Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Infiltrator (Zombie) | ZS Suggestion

Snowyamur

Below is the design document for the Infiltrator, a new approach for a Zombie boss capable of disabling Human devices. Access and read it via the link below for more information.

Infiltrator 1.0

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, improvements, or opinions, feel free to let me below.

Edited by Snowyamur

Overdrive is nice, 12 seconds are great, an indication where it's gonna blow is good

So my Questions here are:

1. Would this boss has the same after-phase effect of chrono? (Green Aura emitted after phase and render immobile and unusable for x seconds based around the time of phase) as i could see this being troubling and make it a waste of worth. 
  2. Would it have the sound played upon phasing? if so it is both or only upon entering phase or exiting phase?
  3. How would the Deployables and Utilities would look like when they were EMP'd?
  4. Would it still affects deployables when they were picked up before the overdrive then placing it back?

Overall neat idea, i hope i didn't misread most of the document and missing vital info

• Thanks 1

@Snowyamur Just before I read the document, my idea was that the boss could be like shade, but since its supposed to disable humans devices it should be like a sphere of eletricity particles flying around (without any "body" just like I said, a sphere os electricity particles with perhaps the same effect of the auto nail repair on the center aka image distortion). After I read it to get more information about it, I see you somehow already imagined the same thing. We would need a new tool for repairing disabled props to make it more interesting perhaps. Disabled props could have a new bar on the top of the props health bar. The color for the "disabled bar" couldn't be blue since blue means no one owns those props anymore, we would need a color suggestion for that.

Or either with the disabled timer alternative, just the bar no top showing how long to be enabled again.

This boss could be fun.

Edited by Hugin&Munin
  • Thanks 1

Added the updated GDD for the Infiltrator, accessible via the link below:

Infiltrator 1.4

Changes:

• Hugin&Munin is now a Contributor.
  • Smecklingdorf is now a Contributor.
  • Synopsis has been revised to provide clearer information on the Infiltrator's abilities.
  • Health has been lowered from 3500 to 3250.
  • Movement Speed has been adjusted from being on par-speed with the Chrono Butcher to being slightly faster than the Chrono Butcher.
  • Universal damage resistance has been lowered from 25% to 20%.
  • Abilities has new and revised information:
    • Overdrive
      • Supply Crate equipment is part of the list of susceptible devices to interference.
        • Nailbot
        • Barricade Material Transponder
      • disabled equipment is specified.
      • re-linked equipment is specified.
      • repairing disabled equipment is specified.
      • the appearance and indicators for disabled equipment are specified.
    • Phase Shift
      • general information on how Phase Shift works has changed.
      • the processes for using Phase Shift, during it, and after it are specified.
  • Infiltrator - Graphical Information has new and revised information:
    • descriptive information has been adjusted to fit ability profile.

@Smecklingdorf

I've updated the GDD to include stuff that answers your questions. Be sure to take another look at it.

@Fredrich Rath

Both your questions were already answered to begin with on this GDD. Look again carefully.

@Hugin&Munin

Now I sort-of remember. You were the first person mention a prototype-zombie capable of disabling Human equipment, but it wasn't quite fleshed out. Well, now you're a Contributor to a combined idea, and I didn't consider the idea of a Shade with sparks flying off of it until after reading what you posted. However, I think the altered Nightmare may serve a better fit.

@Snowyamur I see, and I don't think I actually gave the idea on the first place. I have talked alot of ideas with Forrest, but I don't quite remember talking about the infiltrator, even tho it would be the kind of Idea I would have if I was thinking about zombie bosses.

Atm the ideas I have shared are related to some other game mechanics. But back to it:

I don't quite imagine it using a body.. an electric spherical being kind fits it better like if it was some kind of anomaly. Although we could make a vote to add a body to it or not, IF YES, we should not use something that exist in game, we could just take a model from KF1 or KF2 or any other game, do a little modification if needed and add it to the game as the new boss model. 

Also thanks for the contribution credits, nice of you.

Anomalies-2.jpg < exemple of what I mean.

Remember, we should as well keep it refreshing on the visual side.

Edited by Hugin&Munin
  • Like 1

@Snowyamur I see, and I don't think I actually gave the idea on the first place. I have talked alot of ideas with Forrest, but I don't quite remember talking about the infiltrator, even tho it would be the kind of Idea I would have if I was thinking about zombie bosses.

