Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Is the Doomcrab too weak?

Laces115

Poll time!  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever since Doomcrab got nerfed a while back, I haven't seen anyone use it except from bonus crate spawns.

To see why, all you have to do is use his attack. I'm certain it does less damage than a chem zombie, which is absolutely pathetic. Why would I go Doomcrab against a cade when Nightmare or Tickle Monster can do much more barricade damage given the same period of time?

What I would suggest is a buff to its damage to barricades to match a chem, at the expense of a longer delay between each leap, maybe 50% longer? This way, hit and run tactics make this boss a valid tool against doorcades and other multi-prop entrances.

Human damage should remain as-is, because the alt-attack to debuff humans is already good enough to reduce the human team's killing potential.

• Like 1

Doomcrab was weak ever since the nerf. A lot of players, including myself, wanted this nerf, specific to its damage output, because this boss kept devastating human team and barricade compositions to the point that there wasn't any point in trying to build a cade because we would be killed from the inside-out by this boss. Additionally, this boss had insane AoE damage potential that made it overpowered because it was capable of killing multiple humans in quick succession.

Personally, it deserved the nerf. As a human, I was tired of building a well-established barricade, only to have it fall apart because people from the inside would die, many of them at once, even when they weren't hugging the cade.

However, instead of boosting its damage, why not add an extra debuff to this boss' attack that would be inaccessible otherwise?

• Thanks 1

Because doom crab needed to be no colliding with humans coz people would abuse the giant doom crab to get jug stuck and forrest instead of making it no collide he made it small and so the doom crab was able to fit throught holes and crushing his enemies doing 50 dmg to 10 people at once However the old doom crab [big boi] used to deal 250 damage on 1 person if jumped on top of the human Id rather have old doom crab back but with no collide and only like 125 damage maximum

It's not like the doom crab was meant to go through holes, it is a support boss after all and if you just happen to be outside while one was out you would've just died instantly if crushed by one.

I'll admit the old doom crab was funnier except for it's bug where jugg could get stuck, but this could be fixed. So i'll say bring back the old doom crab, just move it to wave 4 where humans have stronger weapons :) .

Yeah i wish he does devastating damage on direct hits, current one's lackluster cuz AOE is a good gimmick but sub-par damage (what is it 7-10 surrounding area?)

Old Doom crab was great, i wish they would just slightly nerf it where 3 or 4 hits could kill a fully healthy human on direct hits instead of making him a strict support class, or maybe making sure he's solely a support class that can also fight back one guy but can't handle a group of guys

Yes, a buff could be made to the Doom Crab. Perhaps it could be moved to wave 4 along with a slight damage reduction in comparison to it's old self?

I would agree with the Wave 4 transition change, but why the damage reduction? The Doom Crab isn't supposed to be a tank; it's supposed to be like a debuff-support for the zombie team.

As I said above, why not make it where it adds an extra debuff to any human in-range of its attacks @pho-, and this debuff can be debilitating, but not damaging to a player's health?

@Snowyamur

The problem with just adding another debuff is that the Doomcrab would still not be gratifying to use: just holding the alt attack your entire boss life is dull. At least Bonemesh actually does damage so you can watch the number climb. Also, If you can't do any damage, you won't get any barricade points, and thus probably not even get boss next wave.