Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Howlers Give Points Suggestion

RavenR34

I feel like Howlers should gain points from boosting other zombies, similar to how medic zombies gain points from healing; as far as I can tell, Howler gets nothing right now. I don't see people play it too often, and I feel that rewarding support from him would be a good change to encourage playing it more. Maybe 1 point for every 2 zombies affected by the howl?

• Thanks 1

Too bad no one took that suggestion seriously. I honestly think howler is the best boss on zs rn, hes fast, does alot of damage, helps the zombie team, alot of hp, its everything. But the thing that stops me from going him is because you get ZERO reward for being one in the actual game other than kills. 

But the thing that stops me from going him is because you get ZERO reward for being one in the actual game

I would say there's zero reward value for being Howler when it comes to points and a form of fictional-monetary gain, but when it comes to aiding your team and ending the map fast, that's the best reward for the Howler so far.

I would say there's zero reward value for being Howler when it comes to points and a form of fictional-monetary gain, but when it comes to aiding your team and ending the map fast, that's the best reward for the Howler so far.

That is the problem for people today. They don't gain anything where they personally profit from and it therefor stops them from doing something that could be actually profitable for the team. 

That is the problem for people today. They don't gain anything where they personally profit from and it therefor stops them from doing something that could be actually profitable for the team. 

@Misterlol29

The way I look at it is this:

If a zombie player only works towards gaining point profit, then that's a benefit and profit for only themselves.

If a zombie player works towards helping the team profit, then that's a benefit for them and the entire team.

If we exclude any form of monetary value and only account for the positives, helping the team is the most "profitable" by which it's the most "beneficial." Unfortunately, given how HG ZS is with point-save, there will always be point-whores, and that's just how it is because the point-save system is an incentive for people to play. If they make profit every map, they'll continue to play. If they lose a severe amount of profit on one map, or toss all their savings away, they'll stop playing. This is why it's so hard for new players to stay on our server; the point-save is there, but starting out is just so sluggish.

This is also a basic principle of self-gain vs. helping others.

If someone does something to earn money, of course it's going to be a profit that only helps them.

If someone spends money to help someone out, then it's a "profit" for the person helping by making them feel good, and even more of a "profit" to the person being helped.

Bottom line here is that it's a problem in both a videogame and the real world, but it's a problem that's always going to be there. We can't permanently fix it, but we can do what we can do to minimize it's impact in ZS.