Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

NEW WEAPONS, TOOLS, UTILITIES, & ZOMBIE SUGGESTIONS

Honcho

Some Critiques!

Orbit - How much HP per second? does it require med-power? neat idea and could help when the rejuvenators were sold out.

Funky Bomb - 2 Stocks is good, yet 500 damage in 200m radius is kinda  bad for zombies, i see this needs some tweaking.

Scraper - Decent concept, i like it!

Zeus - More balance needed, gonna be a pain when 2 guys keeps shooting the gun on a hallway.

Reptile Howler - Bad concept when there was a boss that is designed to counter one gun, that's stupid when you think that wave 5 there should be this boss is absolutely needed because some couple of rich guys bought 2 Zeuses.

Shield Rock - Maybe a good idea as a last resort when the final barricades were down but i think it needs few tweaks

Stun Grenade - No i don't wanna go back to the Flashbang era of HG ZS, especially this could be easily spammed because it is super fucking cheap compared to a normal grenade

Edited by Smecklingdorf
  • Like 2

Orbit: Something I've been wanting to be added for a while. I think it should heal 1 person at a time with the same rate as the rejuvenator, however with a short cooldown between people sort of like the transponder.

Funky Bomb: 2 Stocks seems a little low, maybe 3 or 4.

Scrapper: I think a scrap system would be cool where certain items would give you materials such as metal or wood. These resources are saved between games and you can craft a weapon with the material that you save up.

Zeus: Would be a neat T4 weapon with much less damage and increase in the number of zombies that can get zapped at once.

Howler: I think having it immune only to zeus would make it a useless boss. Maybe do something akin to the tickle monsters and nightmares where it has more health and does more damage. Maybe more resistance to all energy weapons such as the tau cannon, ray gun, gluon?

Shield Rock: Sounds good to me.

Stun Grenade: Maybe do something like the zeus? Zombies within 5 feet of the blast take 100 damage while being blinded, deafened, and take 100 damage. The closest zombie within 10 feet of the first zombie are hit with an arc of electricity that causes 75 damage and vision and movement impairment. The closest zombie within 10 feet of the second zombie take 50 damage and slowed down less than the second, etc.

• Like 1

@Capo

Since everyone else is using this format, I might aswell use it too.

The ORBIT is a deployable which sounds good in concept but is much harder to execute ingame, regarding implementation and balance. From what you've given, it sounds like a 'Rejuvenator' which can be placed down in order to heal 4 people to full health at once, but not much else is explained. Is it just a deployable which can do whats said whenever placed down, does it require ammo? Is its cost justified for its effects? And how would it chose players to heal if theres more than 4 in one space? The ORBIT sounds unecessary and impractical when compared to what humans already have regarding healing one another.

The Funky Bomb is a grenade which really sounds overpowered and I can imagine it destroying bosses with no effort. The damage it deals can be outdone by any good number of human defenses and the only positive thing about it is its explosion at the end. The overall damage would need to be decreased and the stock increased to make it more viable as a weapon. Also, the whole song idea sounds really annoying, I would settle for a molotov or gas grenade instead of this idea.

The Scraper sounds like a really good idea, but shouldn't be purchasable. Scrapping could be an entirely new mechanic which acts as an alternative to selling weapons, instead getting the ammo from them. This sounds like a really good idea, but could run into balancing and implementation issues. The amount of ammo you get isnt specified and the amount you receive may not be justified regarding the weapon you just scrapped. It will take a while to actually implement the system whilst adding a set value of ammo to give for every gun. I would be happy to see this ingame, but maybe make the amount of ammo you get the same depending on the weapon type (IE 300 Assault Rifle Ammo or 20 Sniper Rounds).

The Zeus is a gun which sounds very gimmicky and overpowered for its tier and can easily be an imitation of a pre-exsisting Tier 6 weapon. Instead of just saying it be a 'Rifle' I would recommend calling it as a 'Sniper Rifle', since it's a one bullet weapon, but it can still use fusion cells. Regardless, this weapon isn't entirely needed anyway, all zombies (Excluding most bosses) are slowed down when shot in the legs or lower body. Having a weapon specifically designed to slow down a zombie sounds unecessary, but I do like the idea of having a weapon which does damage over time in 1 shot. So the Zeus is a good base concept for a weapon which deals damage overtime in 1 shot, but not as you've recommended it. Maybe like a harpoon launcher, acting like the Meat Hook or the Devourer's Hook, instead latching on for a few seconds while dealing bleed damage.

