Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

suggestions

MN ZS FAN

Things I would change about the zombie survival server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add more boss variations, especially to bone mesh, nerf, devourer, etc I would also add new bosses such as a wraith type boss that turns invisible

Nerfmare ( nerf ), Bonemare ( bonemesh ), destructor ( devourer ), etc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nerfmare + 20 speed, does 17 damage, does the same speed of attack,  of  has 1800 health, knocks down for an extra 2 seconds

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonemare, does the same speed of attack as normal bone mesh, does an extra 40% damage, blinds humans like doom crab, has 3000 hp, has 20% less speed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destructor has 2900 health, 40 damage, has the same speed and attack speed of normal devourer. has bleed for 5 seconds, 2 damage every 0.5 seconds, its projectile hook attack blinds the human for 5 seconds, bleeds for 5 seconds 2 damage every 0.5 seconds, the hook also slows down humans 40% for 3 seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also add a fire variant to burster zombie, as there is already a nitro ( ice ) version, the fire burster variant would be unlocked on wave 6

The fire variant would have the same speed as a normal burster, 10 more hp, sets things on fire, does the same damage as the burster

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would add a zombine variant unlocked on wave 6, it would be called elite zombine, it would not have a grenade. and extra 20 damage, 1 hit kills any human below 90% of there max health even if they have more health than the elite zombines damage, it would have an extra 50 health. In return, because nobody would play normal zombine, I would buff zombines running speed, and grenade of zombie

I would add a nitro crab for wave 5, basically, a fire crab but ice, same stats etc, would freeze players for 3-seconds, freeze cades for 2-3 seconds

I would nerf bullsquid, maybe less poison damage, faster attack, no blinding, or less blinding time

I would add Houndeye also from hl1 as bullsquid is there too. make it have an AOE attack that looks like the Howlers secondary, less cooldown. slows humans maybe do a bit of damage in its AOE radius disables shields, slows down the human's attack speed, disables deployable, 

houndeye would have the same speed as bullsquid, its emp attack would have a 1.5-second cooldown,  and a 1-second charge before an attack, the houndeye would  have  20 health less than bullsquid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have a feature for voting if you want to replay the map,

make it so you can buy a boss for barricade points ( 10000 barricade points ) and a redeem for 12000 barricade points

I would have an event like party popper called "Hard mode" it adds an extra 50% to all stats of all zombies, and T6 unlocked on wave 6, and add an extra wave, wave 7, ON wave 7 all zombies would become boss zombies

I would also fix the voting system as it is really broken In my opinion, as even if nobody votes no, the vote won't go through as it expects everybody on the server to say yes, but that is broken because if the friend of the person being zlisted, banned, kicked, gagged, muted, ETC says no it makes the vote say no even if there are 30 people say yes and 1 person says no.

Maps I would add

ze_pidaras

obj_devourer

obj_mine

I would also have an option to have old weapon models / deployable models

I would add wardrobe back in some kind of way, one way I thought is that you could request a player model for 5k points

I would add a return for 30 points that doesn't allow you to pick up weapons/ammo/deployable

I would add bandages in the worth menu, They stop bleeding and heal 15 health, they would cost 15 points and you could buy up to 4

I would also add a feature where when you would "Die" you instead would be knocked over and would have 15 seconds to get healed or die, The last zombie to hit you would get the kill, if you fall you wouldnt be able to get "revived" when you get revived you would have 20 health

I would remove the feature or bug? that when you chose an obj map and there is ze map in the selection ze map wouldn't be locked for another 8 maps ._.

I would make it so one stray bullet wouldn't slow you down all the way on ze, make it so you have to take a certain amount of damage to slow down, 200 damage maybe?

