Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Grav Gun Cancer

i am here to complain about the scourge currently infesting the server with retards. The very thing that is both stupidity and simplicity at it's finest. Admitedly, this is also a rage post but that doesnt mean anything in here will be false. Of course what i am talking about the well known grav gun, which has quickly become the favorite of many runners, is (at least in my opinion) an unfair advantage for the humans against the zombies!

• be me
  • boss tickle monster to destroy anime cade on mall map (the foggy one)
  • loses 500 health out of nowhere and you hear the sound of a stalker assault rifle
  • looks up at a runner on a high platform getting free damage off of you by flinging props 50 feet away from him
  • can't get close  because of constant pushback and high damage. 
  • dead in 10 seconds
  • repeat on wave 4 as nightmare boss
  • repeat as a starved zombie 12x over

im pretty sure you get the picture here. what kind of weapon would allow someone to run around for 4-5 waves just flinging props?! I KNOW the grav gun is basically pointless on zombie survival, because it literally contributes NOTHING to anyone accept jusr throwing stupid props. I could understand if it's a really good gun or something a little more cannon to the game mode, but the grav gun is literally only there for (excuse my language) shits and giggles! It's literally like if you have a grav gun, you have harnessed the power of the shade for yourself and because of that you can run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and kill: Nightmares, Tickles, Butchers, legions,  devourer (if you're fast enough), and even bonemeshes! No weapon should allow such cancer to exist since you dont see people running around with hurricanes doing this crap, DO YOU?! Here is a list of all the bs that comes with a grav gun:

• can pickup props from a mile away even though they just threw them
  • extreme pushback makes it near impossible to get close, even if you're a boss
  • will often pressure a zombie team to waste a boss slot JUST to deal with all the bs you will be dishing out.
  • Extremely quick pickup and thow mechanic which lets you hurl props with almost NO cooldown in between props allowing for constant slaying

Don't be fooled, i understand, i get it. It doesn't work the same way on every single map. Yes, there may not always be a giant mountain of props to use at the ready, but don't you think 5hat even when it is useful it's kinda...fuckibg stupid? C'mon i can't be the only one thinking this! If anything, I am not here just to bring up what i see as a problem, I am also here to offer what I think may be a good solution. Here are my suggested nerfs:

• add a cooldown to how often it can be used
  • when Grav Gun is equipped, slow movement by 30% (because fuck you for using it)
  • decrease projectile strength (so it doesnt take off like 2-300 health on zombies)
  • Unable to pickup overly large props, only small ones ( so they cant pickup crap like a fridge or a couch)
  • ULTIMATE SOLUTION: Remove from the server

FOR GRAV GUN USERS:

if you are a grav gun user and you are reading this, I just want you to know just a FEW choice words...

• you suck
  • use a gun, this is Zombie Survival, not sandbox mode
  • i don't know how you sleep at night.
  • you most likely a filthy furry.
  • Like 3

Everything had a counter... you want to fuck up people with a gravy gun go headcrab or convince as many zombies as you can to get the runner... the gravity gun works great for just a few zombies.. any more than a few will force them to run.. fasties and headcrabs can get in your face rather quick. In fact on last mall map I 1v1ed a guy with grav gun as head crab. Almost killed him and only died twice. He only made it away cause got spawned on the other side of the map.. he then proclaimed headcrabs were the most cancer thing in zs.. 

Gravguns have counters.

Edit: headcrabs DO work

Edited by Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Woderland, i call straight up bullshit, bro. If we are going by personal experiences, whitedevilro spent 5 whole rounds outside just killing bosses, zombies, headcrabs, you name it. Nobody could touch him, he was able to kill everyone and we all barely got him when we had to gang up on him.

edit: NO THEY FUCKING DON’T

Edited by Enforcer

Agreed. Gravity gun needs to be nerfed by alot, its so frustrating when you play zombie and get killed from it. People straight up join spec or leave, myself included coming from a zmain. Its just that anoying, plus zombie team is now weaker. But on the other hand there are counters, I will not say head crab is the way to go because I agree that this isnt a counter, but a scare at most. If you are anoyed/frustrated by grav gun users and they are still outside after wave 1......... dude just go nerf, they will die or definetely go back into the cade, thats the main counter and yes b4 you jump you cant move and they can kill you, but if you play smart it should work.

Edited by F00L
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1