The Reptile Howler also sounds very situational and gimmicky, assuming the Zeus did make it in. Having one boss to take care of one weapon is all very situational and the Howler is already a well balanced boss in my oppinion.

The Menace upgrade for zombies sounds good as a concept and can be built upon to make it more balanced. Maybe if once the human comes into contact with the affected prop, they will then be blinded instead of making an area of effect upgrade.

The Sheild Rock also sounds good as a concept, having a different shaped force-field for humans is something I've wanted to see for a while now and I think it could be interesting in practice. Instead of catering it to six people only, I would simply make it a force-field with a spherical shape, sheilding humans from projectiles once they enter it. And the Electropus has already been stated to disable sheilds for a while, so that little bit of info is unecessary.

And the Stun Grenade sounds like another good addition for what you've said. I can imagine it being useful against bosses who are immune to being slowed down by gunfire.

@Capo

Great suggestions list! Couple of things:

ORBIT

Does this deployable device use ammo, such as Medical Kit ammo because it heals other players, or does it have infinite ammo? Can this thing overheat, or can it just continuously-heal at any time? If the answer to both questions center on infinite and continuous healing, then this thing's way too OP and unfair for the Zombie team because there would be no way to kill players behind their barricades without inflicting a lot of burst damage in a short time interval.

Part of Zombie team strategy centers on being able to kill players behind barricades, and this device would render that nearly-impossible if people are constantly being healed with no overheat or ammo limitation.

Funky Bomb

I'm assuming this is like the Grenade, and if it is, I'm not sure it would be accurate for its damage-over-time ability. The explosion will work because it's a one-time deal, and even being on the edge of a grenade's explosion radius can still inflict a lot of damage, but if it deals damage-over-time in a certain range to nearby Zombies, the Funky Bomb should be treated like a sticky grenade, or Semtex.

What I mean by that is making it where, when thrown, the Funky Bomb sticks to where it first lands, that way the AoE damage-over-time effect would be much more effective. This is because the Funky Bomb would be treated as an active land-mine that inflicts small amounts of damage over a few seconds, then explodes, inflicting a lot of damage. It would be like the Bouncing Betty from Call of Duty Zombies, but having an extra form of damage for the Human team, and being thrown like a grenade.

Scrapper

I'm not so sure how this thing is useful for getting ammo if players can simply buy ammo that's infinite in the Arsenal Crate.

If you wanted to revise this, you could create an overhaul of the weapons system, where players can "modify" their weapons with components that increase specific stats, such as damage, reload speed, or rate of fire, but the components are only retrievable via the Scrapper. Essentially, players would "scrap" weapons to receive parts that they can "mount" onto their weapons to otherwise-boost their potential.

Zeus

So, I'm assuming this thing is like a one-shot railgun; it's the AWP from Counter-Strike, but it's a railgun instead of a sniper rifle. The slow is definitely something great looking forward with this weapon, but I'm not agreeing with the stun. Zombie players already have enough to deal with running up to barricades and attacking them; making it where they can be stunned by this weapon would otherwise be annoying and unfair for them given that

any 3 zombies within the proximity of the electrocuted zombie will also be stunned

This means that if one bullet hit 5 zombies, then that means 15 zombies within stun-range will be crowd-controlled and disabled. Crowd-control effects in any videogame are usually the strongest effects of all available effects, thus they must be handled carefully when considering a CC effect that disables a player from any action or movement. On top of that, the fact this is a gun means that there's little to no limit on how much ammo can be purchased, and because the stun effect is proc'd per bullet, this could be broken on many levels.

I would say keep the slow, but remove the stun, and as long as the player needs to reload in-between shots, this weapon's good to go.