I would add 2 materias, parkour elite and god mode, Parkour elite

Parkour elite: 100% faster speed  150 % higher jump

God mode elite:  makes you have God mode for 10-20 seconds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some weapon ideas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rail impaler, Basically a t6 crossbow

Impales any amount of zombies, does 400 damage, then every 6 zombies it goes down 100 damage,

reload time 3 seconds, ammo per clip: 3, Cost 600 points, ammo costs 50 points for 1 shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volcanic shotgun, basically a t6 super shotgun

load 10 rounds a clip shoots 1 round every 0.5 seconds each shot does  75 damage, reload time is 5 seconds, each shot has the knockback of 2 boomstick shots, each shot lights the zombie on fire for 1 second, it uses special ammo, shot cost 50 points, the cost of the weapon would be 650.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also love to see some of the old zs weapons come back, Like the minigun, chainsaw, energy sword, ETC. I would also move the fubar back to t5 because it isn't really that good as a t6, its price would be 350 points,  I would buff gluon back to its old  stats as now it's trash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I would love to see a t6 pistol,

It would do 250 damage a shot, shoots every 0.75 seconds, it would cost 550 points, 3 shots a clip, and it would take 4 seconds to reload.

Shock rifle

Shoots a burst of energy that travels through the zombies near the original zombie shot, it affects the zombies by making them not able to move and lighting them on fire for 4 seconds And stopping them for 3 seconds, it does 250 damage to the original zombie, and 200 damage to the other zombies effected, It shoots only once before needing to be reloaded. it takes 6 seconds to reload. takes pulse ammo, Takes 100 pulse ammo a shot, it costs 600 points and is t6                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see some new explosives, like a grenade that freezes zombies, and a grenade that sets all zombies in the area on fire and a t5 rocket launcher in the Other tab for 1000 points that kills every zombie in the map. the name is davy crocket, only 1 is available, has one shot, And that's it, That was all I would love to see in the server, I hope some of this gets into the server

@Unusual Memes

You have alot of very 'out there' ideas, but I dig alot of them. I'll try and go in order.

I would love to see every zombie have atleast 1 varient which plays a role that neither the base zombie or any other zombie has. So I woudn't hesistate to ask about getting varients for regular classes / bosses, but if they already have a varient, why bother? For example, asking for a varient for the Bonemesh, Nerf, Devourer, Howler, Flesh Beast and Bullsquid is fine by me, but asking for another Headcrab varient is excessive, especially since it already has 2 varients. Instead I would repurpose your idea of the Nitro Crab for the Fast Headcrab as it only has 1 varient. And having a Zombine varient is uneeded as the it unlocks on wave 6, if a varient were to be added, it would out do the Zombine, making it obsolete.

The Bullsquid is fine as it is, it deals low damage while also taking alot, but attacks and moves fast as a trade-off. No nerfs or buffs needed, however, a varient is needed and I absoloutely love your idea for the Houndeye. The Houndeye could unlock on wave 5 and use a 'Sonic Boom' attack which covers a short distance (Despite its range in official or unofficial games), as to prevent it from going through walls and hitting players. The only issuse I find with it is that it might be bigger than the current Bullsquid (As it was resized for collision purposes) and its only attack as depicted in Half-Life might be a bit tedious to perform and utilise effectively.

Another good idea is buying bosses with Barricade Points, this not only gives players who despise being a zombie more determination to play, but also adds a new section of potential bosses. I'm not sure what to call them, maybe Special Bosses, Secret Bosses or Demi-Bosses? Regardless, the cost to get one of these bosses should be high and the stock low (Around 2 of the same boss costing 15000 BP or so), as not to flood the server with tons of presumably OP Bosses. The reason for such is that most players have a median amount of barricade points, meaning that if they all have enough for a boss, the majority of them can all get bosses at once, making killing them tedious while also increasing the risk of "Bullshit" to occur.

The vote minimum should be lowered to 60%, I've seen it up to 75% with the vote being unsuccessful. 'ze_pidaras' is a long running joke, so it's probably not a real map and I'm not sure about the other 2 if they're real or not. If the option to toggle deployable models was added, it could easily make gameplay more confusing as the hitbox for each old and new model is different (Primarily the Arsenal Crate), toggling this could make the actual hitbox more tedious to navigate around. And for me personally, adding wardrobe crosses the line from HG to Sunrust, I like seeing mostly Half-Life themed models used everywhere and having some 'anime cum-bucket' or a dragon running around is too distracting from gameplay. Either remove it from ZS or make the price real money and a seperate purchase, albeit at a high price if people really want it. I feel like having a T6 'Crossbow' and 'Shotgun' is the only 2 needed Tier 6 weapons, pistols are intentionally weak and making a T6 one feels out of place.

