Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Some Epic Bonus Effects.

Notes: Human Bonus Only (*)

Zombie Bonus Only (+)

*Incineration - 15 Seconds - All weapons now inflict burning damage for 2 seconds overtime (-1 HP per second)

Time Stall - 10 Seconds - All Zombies (and Humans) are unable the move, look around and attack during the10 second duration except the one who opened the Epic Bonus Crate

*Aster Touch - 15 Seconds - All attacks will inflict zombies low gravity for 1.5 seconds (Knockback Weapons will benefit this greatly)

+Pica - 60 Seconds - 40% of barricade damage will be replenished as HP

*Split Bullets - 10 Seconds - Most Weapons will now fire an extra bullet (Banned Weapons are: All Shotguns, All Bows, Ray Gun, Tau Cannon, Grim, Hurricane, Grenade Launcher, GLUON and FUBAR)

+Boom Boom Fingers - 15 Seconds - All Zombie attacks triggers an explosion (Zombine Nade), damaging nearby barricades and players (Damage is 1/4th of normal base damage) (Basically Pulverizer, Zombie Version)

+Bloody Discount - 2 Minutes - Blood Cradle perks are discounted by 30% (Disregard this perk if Arsenal Discount also applies to zombies)

Laser Pointer - 20 Seconds - +Zombie Projectiles now travels in very long distance (Poison Crab, Venom Crab, Spitter, Shade Rocks and Props and Bonemesh) (Distance is 10 Resupplies lined together) 

*All Weapons now have No-Spread (except arc-based weapons)

*Ghost Phase - 60 Seconds - Phase Movement is normal and it does not required to press Z (But cannot attack when phasing thorugh)

i might add more but its almost sleep here so this will be all

Edited by Smecklingdorf
  • Like 3

Lot of interesting ideas here. Couple of thoughts:

Incineration

I like this idea. Giving the humans a form of elemental bullets reminds me a lot of Borderlands and how some weapons have elemental bullets. However, as an Epic Bonus Crate perk, I might have to say no to this one for a few reasons.

One of the reasons is because the duration in conjunction with the damage/ second ratio is way too small. Any human with this bonus effect would not make a large difference in how fast zombies are being killed nor  would make a difference in stopping zombies from attacking, even touching, a barricade.

Another reason is duration of the effect coupled with how long the burn lasts. A zombie burning for 1 damage/ second for 2 seconds is way too short, and there's no indication if this effect is constantly being refreshed. Combined with Incineration lasting for only 15 seconds makes this a useless effect.

The last reason would be the rarity of Epic Bonus Crates. Not many players would get them, and not one player would get multiple crates in one game, so I'm not sure how this would work out.

Time Stall

Okay, this is a really cool idea, but I'm going to also say no on this one. Giving one human control over stopping anyone, both human and zombie, from moving, only being able to look around and attack can be devastating to the server itself. Players would wonder what the hell is going on when they could no longer move, and they might start whining to the admin and Moderators on about it, which means more trouble for us. Additionally, I just don't see how this is useful if people can still attack while Time Stall is active; don't you want it where no one can do anything while frozen in time? That makes time-stopping useful in its entirety.

Aster Touch

This is an idea I like and would approve. Although this would be annoying as hell for the zombies, it's fair game when it comes to these Epic Bonus Crate perks, so I don't see much issue with this.

I would say change the 1.5-second duration to a 2-second duration so zombies don't immediately run back in the same spot their in, and I would change the duration from 15 seconds to 60 seconds for it to have more of an impact.

Pica

I don't see anything wrong with this one. I don't get the name, but the idea is great. I approve of this.

Where did the name for this EBC perk come from anyway?

Split Bullets

First off, a 10-second Epic Bonus Crate perk, any perk with that duration, is useless. Giving a human lucky enough to get Split Bullets from an EBC only 10 seconds for their guns to fire an extra bullet per round is way too short, not to mention makes this perk absolutely useless. Like with Aster Touch, I would increase the duration from 10 seconds to 60 seconds maximum because, again, we want these perks to have an impact on gameplay and not become obsolete.