Reptile Howler

From a design standpoint, I feel that the Zeus immunity from its howl was forced onto this boss to make it relevant and avoid it becoming obsolete. The only thing I can say that's great about this boss is it's impairing-effect induced by its howl, but is this effect proc'd when the player is in-range of the howl and facing the Reptile Howler at the same time, or will they be impaired no matter what as long as they're in range of the howl?

If you wanted to replace the Zeus immunity effect with the howl, you could make it where Zombies in-range of the howl rapidly-regenerate health over time for a few seconds. Fast health regeneration is difficult for players to deal with in any videogame because the enemy that possesses this ability is essentially impossible to kill, but in the case of ZS, this might be fun to go up against if human players can't kill Zombies instantly like they usually could. Also, an ability like this is akin to reptiles being capable of regenerating wounds quite fast with a steady food supply and enriched environment.

Menace

I'm a bit iffy about this one. While having the darkened-screen effect impairs a human player's ability to shoot, this effect is better-proc'd by the Doom Crab, who can proc it onto multiple people in a given range while also dealing damage at the same time. Having this is basically redundantly-performing the Doom Crab's job.

If you wanted to revise Menace, you can make it where Zombies with this trait can "curse" any prop they hit for a short-time. "Cursed" props that humans attempt to repair will be inflicted 2-3 points of damage as health, per hammer hit on the "cursed" prop, sort-of acting like a mirror-effect, but in the Zombies' favor. Something like that would be cool.

Shield Rock

Okay, given that this was inspired from the Droideka Drones from Star Wars, I'm already liking this idea. However, what I'm unsure about is the occupancy limit because there could be cases in which people could walk into this at the same time, so that would mean it would hold more people than the 6 maximum. How exactly would this deployable "know" if 6 people are inside it or not? Worst of all, I feel like this can be trolled with by having players occupy space for no good reason, and while someone's dying outside, they can't be shielded, so they'll become easy prey for the Zombies.

Another thing I'm unsure about is how OP this could be. If players can shoot outside of this thing, then we're basically giving the human team and OP deployable that not only blocks all forms of damage, but they can shoot out of it without the worry of dying until the shield dissipates, in which they become vulnerable. Can players shoot outside of Shield Rock, or can they not attack at all while inside it?

If anything, remove the player occupancy limit because there's no realistic-way to measure it that it mechanically makes sense as an in-game feature.

Electro Puss Update

Nothing wrong with this. It makes sense for what it can do to Shield Rock.

Stun Grenade

As I stated above with Zeus, any CC effect that can stun or disable a player is ultimately-stronger than any other available effect in-game. Unlike the Zeus, however, this is okay for the Stun Grenade because human players can't have an unlimited stockpile of Stun Grenades, compared to an unlimited stockpile of ammunition, and they have to time the throw just right to make sure they maximize how many Zombies are affected by the explosion.

If I were to change something, it would be the cost and the blinding effect.

The reason for the cost is because 25 points makes this thing appealing for "grenade-spammers" to buy all the Stun Grenades, only to spam them when they choose to. However, most of the time, this behavior is induced by a desire to profit, so if one can't profit off of these grenades, then this is not so much of a problem. However, having a price this low per Stun Grenade still opens it up to buying all of them from the Arsenal Crate, then spamming them at some arbitrary time.

The reason for the blinding effect is because I feel like this would just be annoying to deal with if one person happens to buy all Stun Grenades, then repeatedly-throw them outside of a barricade, in which the blind would be consistently-applied. Keeping the stun effect alone is fine for this type of grenade; having the blind would only make players hate being Zombie even more.

Again, these are all great suggestions!

• Like 1

I love how u talked about adding a new gun And Adding a counter to it O.O Most people here just spout onesided things.

The scrapper is also good, i have seen a thing like that on fearsome server. 

But remember these things need to be coded and we cant keep adding things onto the server or the whole thing will just fall in on itself. Like a Jenga tower.

• Like 1

But remember these things need to be coded and we cant keep adding things onto the server or the whole thing will just fall in on itself. Like a Jenga tower.

If we actually took incentive to invest in upgrading one of our CPU server cores designated to Garry's Mod, since it's single-threaded, we wouldn't have to deal with this issue. Unfortunately, like with Forrest, I'm still frustrated that we somehow can't accomplish this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...