I'll probably focus on establishing the Houndeye idea more while thinking of a Flesh Beast varient, apart from that, nice ideas!

thanks a lot for your quick response, I do in fact love that you like the houndeye idea, and I really would love to see the houndeye in ZS, it is one of the cutest enemies!

another thing on the "BP BOSSES" I think you should have a random chance to get some cool custom bosses

here are some ideas for the "BP BOSSES"

"terror" a wraith that has gone through hell and back, a glass cannon.

hp 1000 attack: 80, does not damage jug, or players with blood armor, cant attack cades, cant kill dark night, crusader, etc

primary "claws"

secondary "death howl" blinds players like doom crab 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bunker buster" a giant super zombie

damage 100,  slow attack speed 5000 hp

slow speed.

Primary "Claws"

secondary  "super leap" On the landing of the super leap, create AOE attack like doom crabs jump.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Parasite" your worst nightmare

an invisible boss that has 1000 hp at the start

Latches onto players who happen to be outside the cade, during this time you slowly bleed the player out more as they get lower health, you become more and more visible, but you get more health, if you happen to kill the player, you can leap onto another player, but you become twice as visible.

Primary "latch"

secondary "bleed out"

All of these suggestions are valuable, especially the worth traits and zombie suggestions. The majority of what Genuline has said, I also stand by. Imo the greatest suggestions are the ways of reworking the vote system and additional traits

T6 weapons are also very nice, but the issue with adding more guns into that section is it diminishes the exclusivity of tier-6 weapons. I've thought of a way to address this with weapon rotations across each tier to spice up the variety of guns, but at this stage nothing is set in stone

Regardless, thank you for the suggestions :) any kind of input is highly appreciated 

@Unusual Memes 

Interesting ideas, I like the Terror and the Bunker Buster, but I feel like the the Parasite should be like a mini Devourer, latching onto players with a harpoon or hook instead of latching onto them directly. From there the hook could do bleed damage until its broken via being damaged or once enough distance between the Parasite and the effected human has been increased. I've also got a couple "Special Bosses" in mind.

Leo

"Once a zoo's most popular inhabitant, the infection has been able to spread to mammals, making this male lion an apex predator, even beyond decay"

The idea of Leo is essentially, the ultimate run-down class, being based on an infected African Lion this class would be just as dangerous as it sounds. I would place it with around 1800 health as its abilites make up for its low durability. Its base movement speed is 290 Hammerunits, being the fastest infected on the roster, but not by much. Its primary attack could be a simple bite or claw swipe, dealing 20 damage or so while also applying large bleed damage as a trade-off. The secondary attack would be a lunge which cannot reach far, but has devastating effects, on contact with a human, they will get knocked over and receive 10 damage from the impact, they won't fly very far, but it will take a long time for them to get up, allowing Leo or any other zombies to chow down on the unfortunate soul. The design / model would be taken from Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 as I've also taken alot of inspiration from that game. Some examples of the model in that game can be seen in the links below, the videos arent that high quality, but I hope you can see what I'm going for with this idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ1eik-fEGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvf33JRhLCs

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Zombie_Lion

Loxodonta

"The star of a running circus, this unfortunate proboscian has succumbed to the infetion, and with it comes along a carnivorous appetite"

