Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need help

Dolphin_

I'm not sure if this should be in suggestion/bugs or not, but I'll put it here anyways.

For a couple days now, I haven't been able to get on the hg zs server, just this server. I went on a few other servers to make sure it wasn't because of connection issues. Anyways, the problem is that whenever I try to load into the server, it stops at "sending client info". I have restarted my modem, uninstalled all of my addons, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times. Until today I had no idea what was the problem, until today (at least I think). I tried to connect to the server, still stuck on "sending client info". I give up about 2-3 minutes later and then decided to check my console, I got quite a few errors (see screenshots). I'm wondering if there is anyway to fix these errors, I'm not 100% that this is the problem, but I should still get these errors fixed regardless. I apologise if the screenshots are too blurry.

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Edited by Dolphin_
Replaced screenshots with higher res ones

I found out that I have 2 windows updates that I haven't installed yet. Gonna install them and see if that fixes anything. Probably won't.

Edit: I actually have quite a few things to update. Gonna update everything then go check.

Edit: still nope.

Edited by Dolphin_

Just to make sure, are there any addons that I have to be subscribed to (that's on the worskshop) before I get on?

And to clear some things, I've done the thread suggestion and I still can't get on. I've also ran a speedtest to check if my ssd is running as intended, which it is.

Edited by Dolphin_

I think forest is saying that you just need to wait a lot longer since your computer takes a while to load in everything from the server. Zs is just one of those servers that take 5 minutes to load up the next map, and is a real pain for first joiners.

when I first joined Zs It was a fresh gmod account, no workshop/custom content on gmod so that isn't really an issue (at least I don't think so)

Perhaps, It's just that everything was fine until 5 days ago. I loaded in when everybody else did. keep in mind I started playing gmod hg zs back in the 11-13th of this January and everything until a couple of days ago was fine, I can join every other zs server but not hg.

Edited by Dolphin_

Did you re install Garry's mod AND unsubscribe all addons from workshop AND delete your downloads folder

I have unsubscribed all of my addons, deleted the actual files and I have uninstalled and reinstalled gmod a few times, although I haven't deleted my downloads folder, I'll do that right now.

Edit: I waited 10 minutes to load in, still didn't work.

i would recommend a ssd like a 500gb samsung 860 evo its cheap and its worth the money

Thanks for the recommendation, although I don't think I need to replace my ssd at this moment in time, I'll consider getting this down the road.

Edited by Dolphin_