Why are you making these effects so short to begin with?

Boom Boom Fingers

The name could be better, that'll be my first suggestion. Secondly, a zombie that could create an AoE damaging explosion with every attack, for 15 seconds?!? Not only is this overpowered, but if they're inflicting 1/4 of their damage as AoE damage, that's still pretty strong. Remember, most human players have 100 health, and a normal zombie, without upgrades, can inflict ~30 damage/ second with every attack. If they somehow get Boom Boom Fingers, a normal zombie could inflict 7.5 damage/ second to anyone within range because now their attacks are AoE, and this would be broken upon integration and testing.

I know you said this is basically the zombie-version of the Pulverizer, but the Pulverizer is actually balanced because it has a slow attack speed, and it uses up ammo, and it can only affect a few players within a given range, not all players within a given range. Sorry, but I'm not going with this one. The duration compensates for what Boom Boom Fingers gives to the zombie fortunate enough to get it, but it sounds overpowered.

Bloody Discount

The only thing I would change is to reduce the duration from 2 minutes to one minute. Zombies don't need 2 minutes to use a Blood Cradle to shop for perks. Otherwise, I approve of this.

Laser Pointer

For humans, this could be godly given that if weapons with spread no longer have them, they could become insta-kill weapons.

For the zombies, this is useless unless someone is skycading and you're a projectile-shooting zombie fortunate enough to get this perk.

I think there needs to be a little more detail with this because this idea feels sort-of empty.

Ghost Phase

Hold on a moment. I get that phase movement is normal speed for the human that has this perk and is phasing through the prop, but not being required to press Z and not being able to attack while phasing? So, if they're permanently phasing with this perk on, are you basically saying they can't shoot or do anything for a whole 60 seconds while this perk is active?

If so, I don't think this one was well-thought out. I would just simply say humans move at normal speed when phasing and leave it at that if they get this perk from an EBC.

Overall, these ideas are interesting and unique. I'm beginning to work on something to be an overhaul for ZS, and I might consider some of your ideas into what I'm coming up with. However, keep in mind that a lot of your ideas I disapproved of for game balance reasons, not because I didn't like them; as I said, they're interesting, and the names work well, but because the attributes for some of these perks don't make sense.

Well i'm glad you considered some of my ideas, i might look further more into my suggestions in the future...

Also the reason i chose the name "Pica" because Pica is a mental disorder where one person is addicted to consume non-edible objects such as Dirt and Paper, it's a perfect naming sense because Zombies "eats" the barricade for HP

Incineration - Sounds perfectly fine to me.  @Snowyamur says the damage would be insufficient to be notable, but this could easily be saved by tweaking the values. Either increase damage per second, or a flat increase in the duration of the status.

Time Stall - Would be unhealthy for the server for reasons already stated

Aster Touch - Instead of applying Low Gravity, would rather to just increase weapon knockback for a flat time; would make it viable for most weapons and make it something people WANT in an Epic Bonus.

Pica, Split Billets, Boom Boom Fingers, Bloody Discount, Laser Pointer : All seem fine to me, only require duration tweaks. The concepts are great.

Ghost Phase is PERFECTLY fine. I think Snowyamur is confused. Basic phasing already locks weapon usage and drastically impairs movement; Ghost Phasing would ideally remove the movement reduction, while staying balanced in the means of restricting attacks. I don't think any sane human player would sit in a prop and complain about not being able to shoot.

Ghost Phase is PERFECTLY fine. I think Snowyamur is confused. Basic phasing already locks weapon usage and drastically impairs movement; Ghost Phasing would ideally remove the movement reduction, while staying balanced in the means of restricting attacks. I don't think any sane human player would sit in a prop and complain about not being able to shoot.

