Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggestions & Ideas for New HG Bans

Imperial Knight

hs6hsUy.png

spacer.thumb.png.067bf9dedba2d71e152638ed686794ae.png

New Version Suggestions & Ideas

As we're pushing forward with the development of the new HG Bans, we would like to take some feedback and suggestions for the new version to see what changes everyone would like to see, members and leadership alike.

As of now we're currently looking into the following ideas we have came up with:

• Ability to create web bans that specify a division 
  • Permanent fix to the drag and drop uploader
  • Improved interface for bans, modifying bans, etc.
  • Potential notification system for divisional leadership where a notification is sent when a ban for their division is pending review
  • System for assigning bans to leadership for review (i.e. claiming a ban for review, assigning to a higher up, etc.)
  • New ban state called "Appealed" which indicates an inactive ban due to an approved appeal. This helps separate invalid disapproved bans from appealed bans at glance.

Feel free to reply here to bring up or discuss any ideas you might have. If your suggestion contains any trusted information that is leadership-only, feel free to send me a PM.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking organizing ban reports by game? For instance, banning someone on CS:GO for cheating would fall under the CS:GO category, banning someone on Garry's Mod for chat-spamming every map would fall under the Garry's Mod category, etc.

This just helps with organizing things. What do you guys think?

• Executive Council

All of the ideas that are currently on the table are awesome and would love to see them implemented! And yes I would love to also see a new modern look as well. I will have some suggestions/input but have to think about it for a bit.

• Like 1

I feel that it would be nice to have the divisional bans separated, but this isn't necessarily something we need. Something that would in my view that would be more effective in the use of the ban page would be for sure a functional upload/drag n' drop. One nice thing would also be the ability to add which division the ban is for when creating a web ban, it's something that at times can be confused if not specified by the person whom created the report. Also it would greatly help if the bans fully displayed their SteamID when viewing full screen, rather than the numbered ending of the current one. 

For the Divisional Leadership side of things, I feel that it would greatly help if they had the ability to send an @ to the person who banned/reported the player first. This would help greatly with some new users who might be new to the HG Forums or new to PC usage overall. It would work no differently than the current browser notification settings for the new website. Also extending the time availability to edit your posts to 12 hours or around it would greatly help. I've had to create multiple secondary responses because of it. 

Something that I would think would be actually a quick fix might be the redirect links on the Main Tabs at the top of the page for Legacy bans. The Forums tab will direct you to the new forums of which we use now, but the home tab and the others will direct you to the Legacy pages. I really think that this would be the first step in managing the bans page. 

Well if the bans are seperated by division, does that mean they would just be categorized seperately or web bans would be eliminated? My honest thoughts on it are web bans are important, and if you get banned on one server you should be banned from the rest. However, it doesn't have to be that way considering it only takes a few seconds to ban someone universally if it does become more of an issue. If this change were to happen, it's going to be a little bit more challenging to determine grey-areas ie; if a person gets banned for Malicious activity (DDoS threats, hacking) then obviously it would be a permanent web ban, but if it's harrassing players, spamming, general toxicity should it be just one server still? Lots of things to take into considerations here, though I do think it's a great idea and should be followed up with.

• Like 1

• Ability to create web bans that specify a division 
    (This would be nice for staff to know that it relates to there div)
  • Permanent fix to the drag and drop uploader
    (We really need this, been a bit of a headache)
  • Improved interface for bans, modifying bans, etc.
    (+1 make the UI template similiar to new site)
  • Potential notification system for divisional leadership where a notification is sent when a ban for their division is pending review
    (This would be nice plus, it would help to handle bans more efficiently)
  • System for assigning bans to leadership for review (i.e. claiming a ban for review, assigning to a higher up, etc.)
    (Wouldn't mind this either, one again this would help us operate more efficiently)

I really like the fact we are moving forward on this, I know it is going to take time. Thank you guys!

-Upgrade the ban timer! Add possible presets, when you need to extend the ban report to a couple months or years doing so with minutes, hours and days is not always an easy task.

-Edit: Another great idea would be to add a category called ''reason'' on the bans page.

Edited by Synnpai

• 10 months later...