Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Trait idea : Vital Strike

KeanuV

Thanks to aeux for helping me with this idea 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trait Name : Vital Strike

Cost : 20 Worthpoints

Mechanic : Every meter you fall longer you will get an extra 30% Backstab damage  and a extra 15%  for non-Backstab damage with a maximum of 20 meters and a starting point from 2 meters. On a successful Jump stab you will get -30% fall damage and you will not fall down also you wont get any slowness from the fall on a successful stab.[This Trait is for the knife only since its the only backstab weapon]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by KeanuV

I feel like Vital Strike would be more suited for a stealth game than Zombie Survival. To be honest, I don't think anyone is willing to invest 20 Worth in a trait that would require them to risk running into zombies, let alone jumping off something, when death is a near-certainty.

The design for this trait is certainly interesting, and I like how it this only applies to the Knife weapon based on a logical standpoint, but I'm going to have to say no on this one. This doesn't make sense for what the Zombie Survival gameplay presently is.

@KeanuV

I hope that you aren't saying this because of what I said. My opinion is only one opinion alone of many, but if you now understand how your trait suggestion would function, and possibly not work, mechanically for Zombie Survival, then you've taken another step towards understanding game design for developing mechanics as they relate to current gameplay.

That's not to say stop coming up with new and innovative things for ZS, like the trait you mentioned here. As I said, your trait idea for Vital Strike was interesting, but it just won't work for ZS, but I can tell from how you designed Vital Strike that it was thought out. It's better to make unique suggestions for ZS that may not be integrated, but could be the basis for other suggestions.

I would say if you want to design new integrations for ZS that have a likelihood of being implemented, consider what ZS doesn't have that it should, and for the things it should have should be something players would use.

For instance, human players were incapable of obtaining body armor by any means from the Worth Menu other than through other human players with the Armament perk, healing them with "HMTECH-101" weapons. Noticing this, I designed Neuro-Fiber Armor and Kevlar Vest to give players two options: regenerative, but half, body armor and full body armor that doesn't regenerate, respectively, both of which are available from the Worth Menu. Many players now use either one as their loadouts, and even if they don't, these additions are great for human players that want to survive longer.

I Made this trait so players would have a better chance at surviving waves normally from 1-2 and using like the long fall boots and other traits that could help aswell. but my main goal with this was so that new players would be able to train tricks and more stuff with this without getting really hurt but still learn, and already good players being able to do some sick stuff and run away from some zombies .so you see this trait is "designed" for allot of purposes not only for being sneaky but also for runners.

Edited by KeanuV

@KeanuV

As I said before, one of my concerns with Vital Strike was its relevance for Zombie Survival. While it's true we have players that act as runners for the team, running around with melee weapons and slashing at zombies, there will always be a risk of death, but the risk of death for this game mode is insanely high. With ghouls that could slow human players, alongside normal zombies that could inflict about 1/3 of a player's health, the damage buff for Vital Strike would have to be quite high as it pertains to risk-for-reward.

I also wouldn't apply this to just backstabbing for the damage boost because while humans can run faster than zombies, they can't run fast enough to pull off a maneuver successfully, as they would most likely be hit in the process, and we would want to mitigate that to make this seem like an appealing option for our runners.

Like it says in the topic the damage boost is also for non backstabs there just not that high , me and aeux thought of something like a 1 second speed boost on a successful hit but removed that idea from our heads couple seconds later since its still supposed to be something risky that helps you out not something that will make you immune if you jump on a zombie and they cant do anything.