Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why is the Shade rock a thing?

Marco

Does anyone think this feature is just stupid? I mean where does it pull out those rocks to begin with...
Shade should function as a prop throwing boss or as a shield for zombies. It shouldn't be able to deal damage to humans on its own.

IMO it should be removed or have a great damage debuff as it shouldn't be able to one-shot a human.

• Sad 1

The last time I was a shade and successfully hit someone with the rock, I did roughly 60ish damage.  I have no clue what the difficulty multiplier was or what level my shade currently is.

The rock is easy to counter... Shoot it.  It is a prop that the shade pulls out of the ground to throw at humans.  Whenever I see a shade kill someone with a prop I just assume someone didn't nail something down - or a part of the barricade just broke and someone got unlucky.

The button to pull out the rock also interferes with the Shade's controls, when you press R with the, it puts down the prop you were previously holding. Instead of doing that, it pulls out a rock and doesn't put down the prop, and I've also experienced way too much damage from the rocks.

If the whole "Pulling out a rock" mechanic was repurposed for another zombie and to only work on concrete and other sedimentary materials, it could be better.

I agree with Marco,its stupid,his suppoted to throw props and protect the zombies,not making rocks and spamming it,the shade keep spamming rocks and does 80 damage per rock is way op,and about fire crab he really need nerf,120 damage is too op.

Edited by Roberazo

I know I shouldn't be here but this was some of boxsnake recommendations that got added. Part of the thing with shade rock is it has weird physics from nox code which basically means with enough momentum, you can get enough damage to one shot but it has to be a pretty far shot or just lucky, but the default is 60 damage Same thing with doomcrab, if you jump on a humans head just right, you can one shot them. This all has to do with nox coding and physics, not damage values. Thank me later for this.