Similar to the 'Bunker Buster' as you've mentioned, Loxodonta is a relatively large zombie, acting as the first true tank zombie if it were added. Although I've suggested it as a "Special Boss" I would love for this to just be a regular boss as it has alot of potential. This boss would move at a speed of 200 Hammerunits, being slightly slower than the humans minimum speed (Disregarding Returns) It's primary attack is a simple trunk swing, dealing 15 damage while also giving noticable knockback, its secondary attack is an AOE stomp attack which has a small but devastating range, dealing 30 damage on hit while also stunnig them for 2 seconds, however it has a recharge time of 20 seconds and is very situational. As its special ability, when you press your designated reload button, you will be in a state where you move at 240 Hammerunits, similar to the Zombines ability to sprint. This mode is when you are "Charging" and once you make contact with a human while charging, you will reset to 200 Hammerunits of speed. Upon contact, said human will be inflicted with 20 damage and will have a "deafening" status effect, the same effect apllied to the Howlers howl ability. The human will be knocked down for 3 seconds and can be further attacked while on the ground. Again, I have 3 links showing the model off with the quality being a bit better, check them out below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1DbmZ0t9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N432R2enHE

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Zombie_Elephant

I can't find any addons or any sources where the models can be aquired, but I'm sure there are some on the internet if you ask nice enough. The 2 "Special Bosses" I've mentioned may sound OP, but can be fine tuned into Blood Arsenal specific bosses if that idea is given the go, or maybe in the Loxodonta's case, it can become a standalone boss.

@pho-

Thanks for the recognition in your post!

@Genuline

Your Leo idea, very eerily similar or maybe a better version of Nerf. The only difference that it's main attack causes bleed and covers distance far less. Nerf is the boss that hunts down runners and always accessible in the 2nd wave, why waste BP to buy a "Better Bootleg" Nerf?

Loxodonta i have no issues as it is a good viable charge-type zombie i could see being helpful against cade huggers

@Unusual Memes

Buying special bosses using BP is interesting and cool, especially the Bunker Buster Boss since i can find this a useful mini-boss post-wave 4.

Many Potential Ideas, some are out of the blue and possibly cannot be added, i hope those said ideas can be expanded upon.

@Smecklingdorf

Of course, all of what I've described in this topic isn't final or official, it's always open to change. I might've worded it wrong or didn't specify enough in my origianl description of Leo, but the secondary attack is the one which doesn't reach as far a leap as the Nerf, the primary is like any other zombie, dealing 20 DMG and bleed while having the same amount of range. And by 'doesn't leap as far', doesn't mean it will leap 2 meters ahead of itself, the leap of Leo would cover just a little less distance than a Fast Zombie as it isn't suited to climbing / jumping (Unless you take the videos into context then maybe a further leap is possible).

And thanks for the compliment, I would see Loxodonta as a specifically outside / roaming boss due to both its size and behavior in its source material. In REOF#2, the Zombie Elephant (Dubbed as Loxodonta here) would roam around the zoo while the group of 4 survivors would try and out run it. So don't expect it to get too close to cades, but be aware of your surroundings outside while it's alive.

@Talbot

Thanks! I feel like zombified / infected animals are hard to pull off (Not specifically for ZS but in other media), but when done right are scary as all hell. There's also an infected Spotted Hyena and Horbill present in REOF#2, but they're don't bring much to the table regarding abilities / features.

I agree with mostly of what Genuline said (with the exception of Wardrobe which I do agree about the"dragons" running around, I think Wardrobe with the suggestion I gave here, if well controlled, can avoid such things, I also don't agree that it should be removed at all)

In anyway, I also want to point a mistake here: " I would add 2 materias, parkour elite and god mode, Parkour elite " . You said parkour elite two times.

The granade variants was an Idea I already talked with Forrest together with other variants for around half month ago..  I don't know if it will ever be added, but he wanted to test those ideas just after we talked about it. I don't know tho if he already did test it or will do yet.

Besides those 3 comments that I had to make, Genuline pretty much said everything that I would say as well about the zombies and weapons.. I also thought once of the Houndeye being added, the only difference is that I always thought it should be it's own class with its own variants, and not a variant of bullsquid.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i feel that any sort of boss zombie that actually feels like a boss (e.g higher hp pool and much larger than regular zombie) would be a really welcome addition.

For the issue of different maps maybe not being suitable for larger zombies, you could have specialized maps where larger zombies are allowed, e.g the elephany zombie in a zoo map with large pathways.