Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why does Salt Mine exist?

Laces115

@Laces115

Frankly, most of the time we play zs_salt_mines, no one wants to make a barricade, so either I do it or Banshee does it when he's online. The only time I've seen the Human Team win is if most of the Zombie Team goes AFK for 2-3 waves, and at that point, they still haven't destroyed the front barricade.

To be honest, I see this as more of a Zombie-advantageous map because Human caders struggle to make barricades due to the oddly-sized gaps for the hallways, on top of the inability to make multi-prop barricades without having one vulnerable spot being a one-prop barricade.

Not to be rude here, but we can't keep debating on removing maps just because of a certain abnormality that only you see with them. zs_salt_mines has spots that can be barricaded, but we always choose the mines because of the opportunity to build multiple barricades. In fact, I don't see the mines' long hallways as unfair for the Zombie Team because they aren't narrow; there's plenty of breathing room for the Zombies to move around and dodge, and most of the time, they can land at least one hit before dying.

If anything, I would blame the Zombie Team's lack of cooperation and team cohesion on this one, not the map.