Quantcast

Welcome to HeLLsGamers

We’re happy to have you on our forums. To become a part of our community, please register for an account. By doing so, you’ll gain access to:

• Start and reply to forum topics
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Customize your own profile page to your liking
  • Manage a friends list
  • Send private messages to other members

Login  - OR - Create Account

Fume Knight

Appeal Perma-Gags and Perma-Mutes on ZS

Posted (edited)

Steam Account Name: [HG] Andrew Wilson

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58121810

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): Right before the perma-mute, I had made a joke along the lines of "I have a large penis, I'm allowed to say bad words" and that is the last thing I remember saying before the punishment had taken effect. However, for a very long time, I have been unanimously disliked, and I am not sure if it is all serious or if they are joking, but I made sure to stay within the bounds of the rules. I had been told by a staff that the anonymous staff did it because of "lewd behavior" despite everyone else, staff included, using the same language and telling the same jokes.

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: I should be unmuted because I did not mean my comment in any aggressive or racially offensive context. Everyone in the chat was making a penis-size joke and I made one myself because I am socially inept and have a bad idea about what is funny. I say what I feel like would contribute to my currently developed persona on the server and want to make people's day rather than make them feel worthless. I feel bad that I offended people enough to be permamuted and have the publically-visible punishment be cheered on by all the players on the server, and want to once again be a part of the community. Additionally, I would like to speak with the individual who muted me, as they had gone into console to do it, in order to understand what it was that made them eventually make that decision.

Edit: I made a new post explaining my recent behavior. I wrote this appeal before understanding my mute. Before considering my appeal, please see my more recent post on the forums.

Edited by Andrew Wilson
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Steam Account Name: Ducky

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:118105481

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): i was pgag for playing music even though i was playing music in front of timothy on zs_vector plus no was complaining about it 

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: it saw such an unfair gag from staff since i been playing music in front without any warning towards me it shows that staffs can be hypocrites towards people "mic spamming" even though people can get away by saying the n word with a normal gag/mute 

Edited by MvpDucky

2 hours ago, MvpDucky said:

Steam Account Name: Ducky

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:118105481

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): i was pgag for playing music even though i was playing music in front of timothy on zs_vector plus no was complaining about it 

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: it saw such an unfair gag from staff since i been playing music in front without any warning towards me it shows that staffs can be hypocrites towards people "mic spamming" even though people can get away by saying the n word with a normal gag/mute 

The moment you click 'Continue' on the MOTD that appears every time you connect to the server, you are agreeing to follow the rules, one of them being "No useless spamming of the mic, text, or radio. That means no songs/soundbytes, especially if fellow players are complaining"  

You've been permanently banned some time ago, I gave you the chance to come back so please do not make me regret it. Wait for the staff member that muted you to reply.

Posted (edited)

Steam Account Name: MegalonWillEatYourFamily

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:175140209

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): Supposedly Mic spam i think

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: First off Hi and thank you for reading my message, I am deeply sorry for mic spamming. I dont look at the text chat to often so its my fault if i didnt see any warnings. This is my first time getting perma Gagged. If the future allows i will use my mic less and try not to annoy other with my frequent talking / spaming my mic. I really enjoy this community and hope to keep enjoying it in the future. Thank you so much for all the fun times on the server i had and i hope i will learn from my horrible mistakes to make my self a better player in this community. I hope this message finds you well, Thank you.                        

P.S. May i also know exactly why i was perma gagged i know it was mic spamming but what was i spamming so i can hopfully change it if the future allows thank you.

Edited by BiolanteWillEatYourFamily

Name: Laces115

ID: STEAM_0:1:41899197

Reason of Perma: I'll be honest. I was a complete dickhead last year, I got heated very often and lashed out. Would argue with people, make insults, say really depressing things, shit like that. The specific event was when I got drunk one night and got into a fight with McLovin, a really bad fight. I won't give any excuses as to why I acted this way.

Reason for asking for appeal: I had taken some months off from the game and started working on myself. I've been going to therapy, and I got a change in medication, and have been putting much more effort into doing productive things like schoolwork and actually making friends. I won't try and say that this makes up for how I've been, but I will say that I've put a genuine effort into doing better with my interactions with others. I apologized to McLovin a few weeks back, although I didn't want to immediately file for an un-perma from that. I didn't want to make it seem like I've only done so to lose my punishment.

I think I'm ready to try again, but if it's decided I need more time, that's ok. I just wanted to reach out and say that I am prepared.

Posted (edited)

Steam Account Name:  Cal

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:64933511

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): Can't remember. It was ages ago. Actually it might have been because I was trying to work out how to get around the profanity filter. Either way, I'm not gonna do it again.

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: I wanna be able to communicate... I don't recall exactly what I did to get muted, but I won't be doing it again. Not being able to talk for months isn't fun. I'm playing each night now and I wanna be able to talk to people. At the time I was being a shit because I was in a dark place and I've lately been working to better myself. Pls let me once again be able to trick the human team by saying 'chrono in the back' in round 1.

Edited by Cal
Edit details

Posted (edited)
On 1/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, Fume Knight said:

Steam Account Name: 12gears

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:116816949

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): I would scream whenever I died and I didn't stop when I was asked so I got p-gagged

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: After not being able to type and talk, I've learned that I should value the privilege of voice chat and I wont yell again. 

Edited by Bobby Shmurda
  • Like 1

Steam Account Name: realobamagaming

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:28697409

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): I don’t remember it’s been so long. I took like a 4 month break so.

