Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

ZS balance

Lady Luck

So a problem i noticed today on the servers zombie side is:

Bullsquid:

A massive version of the poisen headcrab, whilst also being less effective. 

My recommendation : move to wave 2, or increase the amount of projectiles.

Spitter Zombie:

This zombie went 2 steps forward, then 3 steps backwards and fell down 4 flights of stairs.

My recommendation: Add the Aoe back, make base dmg to human 7-8, cade dmg 6-7, reduce range massively.

Boss selection: Random boss

Used to be this cool feature with wich one could get a boss that is not unlocked yet. Now its just....

My recommendation:  Remove the button and feature, No one is gonna even look at it. Waste of space in boss menu.

Supply A-B Regenerative Ability: 

Supply regens health at an insane pase, and if it is a room away, zombies can farm it for points, step away, wait 10 secs for it to reach full hp, farm again

My recommendation: Remove the Regenerative feature, If its outside the cade, Its outside the cade.

Edited by Lady Luck
  • Like 1

@Lady Luck

The Bullsquid is one of the most well balanced classes, despite it being relatively unchanged since its release. While it may seem under-powered, it out-competes most classes prior to its unlock on Wave 4. It has a higher movement speed than the humans, even with their fastest item held out. The primary attack deals low damage, but can be used in quick succession to achieve high amounts of damage on humans or barricades. Same goes for the secondary attack as it comes out just as quick, however, it isn't too effective against getting past barricades and hitting humans. This is where the Poison / Venom Headcrab should be used instead of the Bullsquid. Overall, its well balanced as is and buffing it would cause a 2nd wave of Spitter Zombies atleast. If anything, the Spitter Zombie should be removed and the Bullsquid should be put on wave 3, we have the Ghoul, Flesh Beast, Poison Headcrab, Poison Zombie and now the Bullsquid, along with their variations, we have more than enough spitting classes. Currently, the Bullsquid is broken in regards to the model as it not only has a visual bug, but is larger than its hitbox. So fixing / replacing the model will make the class look better aesthetically, but also regarding functionality as people will have a clearer view of what can and cant be shot at.

And I agree with you on the other 2 points, Random Selection was a little gamble to get a better boss, but is now redundant and the regen on the Supply Crates is way too high.

EDIT: The size of the Bullsquid has been changed to be more accurate with its hitbox I believe, as long as the model gets changed or fixed, the Bullsquid is perfect.

Edited by Guest

Couple of minor suggestions with this:

Bullsquid:

Okay, having the Bullsquid being larger than the Poison Headcrab isn't the issue because it makes sense for what kind of zombie the Bullsquid is supposed to be. I agree that it's much less effective than the Poison Headcrab because its poison ability is the same, but it's larger and slightly-less mobile in terms of jumping.

If anything, I would say slightly increase the jump height for the Bullsquid so it can at least bypass some map obstacles of small height. Moving it to Wave 2 doesn't sound like a bad idea, so I'll go with it. As for increasing its projectiles, this can go two ways. On one hand it makes it stronger because now it has a higher chance to hit human players from a distance. On another hand, having 5-6 Bullsquid players constantly spamming right-click to shoot these projectiles adds up, and these are small, so in some cases, it would be unfair in-terms of how overwhelming it would be to avoid these projectiles; even with a Forcefield up, they remain a hassle to deal with.

Something that I feel would better-distinguish the Bullsquid from the Poison Headcrab and even the Poison Zombie would be to make the Bullsquid deal Corrosive damage with its spit. This was an idea first-suggested by @Hugin&Munin (I think, if I remember correctly), we both talked about this, and we both agreed something like this would help set the Bullsquid apart from other zombies that can spit poison.

Corrosive damage would be like poison damage, but in addition to dealing low base damage, it would inflict damage-over-time. This damage is doubled on players that have body armor from Kevlar Vest or Neuro-Fiber Armor because it makes sense for armor to corrode away, whether it be plate metal or not, and as a mechanic, it's fair for the zombies trying to deal with players that have regenerative armor. Hitting any nailed prop with Bullsquid spit will inflict corrosive damage on those as well, so it affects both living and non-living targets, and as with living targets, it deals damage-over-time.

Spitter Zombie:

I rarely use this zombie variant of the Bloater, so I have no clue how these changes will go.

Boss selection: Random boss:

To be fair, some players took advantage of Random boss to access locked zombie bosses, notably the Chrono Butcher to assassinate players as early as Wave 2. I really don't see the point of this feature otherwise, so I would agree with removing it. It's a waste of space on the Boss Selection screen, and it isn't really "fun" to be selecting a random zombie boss because it has virtually little impact on gameplay.

Supply A-B Regenerative Ability:

Okay, when the hell were Supply Crates able to regenerate? I would agree with removing this feature entirely because for one, it's true that this feature would give zombie players the opportunity to farm points, and two, the Supply Crate becomes a regenerative prop from this feature. If a Supply Crate is low on health, the humans have to deal with it. It's their fault they can't protect it effectively, so they have to deal with the loss of a Supply Crate.

Seems like I can't quote anyone again, @Snowyamur yes it was me, I said it should be acid or corrosive, you said something about corrosive and then we agreed that it was how it should be to make it different. It was in-game so it's hard to remember what we said.

@Lady Luck Random Boss can be fixed by adding all bosses variants again, but this would be either Forrest or Marco, I'm unsure who modified this since I never bothered with it and so never asked.

About Spitter zombie, I can't give any feedback, never used it. I'm a "main main zombie player" I rarely select variants besides bosses (now I do, bullsquid and about to test venom) It's also very very rare for me to die as human, it happens when I'm stupid.

Supply regeneration is both cool but too op sometimes.. we can find another way of having barricade points farmable, maybe able to gain points as medic zombie if we don't do it already? Either way we have to balance it.. otherwse we will have waves of zombies/bosses getting super strong to then just end every human alive.

I think that "skills" has to be a part of this not just traits, everyone with traits can win a game. We also need to have a fun game tho, for both teams.

As well as I think the same as @Snowyamur because, he is correct on this one. Humans are the ones that have to deal with the Supply crate HP.

Yeah Random Boss losses it's value

I don't think if this was possible but if the random boss is reverted where it can choose even locked variants, i suggest that only 2 players have the possibility of getting the locked variants. Like when 2 players picked random boss, RNG will consider the locked variants and if the 3rd player chooses also random boss, then his/her RNG rejects the locked variants.

Yeah Random Boss losses it's value

I don't think if this was possible but if the random boss is reverted where it can choose even locked variants, i suggest that only 2 players have the possibility of getting the locked variants. Like when 2 players picked random boss, RNG will consider the locked variants and if the 3rd player chooses also random boss, then his/her RNG rejects the locked variants.

@Smecklingdorf

Or we just remove Random Boss as a feature entirely because it doesn't have a real impact on the gameplay and it's a waste of space.