@pho-

Okay, hold on. It's not that I was confused automatically by default after reading about Ghost Phase, it was me being confused by how @Smecklingdorf worded what the ability does.

*Ghost Phase - 60 Seconds - Phase Movement is normal and it does not required to press Z (But cannot attack when phasing thorugh)

I have no disagreements with the general baseline for how Ghost Phase works. When I said how this wasn't well-thought out, I meant control-wise. For instance, during ghosting through props, humans move slower. Ghost Phase is designed to make it where humans move at normal movement speed without phasing while phasing; that part I get, and that part is fine because it's what makes this effect unique. 

It's the fact that Smecklingdorf said that players wouldn't be required to press Z to phase, thereby they're ghosts while this effect is active, being able to phase through anything. Coupled with the fact that humans can't attack while phasing, the confusion came from thinking about how humans would fight with this effect on.

Would they be incapable of fighting for the whole 60 seconds during this effect's duration? Would they basically be incapable of combat whatsoever because they'll be in constantly phasing while this effect is active?

Most of this derives from the fact that Smecklingdorf specifically said that humans with this trait are

not required to press Z

and that's why I said there's some thought missing from this in-terms of functionality.

The whole reason we have prop-phasing set to a keybind is to give players control over whether they want to phase through props or not, because while phasing, they're vulnerable. They can't fight and they can't move fast; basically, humans during phasing become easy kills for zombies. My issue here is not with the concept; it's with the design as it pertains to player control, which is more specific, but hey, I guess that's my problem for being specific to detail.

So many comments and alot of concerns, im gonna reply by making some adjustments

Proposed new reworks (Basing it off from feedback and adding more duration)

Incineration - (60 Seconds) The first hit inflict zombies burn damage (-2HP per second, duration of 5 seconds) and make it so it doesn't stack. getting hit by it again won't reset the duration and zombies will be inflicted once more when the 5 second duration is up. I mean flaming bullets is a good idea and putting it on Epic Bonus Crates put it on the same aspect of Heroes and Zombie Bane from normal Bonus Crates.

Time Stall - Improbable, Nothing to put here.

Aster Touch - (30 Seconds) I mean the name Aster which meaning "star" and me getting Low gravity from Bonus crates is pretty bum. So getting mix messages here so it could either go Inflict 2 seconds of low gravity or 50% more knockback or if you're me and prefer both, 20% more knockback and 2 seconds low gravity

Pica - Fine as it is,

Split Bullets - (45 Seconds) An extra bullet means 1 bullet adds another bullet, so if Glocks were shooting 3 bullets, it would shoot 6 bullets and if Storm shoots 2 bullets it would shoot 4 bullets. so getting a shotgun to shoot 18 pellets out of 8 is OP hence restrictions were there.

Boom Boom Fingers - (30 Seconds) It only damage Barricades now, and the AOE Damage is as same as Zombine grenade but it's damage is halved.

Bloody Discount - (2 Minutes) due to i need to earn BP first then buy the perks i need during the duration, i feel like this should be on Bonus Crates instead, but hey that's just me and you can disagree on it.

Laser Pointer - (60 seconds) Zombies version is fine as long distance means your spitballs almost shoots straight and arc-less, Humans in the other hand i could apply restrictions, and that being:

T2: Ender Shotgun T3: Doom Shotgun, ShortBow T4: BoomStick, Sweeper Shotgun, Crossbow T5: Wicked Boom, Long Barrel, Destructor, Wicked Crossbow T6: Hurricane, Grenade Launcher

Ghost Phase - well this is a doozy one and i'm sorry if worded this poorly, i'm gonna try again. (90 Seconds) Normal movement speed when phasing, but still cannot fire during phase (it requires to press Z now) and my opinion is shared with bloody discount as this could be a Bonus Crates feature as i feel like it doesn't deserve Epic Bonus Crates Tier

Dunno if the duration change is acceptable now but i'll wait for feedbacks