Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggestions (ZS) | Human Boss Suggestion Overhauled | Part 1

Aquarius145

Boss Name: Ricky Swift

Health: 200

Armor: 750

Playermodel Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121566734

Playermodel Codename: "models/jessev92/player/l4d/m9-hunter.mdl"

Speed: Same as Fast Zombie

Description: A person with an sightly-dark aqua blue jacket and a sightly-dark brow pants

First-Person View: c_arms_citizen_hands (Citizen Hands)

Weapon: "Akimbo Sprayer" Uzi 9mm

Damage Per Hit: 29

Rate of Fire: 0.075

Number of Shots: 1

Clip Size: 80

Movement Speed: 225

Codename: weapon_zs_uzi_duel

Weapon: Grenade

Rate of Fire: 1.25

Clip Size: 40

Movement Speed: 232

Codename: projectile_harpoon

This is the best I can do to overhaul it..

Edited by Fredrich Rath
Edit

I like the way you did the overhaul for the boss; definitely can see all the mechanics for how it will work in-game.

I'm a little worried about the armor value, though, because I think General Roasterrock has about 1000 armor, and 150 armor can get torn to shreds really fast, especially by multiple players going Fast Zombie without having some way to insta-kill them. Unless Ricky Swift moves faster than the Fast Zombies to outrun and dodge them, or has maybe half the armor of GR, the last Human player alive that becomes Ricky Swift might get gibbed really fast.

Edited by Snowyamur
  • Like 1

Just go the way like that.

@Fredrich Rath

I'm just saying that an armor value that low would result in the last Human player selected as Ricky Swift being easily-killed. GR has high armor, that's how he's able to live, and I know he's a tank, but unlike regular Human players, the last Human Boss is exceptionally-stronger and more durable. Ricky Swift shouldn't be a tank, but needs to have some form of durability that distinguishes it from the crowd.

Sure, Ricky Swift is very fast, so he can't be attacked by most Zombie types and Bosses, but he's going to get hit by something at some point, and because armor mitigates damage, and he has low armor, he's going to lose it fast, leaving his health wide-open.

• Thanks 1

Maybe maximum of 750 Armour on 80 population and really good weapons like T6s

Having a system where the last Human Boss' Armor scales with the server pop. count is a great system to incorporate. Doing it this way ensures that a boss meant for 60 Zombie players to take on wouldn't be overpowered for a current pop. size of 15 - 20 Zombie players.

However, 750 Armor still sounds quite large, especially when coupled with Ricky Swift's abnormally-fast movement speed. I'd say 500-600 Armor at ~80 pop. size is more doable, fair, and balanced.

Yes and the weapons arent really good agaisnt 30 zombies . It Should get like a boosted weapon like a hurricane with 200 bullets or smth or those dual uzi 60 dmg and 150 clip size maybe and should have high jump power and take 80% less fall dmg and -90% knockdown time 

I agree on this one. Giving the "Akimbo" Sprayer Uzi 9mm weapons to Ricky Swift is basically leaving him vulnerable since these weapons deal little base damage. However, akin to this boss being fast, having a high fire-rate for these weapons (as they are now) gives them high DPS, so although Ricky Swift can't insta-kill, he can dish out a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

What we can do for these weapons is give them a rename to make it special and unique for Ricky Swift, while modifying it in a way that gives extremely high DPS at very low damage, that way Ricky Swift can dish out damage and kill approaching Fast Zombies or any other mobile zombie type without being easily killed or surrounded.