Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you get into HG Zombie Survival?

Snowyamur

Time Started Playing HeLLsGamers ZS  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I can't remember how long ago this question was asked, but I wanted to ask this question once again because it's one whole year away from 2020, and to see how far Zombie Survival has lasted throughout the years is astounding. To this day, seeing an active player base for the Garry''s Mod Division because of ZS is something to be happy about, at least for me, being an old-time ZS player. While today's ZS is certainly not the same as Legacy ZS from years ago, change is usually good in the sense that new things are being introduced, and for ZS, change is evolutionary.

For many who've been a part of the HG ZS community and server for many years, it's important that we recognize how far we've gotten up to this point and remember back then what got us into HG ZS in the first place. It sounds silly to consider this a memorable and momentous thing to consider, but if you think about it, a lot of game servers have not lived as long as our ZS server has, and at this point, it's good to look back.

So, based on the title of this thread, "How did you get into HG Zombie Survival?"

For me, I started back between and around 2013 - 2015. I guess what got me most interested into HG ZS back then was the point-save, but over time, it was the fun, friendly, and welcoming community that got me into it. That community may not be the same as it stands today, but playing on HG ZS is still fun to me nonetheless, and there are many friends I've made over the years while being part of the ZS community that still play HG ZS.

I remember those old times when the "Grim" Machine Gun was considered the strongest weapon, until it was nerfed and succeeded by T6 weapons, and I remember those old memories when surviving was a little bit easier when cards, zombie upgrades, and all the new traits and deployables weren't a thing. But, seeing ZS for how much it's changed over the years makes me ever more inclined to work on improving it for the better, while continuing to play and enjoy what was basically my younger childhood.

Edited by Snowyamur
  • Like 1

Holy fuck this was a long time, but a good time the matter of fact, Dream-E was still active, Oscar was still part of HG, Fume was a either still a Member or a Staff, I would randomly hop in random Division chats to meet new people. OG days.
But in all honesty: 
I was playing Gmod ZS since the "Vanilla" days back in 2008 but recently had to stop playing because school, cause I was like a an elementary schooler at the time. But recently gotten back into it in 2013. I was first playing on a server called TPS untill it was shutdown for unknown reasons, So after deciding on the server list for the longest time then I randomly chose HellsGamers and stuck with it since

• Like 3

In 2015 I used my older brothers laptop to play videogames cuz I couldnt afford one at the time. I logged in on his acc and accidentally hit history for multiplayer for gmod. Saw HG ZS, thought it was ze and started playing. After some time I saw Oscar D for the first time and thought that NOBODY and I mean NOBODY could be better than him. As time passed by I finnaly got my own laptop and started playing HG ZS again in the beggining of 2018. Now as I grew older it was like my childhood thinking of old ZS. And how fun the boomstick was the few times I got to use it then. Never getting past that valve part on vertigo cuz I would just go straight instead of left. And now vertigo isnt hard for me. I saw new players that were better than Oscar. Saw people like ceiling fan, que, blueberry b4 he was a furry, corgi and morgi those funny bastards, yes you campert you bastard lol, soapboxdolphin aka yung scums, Jay with the OFFICIAL OG HG CADER Hypermaster, mxd, meme tech and his roasts about ceiling, tof with trazix and many more, of I cant forget about destroyer and how he was recruiting way too many people lol. I greatly value the time on HG and will never forget the server that made my childhood great.

Edited by F00L
  • Like 2

What I had set to accomplish in GMOD was to find a good server for each 'major' game mode (Good content, population, staff and player-base). I had been getting lucky, finding a good TTT or Murder server, but I had been struggling with a good ZS server. Until I found HGZS, then that really captivated me for some reason. Since then I've gone into retirement and have only played on this ZS server as the other ones (Not only ZS) I had favoured either died, weren't populated enough or shutdown.

Played Nox frequently from 2009 to 2014ish, quit gmod for a bunch of years, then Nox died. Tried Sunrust in 2018, but it's nothing like what my favorite version of Nox used to be, not even close

So i came here instead; having fun so far. The spirit of the game seems to be alive and well here, even if my old longtime gmod buddies moved on to other servers or quit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Joined zs in 2013 but joined hg in the end of 2017,i started playing gmod cuz i got boring from css and cs 1.6 zm and ze,but gmod zs in 2013 to the end of 2016 was the best game i have ever played for me,but now its so cancer cuz of the team work

Edited by Roberazo
  • Like 2

August of 2013 , was very new to gmod and came across HG ZS . 

I mean my old PC died ( RIP My baby ) and didn't get an forum account until May 2017 . 

ZS has change a lot since I came in 2013 so that was almost 6 years ( plus august this year ) 

I mean back then Boomstick was in wave 1 and was the shit but now ….. I guess it's the tier 6 guns that's trending :P 

Still fun after I left HG :)

• Like 1