Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggestions | Part 4 (Zombie Bosses & Classes)

Aquarius145

Zombie Name: Chillsquid

Health: 264

Speed: Same as Bullsquid

Abilities: Spits out frozen balls which slows down humans

Weakness: Bullets, explosions, lasers or anything used by humans

Description: A blue-like bullsquid that spits out frozen balls.

In-game Description: A chill variant of the Bullsquid, it can spit a chilling frozen ball to slow down humans.

Boss Name: Gore Demon

Health: 2750

Speed: Same as Poison Zombie

Abilities: Making a bait gun to lure humans.

Description: A poison zombie whose skin has the same material as the Flesh Beast, the Gore Demon can create only 1 bait gun. This boss is great for luring humans after a wave.

First-Person View: Same as Poison Zombie

Boss Name: Headtaker

Max Health: 2990

Health: 2000

Many Humans to Kill until Max HP: 9 Humans

Abilities: Killing each human will make the Headtaker more powerful and faster.

Weapon: "Executioner" Axe

Description: A reddish Zombine who kills each human can get faster and durable.

• Like 3

Chillsquid? Neat, No comment it's good on it's own.

Gore Demon, overall this won't cut it as no one's gonna get out of the cade to get the bait gun due to the fact that in one weeks time alot of people is now weary about guns lying around. add more useful stats to it

Headtaker, Good Late-end zombie probably Wave 6 or a possible mini-boss, or even a boss, since if it designed to superbly kill humans i suggest a very slow rate of fire and a base damage of ~40 so the zombie difficulty is a crucial factor. Yet the main idea of this boss might not appease the staff tho

Interesting ideas here. Few thoughts:

Chillsquid

If the Chillsquid doesn't have special defenses like the Shade, there's no reason to include the fact that it has one. As for what it can do, it's an interesting take on the Bullsquid, but I can see how this can be slightly-overpowered. If the original Bullsquid can shoot out 3 poison orbs, all of which deal minor damage, but poison any human player hit, imagine a freezing effect constantly being applied to human players at almost-endless intervals given that 4-6 Chillsquids can spam right-click to shoot frozen orbs, all of which freeze players struck by them.

The reason why both the Chilled Immolator and Frost Revenant have a freezing attack that affects only one player at a time is because of the Frost Shade, who can freeze multiple people; that's what makes it unique for a zombie that can freeze players, plus its higher health and ability to raise frost shields to block projectiles. If the Chillsquid can shoot multiple frozen orbs, then it's practically taking over a minor, yet important role of the Frost Shade, and the Chillsquid isn't a boss zombie, so there has to be more specifics pertaining to this. Otherwise, it's overall a better choice over the Frost Shade in-terms of freezing and slowing down humans.

I'm assuming this is a variant of the Bullsquid, thus I'm curious to know what wave the Chillsquid unlocks on.

Gore Demon

Okay, I'm not sure about this one. Gore Demon is supposed to be a boss zombie, at least, that's what I'm assuming it is based on how much health it has. For what it can do, I'm not sure where "luring" the humans comes into play because if humans get overwhelmed, they're going to phase into their barricades and fall back prematurely like they usually do. If the Gore Demon is supposed to bait people into pushing out, fine, but some human players that like to troll newbies will usually do that anyway, and once the humans have been overwhelmed, they won't go outside. Basically, if we ever had this boss integrated into ZS, no one's going to use it for how useless it is.

To be honest, I'm not very supportive of this zombie boss concept because it just doesn't feel right when reflecting on the gameplay in Zombie Survival and how human players usually act on our server from time to time. Additionally, there's very little detail for this being a concept, and that's mainly part of why I'm very unsure about this one.

Headtaker

Okay, so the concept for the Headtaker in-terms of mechanics is akin towards the Demoman with an Eyelander from Team Fortress 2, so I'm intrigued by this one. In-fact, hence the name, I feel like this zombie boss is copied off from the Demoman with an Eyelander because the Demoman gains more power and speed as he decapitates people with his Eyelander; well, that's sort-of lame. Still an interesting concept for ZS, though.

This sounds like how the Devour All Hope zombie trait works, but instead of continuously dying that makes you stronger, it's continuously killing. It's a unique take on how destroying your enemies only makes it easier for you to destroy more of them, but again, this sounds like it was taken from Team Fortress 2.

Aside from that, I'm not a fan of this boss, not because of its name or where it was "inspired" from, but because of future gameplay implications with it. Humans are usually going to be holding off or fighting from within their barricades, and the only time I could find this zombie boss useful is if there were human players running outside a barricade who were dumb enough to get caught, and even then, that's an uncommonly-rare sight. Because of this, we would just be adding another boss to a design dump if this got integrated into the game.

With how much health the Headtaker has, coupled with the fact that there's little to no information or hint on how much damage it can inflict, I'm a no-go on this one. If it needs to kill humans to get stronger, it's going to be during one of those rare situations where everyone decides to run outside a barricade, only to perish in the process, and even that is a rare sight to see.