Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How do you feel about the point system in the trade servers?

GlimTV

Doesn't require change. The point system was built how it is now to better help those who are not as good at at the game for a better chance at Top 20 positions for VIP. Changing it so every kill only removes/gives 5 points to each of the players who kills the other would make a huge spike of points for those who are good at the game over those who get 20 kills to 70 deaths. The majority of Top 20 is already HG Members or the usual good/common player on the server. 

Personally I don't care about my level or points because I would rather enjoy a good fight with the enemy team and focus on moderation of the server over point systems. 

Quite frankly, there isn’t that much incentive to get to the top of the leaderboard besides VIP.

The only thing that needs to be added is something for the absolute bottom player. Top 20 get VIP, but the Bottom 1 should also get vip. Let scores go into the negative. Let’s have some fun with this.

• Confused 1

Why would we award people for being bad at the game and encourage them to be in negative points making them take way more points from others whenever they kill someone.

Pretty balanced but if you tryhard on score you don't get to have much fun with friendly taunting, arena fights, etc. I gave up on score, stressful and boring, most people don't even look at the leaderboard.

@Shadie11 I agree with @Fred. on that. The purpose of Top 20 is to encourage players to come more on the servers more and enjoy playing knowing that they can earn something by it. Even if it's a hidden feature, someone who is killed enough to the point of negative points probably either won't know how to work VIP or it would be farmed. It's not hard to any extent for someone to just walk in front of enemy spawn and get killed. It can be easily abused and would show that HG rewards/promotes laziness to an extent. 

On a side note, negative points already exist on the servers, although it just takes a lot to get there. But once you're there, at times you can't come back from it because you receive 0 points for killing someone. It's useless and recoding it would take too much effort for something that doesn't require change.

Edited by Admiral MacK
  • Like 1