Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fix the Pulverizer

Refined

The pulv melee weapon is already broken and is extremely hard to play and does crazy knockback to other players.

and most importantly, Its impossible when you have add props to the cade, and the Pulv's radius will completely damage and destroy the cader's propss. 

Its extremely broken and needs to be fixed completely

It isnt broken though. It does like 200 damage a hit, requires you to get close enough to the zombies to get hit, and takes ammo. Yes the explosion does break props, however I feel that if you already know this, then you shouldn't use it when the cader is cading. The Pulv is decent as is. Its knockback is pretty far, however that is what that melee is meant for. also cause it explodes, it should push zombies back quite a ways.

@Lynxx

It isnt broken though. It does like 200 damage a hit, requires you to get close enough to the zombies to get hit, and takes ammo. Yes the explosion does break props, however I feel that if you already know this, then you shouldn't use it when the cader is cading. The Pulv is decent as is. Its knockback is pretty far, however that is what that melee is meant for. also cause it explodes, it should push zombies back quite a ways.

Refined is talking about how other players are using the Pulverizer while he's cading, and they're essentially interrupting the barricading process through their reckless explosions.

@Refined

First off, this should be going into the Suggestions portion of the Garry's Mod Zombie Survival Forums. Secondly, when I read:

and most importantly, Its impossible when you have add props to the cade, and the Pulv's radius will completely damage and destroy the cader's propss. 

I'm thinking that's the main reason you want the Pulverizer nerfed. I can understand the frustration, as a cader myself, that having props destroyed by player reckless is annoying to deal with. Unfortunately, that reasoning alone is not enough to warrant a nerf, rather a minor fix, instead. Consider nerfing as making an in-game mechanic weaker, not essentially "fixing" something, because nerfs are rarely fixes for anything.

I think the Pulverizer is fine the way it currently is because although the knockback sends a zombie flying far away from the contact point, it's damage-output isn't enough to insta-kill the normal Zombie or Ghoul. Plus, as @Lynxx pointed out, this melee weapon requires ammo to be remotely-effective; without ammo, it's just another Frying Pan.

As I said, I think you want this weapon nerfed because it interferes with barricading, but what you want is a "fix," not a "nerf."