Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Trait Idea : Critical Repair

KeanuV

So ive had this idea for a real long time but i never made a post about this, Aeux helped me improving this idea allot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trait Name : Critical Repair

Costs : 50-55 Worthpoints

Mechanic : Critical Repair is a trait that has a 2% chance of happening (increased depending of the level of your hammer +0.5% per Hammer upgrade), the chance increases the higher the waves are (per wave about +1-2%).There is a default chance of 2% of getting a Critical Repair hit that will increase your repair power 2x for 2 Seconds this mechanic functions as you hit the prop with critical repair, the prop itself will not reduce in repaired health, This functions as a Free Repair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by KeanuV

This is an interesting idea, and this will certainly help barricades survive a little bit longer if the Critical Repair effect procs, and during the effect's duration, repairs are doubled and don't consume the barricade's repair points.

However, I'm a bit iffy with the Worth cost for this trait because repair pure players try to invest Worth in only repair-oriented traits and equipment, and making this trait cost half the provided Worth pool of 100 would limit what other useful repair traits and equipment they can use. Plus, if they had a choice between Critical Repair and Prodigy or Buff, it's very likely for players that load a pure-repair loadout to likely choose Prodigy or Buff over Critical Repair due to their low Worth cost and overall better effectiveness in long-term situations.

The prices that are set up there are just a idea of what i thought could be a good price since its a pretty good extra that you will get for 2 seconds and there are still returns also you can kinda upgrade the trait by upgrading the hammer so if you have a high level hammer the trait can be pretty good for the price but like i said the prices are just a example

Edited by KeanuV

• 3 weeks later...

What if instead of RNG it happens at a fixed amount of swings? like each 20 consecutive swings on a single prop (nonstop) maybe with 3 seconds between each swing maximum.

and maybe instead of free repair what about recovering the props overall repairable health by a little bit ? Giving it extra survavability, maybe not even a percentage, a fixed amount like 20 or something close to it

i dont know hammer attack speed but if we suppose each hit takes 2 seconds then it is 20 hp each 40 seconds .. could increase it since it looks a low amount to concentrate on a single prop, maybe 40 hp would do the trick :p

editing again... damn thinking about it know, it could give extra repaif depending on how much repair you done .. like each 300 repaired damage x amount of extra repair ? Or buff whatever :p

Edited by Kritzinho
improving idea