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted:

I think I’m gagged and muted idk. Uh I think I should be unmuted/gagged because it’s been a while since I’ve played and I also played a long time when I was gagged and muted so. It’s been a really long time since I’ve communicated with the outside world. So I just want a new start.

Steam Account Name: 

Arktik

SteamID: 

STEAM_0:1:50686263

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember):

I said the "gamer word"

(perma-gag)

Dear moderation team,

I apologize for using the one bannable' word our server has, clearly I do anything for the lulz late at night. That said I will refrain from future use as it's a simple rule to follow. I've been playing this server on/off for about 5 years and have finally been very active the last couple months, and as we all know a mic can be very useful to aiding your team and promoting cohesion. I would like the chance to have my mic privileges restored and a second chance given so I can continue to enjoy our favorite ZS server to it's full extent.

Thank you for your time,

Arktik

Steam Account Name: UnjoGratisTheForbiddenMonkeyGod

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85985049

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): I was told that someone who was in the game heard me micspam (which I did not).

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: There are many reasons as to why I deserve an un-permagag, with the first one being that I was given no prior warning for the alleged micspam (which I did not commit) relating to this event which caused me to be permagagged. Additionally, I never micspammed to begin with. I have multiple witnesses who were there that are able to testify in my defense (Dinnre and OnePunchDestroy just to name a few). This was coincidentally one of my quietest days ever in my history of HG, as this was the day that the mic quality update rolled out, effectively eliminating the novelty of micspam on the server. I can name a few times that I was in conversation with people who were micspamming around the time that I allegedly micspammed, so this getting caught up with the shenanigans with other people is likely what caused this misunderstanding. Another possibility that may have led to this misunderstanding is that the increase in mic quality may have consequently increased the volume of microphones, as people no longer sound like they are underwater, their voices are clearer and louder. My casual conversation could have been vastly amplified by the increase in microphone quality, and I would not have even known it since I was given no prior warning. This is all especially shocking considering that mere days before this I had conversed with CMDR and Pho for nearly an hour for the sole purpose of trying to solve the big micspam problem of the time. I am one of the last people to be accused of insubordinate micspam after all I did with CMDR and Pho to solve the very problem that I have been accused of causing. Not just considering these recent events, my history on HG as a whole has shown that I use my voice to help and lead people, not misguide and harm them. People see me as a leader of teams and a helper of new and inexperienced players. I am not a player who dedicates their hours to using their microphone in malevolence and leading the innocent to their death, I am a player who spends their time using their voice to lead people away from chaos. Micspam is the furthest thing from this impression that I have left on the community from my years of dedicated playing and helping. Regardless of what caused this misunderstanding, it simply does not add up from whatever angle you look at it from. I play one of my quietest days on HG possibly ever, and add no more to the voice chat than casual conversation from now and then and get permagagged for something that I have witness testimony to prove that I did not do. Every level of the community ladder can stand in my defense, from the casual community, to the dedicated, long-time players, to those who were previously staff on the server multiple times, to even those who are current division staff and developers such as Pho and CMDR, who are highly respected and dedicated players who have been here for a very, very long time. I have given this entire situation the benefit of the doubt in every way I possibly could, yet it can't substantiate it's own case. From my own proven dedication to helping the community to the sheer absurdity of factors in this situation, this permagag can not be looked at as anything other than a wild misunderstanding that has no foundation to hold it's own weight up. No matter what angle you look at this from it has so many holes through every side that even a blind man could see them, and this is quite frankly the most ridiculous debacle of circumstance that I have ever had to deal with in all of my history of playing this server. Thank you for your time.

• Confused 1

Dont cause anymore issues. As you said in your statement you spoke with Pho and Jareth about the mic spamming issue. This includes high pitch voicing, screaming for events, playing music, and the list goes on. Please follow rules. @Unjo Message mod+ to unpgag

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Steam Account Name: Festive 6000 Foot Tall Celestia

SteamID:  1:64262055

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): Don't remember because I couldn't check the log, but I think complaining about regulars on this server?

I have been in a very bad mood ever since ZE was removed and voice my complaint for admins removing ZE. And I also complained about regulars here always stomping on outsiders by zmaining together or tier 6 cading via teamspeak, because I feel like outsider even after 7+ year of playing here. I do apologize if I hurt anyone's feeling by calling them name, I'll try to not complain anymore. I did make some friends here over the years and like talking to them. Thanks.

Edited by 5000 foot tall Celestia
didn't read rule for posting

Steam Account Name: ghosty

SteamID:  STEAM_1:1:79145200

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): Someone was talking how about how the grave digger does not have a good name and I said, "yeah like does he dig around in the mud?" and I was pgagged.

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: I did not really do anything wrong. I will not talk about the grave digger in the future.

Please can I get un pgagged. I will be more cautious with jokes that can be taken the wrong way. I did not mean to offend anyone.

Steam Account Name: Kapu

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:73473519

Why you were punished in this way (If you remember): As far as I recall, I said "say mclovin is a furry" when someone in voice chat was wondering what made mclovin bad, in response to someone else saying to do so. McLovin logged on, pmuted/gagged some people, didn't others, and read the chat logs and pmuted me for something I said out of context. 

Reason why you feel as you should be unperma-gagged/unperma-muted: Granted, I shouldn't have told the guy, i'll admit that, but I always thought the "people call mclovin a furry and he gets mad" thing was a joke. I didn't think he genuinely cared, and I apologize for that. He told me to appeal in a month, and here I am, I believe 3 months later.

Yes, Talbot agreed to lift my punishment from being perma muted/gag but im having trouble getting one of the mods online on the ZS server to lift the ban, being muted and all. I asked one of the guys on there, the server manager, and he told me to go here to have it lifted.