Atm the ideas I have shared are related to some other game mechanics. But back to it:

I don't quite imagine it using a body.. an electric spherical being kind fits it better like if it was some kind of anomaly. Although we could make a vote to add a body to it or not, IF YES, we should not use something that exist in game, we could just take a model from KF1 or KF2 or any other game, do a little modification if needed and add it to the game as the new boss model. 

Also thanks for the contribution credits, nice of you.

Anomalies-2.jpg < exemple of what I mean.

Remember, we should as well keep it refreshing on the visual side.

@Hugin&Munin

I like that thinking for its appearance. The reason why I was going for a re-colored and alternate-version of the Nightmare was because I'm considering what's doable given the available resources and skills at our disposal. However, if we can incorporate and electrical, anomaly-like being for the Infiltrator Zombie Boss, then I think this would not only be a refreshing and relieving sight from all the other Zombie Boss appearances, but it would also expand on how far Zombie Survival can be taken in-terms of creativity and imagination.

I like it, and I will consider it when I update the Infiltrator GDD.

• Like 1

@Snowyamur Ah I see, due to the resources already available. I understand now.

No worry about the incorporation of the appearence, in case we are not able to do, I can easily rig a model from another game to source that fits the boss description (like I mentioned models from KF1 or KF2 or any other game that has any kind of crazy zombies) It just turns difficult if the models are too complex.

But in case we can incorporate that appearence, I think that would be Forrest doing since its mainly scriptable effects with particles, would have to ask him when he is online to know for sure.

In case none of the above works, the original nightmare model modification you said is still nice by itself. And if this boss is accepted we can just sure add it with the original model and then change it for the new model later on.

Edited by Hugin&Munin
  • Thanks 1

@Snowyamur Ah I see, due to the resources already available. I understand now.

No worry about the incorporation of the appearence, in case we are not able to do, I can easily rig a model from another game to source that fits the boss description (like I mentioned models from KF1 or KF2 or any other game that has any kind of crazy zombies) It just turns difficult if the models are too complex.

But in case we can incorporate that appearence, I think that would be Forrest doing since its mainly scriptable effects with particles, would have to ask him when he is online to know for sure.

In case none of the above works, the original nightmare model modification you said is still nice by itself. And if this boss is accepted we can just sure add it with the original model and then change it for the new model later on.

@Hugin&Munin

If swapping models out for the Infiltrator is indeed possible, then I have no problem with incorporating the type of model you suggested for the Infiltrator. I think it would look great and pretty cool for the players to see, if that's the case.

• Like 1

I've updated the Infiltrator GDD with some new changes; be sure to check it out via the link below:

Infiltrator 1.7

Changes:

• Infiltrator - Mechanic Attributes changes:
    • Health value increased from 3250 to 4500.
    • Overdrive ability adjustments:
      • Adjusted ability description to match how the ability is explained mechanically.
      • Added how the player camera will change activating and cancelling Overdrive.
      • Removed redundancy with how disabled objects can still be destroyed by Zombie players.
      • Adjusted how the gauge indicator for charging will display to the player.
      • Updated when and how equipment is disabled by the Overdrive shockwave.
    • Phase Shift adjustments:
      • Adjusted what happens upon expiration or forceful-cancellation of the Phase Shift ability.
  • Infiltrator - Appearance changes:
    • Model:
      • Separated the original "Model" tree into "Model 1" and "Model 2" categories.
        • Added another model option for "Model 2."
    • Icon Appearance:
      • Added "Model 1" and "Model 2" categories for the icon appearance.
        • Added another icon option for the Infiltrator for Model 2.
    • Animations:
      • Updated basic animations format with what will occur when fully-charged and on death.
      • Added "Model 1" and Model 2" categories for the Animations.
        • Added another set of animations for the Infiltrator for Model 2.
    • Sounds:
      • Updated the set of sounds to apply for different behaviors.
      • Added "Model 1" and "Model 2" categories for the sounds.
        • Added another set of sounds for the Infiltrator for Model 2.
    • Removed Death Animations; these are now located as a sub-category under "Animations."
  • Like 1