Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Amber's Suggestions

Smecklingdorf

1st, Zombie Perks.

=================================================================================================================

1. Gold Scraps (3000 BP) Zombies now earn barricade points regardless how far the distance between humans and barricade. (i like to earn up barricade points but yet it requires to be near humans :<)

2. Hydrochloric Coat (12000BP) Spitballs (Poison Headcrabs, Venom Headcrabs, and Spitter Zombies [Excluding Wild Poison cause' fuck that and Ice Immolators too cause' why tho?]) now do 3 seconds damage overtime (-2hp per second, +1 damage per 0.10x difficulty surpassed)

===================================================================================================

2nd, The zombie that bothers me

Venom Headcrabs - I made a previous post about this but it has no traction so i'll do it again. The problem of this particular variant is that it's performance is literally the same,  no gimmicks, no tricks, and no damage-difference, it's literally the same thing but does nowhere as good or better than Poison Headcrabs. 

In my analysis, Poison does 11 on the first hit, Venom does 22 on the first hit, both damage overtime results in 67, Venom Headcrabs should be devastating because of it's negative attributes (Slower Lunge Time, Bigger Hitbox) that made him under perform it's chaotic duty, but doing the same damage overtime is literally just "Copy-Paste except players will experience a what-if Poison Headcrab when its nerfed into oblivion"

So in my proposed overhaul, Make Venom Headcrabs overall capabilities and design based solely for players who preferably used the lunge mechanic more than the spit mechanic. 1st is to removed it's spitball mechanic, why you may ask? It's WAVE 5 and you know which spits balls better? Wild Poisons! Venom spitballs only does 5 more damage (that makes it 19) than the Poison Headcrabs, yet Wild Poisons damage is ranged 15-70 due to it's shotgun-like mechanic.

Lunge Overhaul, keep it's negative attributes (Slower Lunge, Bigger Hitbox) For Comparison, on the first hit, Poison does 11 Damage, Venom does twice (22), but the damage overtime results are the same (67) which is underwhelming as an upgrade/side-grade to the Poison Headcrab, So my proposed idea is: It does 22 on hit, damage overtime is -5HP per second, and the poison effect should/or must last 16 seconds, but can be "cured" by any forms healing. With this in mind, any lazy fucks who got attacked by Venom Head crabs will die due to their procrastination as damage is resulting to 102 HP Lost as describe in it's description "It's venom can even kill an adult human"

===============================================================================================================

3rd, Human Traits

1. Adrenaline (30 Worth) - Humans get 1.5 second Speedboost when being damaged by zombie.

2.  Demolition (70 Worth) - Increase explosive radius by 15% (Pulverizer-Users and Human version of Blast Cap)

• Like 2

I'm maybe missing something that could make it op, but why would you spend 12k barricade points to deal 6 extra damage to humans(talking about hydrochloric acid trait)?

spitter zombie would be banking off this but can be easily countered by FF and by the time you'll get 12k barricade points its either wave 4 or 5, there also better options at its price like Ruin.

everything else about this seems pretty good, but I have a question for GOLD SCRAPS; how much do you gain, is it where the closer you are the more you gain?

So, am I crediting Amber or am I crediting you, @Smecklingdorf? I'll assume I'm crediting Amber because of the title.

Anyways, few thoughts:

Gold Scraps

Great name for what this trait does and it doesn't make the zombie any stronger, other than getting traits faster. Supported.

Hydrochloric Coat

More damage? Even with a combination of Neuro-Fiber Armor and boosted health, humans aren't durable, you know. The trait itself for what it does with respect to its cost isn't bad, but I feel that traits like Ruin and Tough Skin suffice more than this one when considering the provided buffs.

If you wanted another suggestion for this trait, how about make Hydrochloric Coat allow poison spitballs to bypass force fields? Is it broken? Yes. Is it fair for humans? No. Can it be balanced? Yes, because the cost can be increased to 13500 BP and the damage doesn't change. Making it slightly-more expensive would make a zombie player question whether Ruin or Hydrochloric Coat is worth more than the other in their current situation, which helps to even out the playing field.

On top of this, you could also make zombies with this trait inflict 2x the damage on those with armor on since humans can now put on body armor before the start of Wave 1. Is this even more broken. Sure, but if humans don't have armor on, which most of them actually don't, this buff has little to no effect.

Venom Headcrab Rework

I agree with you. Why use venom headcrab for spitballs when you have wild poison zombies shooting spitballs like a shotgun, especially when the spitballs from VH are low-damaging? I would make a few small changes to the stats you considered.

On lunge, VH deals 20 damage on hit; better to go with a constant value than something arbitrary. When hit, inflicts poison that deals 4 damage/ second that lasts 15 seconds, and inflicts Slow, Impaired Vision, Reduced Attack Speed, and Reduced Reload Time. I'm not sure if the two latter buffs are in ZS right now, but they would certainly make venom headcrabs dangerous to go up against. Being unable to retaliate properly when hit makes a human easy prey.

As for the animations and wind-up time for its attacks, don't see any issue there. They have to be that way because it's supposed to be powerful [to some extent].

Adrenaline

Is there a cooldown to this speed boost? How fast can the human run when they get this boost?

Demolition

Okay, I can see this being a huge issue with humans spamming claymores and det. packs, but given these are usually placed inside buildings and inside cades, for its cost, I don't see anything wrong with this. Supported.

@A Imperfect perfection you get BP regardless the distance of humans, there's no bonus when you attack the cade.

@Snowyamur Adrenaline does not stack and the boost is just 15% faster so yeah.

As for Hydrochloric coat, for me i would say, it's just to bring back that old mechanic where spitballs deals overtime damage, but your idea of spitballs (Excluding Wild Poison cause' fuck that too) bypassing Forcefield seems interesting and hope to see it in the future.

Also, if people here are bugging with the pricing of Hydrochloric coat then i could lower it's price to 7000

Edited by Smecklingdorf
  • Thanks 1

@Snowyamur Adrenaline does not stack and the boost is just 15% faster so yeah.

If it doesn't stack, then I'll assume there's no cooldown. Having speed boosted by 15% doesn't sound too bad either; this will definitely help humans who like to melee-rush zombies get away or dodge them. Supported.

As for Hydrochloric coat, for me i would say, it's just to bring back that old mechanic where spitballs deals overtime damage, but your idea of spitballs (Excluding Wild Poison cause' fuck that too) bypassing Forcefield seems interesting and hope to see it in the future.

Nothing wrong with bringing back some old mechanics that were confirmed to work. The suggestion for allowing a trait that lets spitballs bypass force fields is only a suggestion; it is not something that I would say should be in game, but it is something to consider.

Be sure to update your first post with the information for Hydrochloric Acid you provided me @Smecklingdorf.