - You have to hit the C4s or SLAM or Claymores to activate the perk, if it was a succesful defuse, there would be no explosion (you gotta hit em, walking upon them still kill ya). 20% Chance of defusing is reasonable and won't hurt much to C4 Spammers

Mirror Shield - So first the price i don't know but i'll lower it to 15000 BP. Next, Yes they reset also upon death due to the fact i can foresee that this would be exploited. So the calculations i think they would code like 0.20% per 30 Damage for the slow build up or what not...

Fighting Spirit - 3 Seconds at best

Thicker Skin - i might lower it right around 3500 BP if that's okay with you. Hmm you bring a good point about the first hit thing, i think we could settle with mirror shield like 0.80% per 30 damage, the reason being i want Bloated/Poison zombie reach the 15% Anti-penetration base on lower HP

lemme know if there are more concerns so i can rework it

• Like 1

For Blast Cap:

10% sounds like a reasonable and balanced-stat for this trait, so I think this one works. Also, reducing it to 3000 BP makes it so that it's not a whole-loss or waste of BP when considering other options like Fury Rush or Runner Gene; it's now on-par with the pricing and could be added on alongside the mentioned perks should the player have twice the BP amount.

For Bomb Training:

It's good that you specifically-mentioned that HITTING any deployable explosive would have a 20% chance at disabling it, but you have yet to mention what happens upon successfully-defusing an explosive device, or if failing to defuse it. I would assume failure to defuse any explosive would result in it detonating, so no need to explain what happens in that case.

For Mirror Shield:

Now that I know that this ability is lost on death, you'll need to ramp up the build-up for the damage increase, as 0.20% damage increase/ 30 points of damage was acceptable if the effect was permanent, but now the boost-for-damage amount is too low. You'll need to adjust it enough so that it's fair for the Zombie players to gain a sizable boost while attacking, and it's fair for the Humans that they aren't dealing with overpowered, necrotic corpses from the get-go all the time.

The pricing still seems too high. When compared to more effective abilities like Ruin (12000 BP) and Devour Hope (20000 BP), this ability isn't worth it. You need to lower it more, maybe make the pricing slightly higher than that for the Eviscerator (5000 BP) trait to make it fair for both the Zombie and Human teams.

For Fighting Spirit:

+3 seconds added to the duration of the Howler's buff effect sounds reasonable.

For Thick Skin:

If you want to have Bloated and Poison Zombies have anti-penetrative bullet resistance on low HP, then making the boost-for-damage amount slightly low will work. 0.80% damage/ 30 points of damage sounds reasonable, but I recommend accounting the max health for both zombies if you're aiming for this trait to be a worthwhile attribute for both the Zombie types you mentioned.

These are great adjustments! For the record, stop treating as if I'm asking you to change it for me; I'm suggesting these changes so that they're fair and balanced when incorporated in-game. I care more about the game than what's made only for me to benefit, and I'm doing the best I can to suggest changes to make your suggestion appear as a higher-quality suggestion.

Considering devour hope, i do not think we need mirror shield. But all the other ones are very interesting. 

Mirror shield would get nerfed so fast. Id get the perk and one shot 3 humans with tickle mare and if im lucky it would be one of those winy bitches that complain about how op zombies always are.

@Smecklingdorf

As I said before, your thinking was pessimistic, but what I didn't say was that Forrest considers any new ZS suggestion when he has the time to look at them. The chances of implementation are usually higher for well-detailed, explained, and thought-out suggestions, such as for the traits you listed here, over ones fished out of nowhere, so don't establish a self-fulfilling prophecy believing your ideas mean nothing when they can, in fact, make the gameplay for Zombie Survival more uniquely-diverse.