Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Supply Crates Suggestion

Uni

When zombies destroy both supply crates, they get a certain amount of points. (Such as 50,75, or 100)

Just like how the humans get points when they repair supply crates, I feel like it's only fair if the zombies get points for destroying supply crates as well. (One more reason to z-main as well.)

• Like 2

One major issue I have with this is that usually, not all supply crates are defended. Humans will go for the supply crate in the best cading spot, while leaving the other supply crate open to be destroyed. This is just common sense; go to the barricade that's safest and more populated to increase chances of survival than the one that's broken down and nearly abandoned.

It's the humans fault for usually letting one supply crate fall, but you can't blame them entirely; if Supply Crate A is in a better, more fortified cading spot than Supply Crate B, what good would it be for 1-2 people to cade at B unless those people know how to solo cade and know what they're doing? We get so many newcomers to the server everyday that solo cading is rare now, and solo cading itself is a skill possessed by many ZS veterans who've been around for a long time.

I would say this certainly gives players a motive to be zombie because they can earn points very easily, while also helping newcomers, who don't know what to do, easily earn points for doing nothing. However, not to accuse you of this @Uni, but this sounds very much like a point-whore idea intended for z-mains. Zombies could already pointwhore by just hitting humans; something like this would make so many people go z-main if destroying a supply crate easily awards 50-100 points to every zombie on the team.

There needs to be a balance between players that want to go human, and players that want to go zombie. If everyone goes zombie all the time, it isn't really fun, and this idea would make a lot of people go zombie from now on if they could earn an easy +100 profit from something that doesn't require work.

• Thanks 1

NO, its way easier for zombies to destroy the supply crate than for humans to repair it. The reason the humans get the 50 is for going throught everything to get it repaired, thats the reward. The humans have to leave the cade if the supply is broken and thats very risky and can get you killed along with zombies hiding in the map. All the zombies have to do is attack it which does not come even close to what humans have to do. Zombies are way easier and already make getting points ez .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

NO, its way easier for zombies to destroy the supply crate than for humans to repair it. The reason the humans get the 50 is for going throught everything to get it repaired, thats the reward. The humans have to leave the cade if the supply is broken and thats very risky and can get you killed along with zombies hiding in the map. All the zombies have to do is attack it which does not come even close to what humans have to do. Zombies are way easier and already make getting points ez .

This ^

Like snowyamur said no offence uni but this seems like an idea just to get more free points for zombies other than a suggestion that helps change the way humans should play with supply crates.

Also this ^

Thanks for reinforcing this understanding, @F00L.

If I didn't mention it above, I'll say what I told Lady Luck a while back. I'm not entirely against z-mains. While the incentive to z-main is to earn easy points for most players, some do it because it's fun, and those are the few rare people volunteering to take on a role in a game that not many people like to play. For that, I sort-of respect those people, even though I still find those people annoying to deal with because they get very good at their role.

That aside, there's gratification if risk was taken to earn a reward. There's no gratification for earning +100 points as a zombie if all I had to do was destroy a supply crate, even one that wasn't guarded to begin with. As F00L mentioned @Uni, the 50-point reward for having a supply crate repaired while on the human team is satisfying because the risk comes with leaving the cade, even with bosses still lingering about, and potentially dying. For zombies, who have infinite lives, destroying a crate for a reward isn't so satisfying if the crate was left unguarded, which one crate on the map usually is, and all zombies have to do is destroy it. Even dying isn't a problem because of the fact zombie players can respawn; humans can't, that's what makes it exciting.

I'm tired of pointwhores in ZS; they're common now, and it'll never go away. Admittedly, I was a pointwhore myself, but I've come to understand that pointwhoring requires working at the expense of others, and that's not okay. It's not always like this, but the definition of pointwhore is greed, and no offense, this suggestion reflects on greed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@F00L and @Snowyamur, I can understand the point of the view you guys are coming from, but usually the humans do barricade the supply crates, and only the in the rare cases of the supply crates being completely garbage would the humans choose not to cafe there. The supply crates provide tool extremely helpful for the human team, such as barricade transponders and nail bots, so I felt like it was only fair for the zombies to get something out of destroying the supply crates which are pretty darn important to the humans (in most cases). Also I usually have more fun and get a lot more profit when I play human, so this is merely a suggestion to encourage people to play zombie once in a while, since most people on the server likes to play human. But I do appreciate the response, @F00L& @Snowyamur, very insightful! :D

And as @A Imperfect perfection suggested, perhaps the zombie team can get some barricade pints instead of actual points.

• Thanks 1

Zombies already do get something from destroying supplies they get higher difficulty which means more dmg,speed and resistance. More difficulty = stronger zombies = Points. Also zombies get a load of profit already most the time more than humans just gotta know what to build into on zombie team. Tons of people already z main I doubt we need more z mains to point whore as the humans usually lack caders or are stuck with shit cades. I'm fully against adding anything to supplies for zombies they're fine as is and don't need to be changed to help an already strong group.

Another thing I wanted to say is you do get barricade points when hitting the supply crate as zombie but its rng. Sometimes I wont get points or barricade points while other times I will get both. Might just be a bug but just saying.

only the in the rare cases of the supply crates being completely garbage would the humans choose not to cafe there

It's not rare @Uni; it's uncommon. Often times with every new map or replayed round, one of the supply crate locations is going to be in a bad spot, so no one will cade there because it doesn't make sense to cade in a spot that could be easily overrun.

However, let's say both crates were in decent cading spots. Even then, humans will move to and camp at only one supply crate to maximize survival because the more people there are in a cade, the longer the cade lasts. One thing a ZS player and I argued over years ago was what made the best cade. I said it was the actual build of the cade, but he said it was how many people occupied it, and he was right by logic. This is because having more people in a cade means there are more people shooting, repairing, healing, etc. Compared to a supply crate cade with only 1-3 people, as a human, common sense would be to go to the best, as well as most populated, cading spot for the best survival chances.

The relevance of me saying this is that because only one supply crate is being caded most of the time, and because zombies tend to destroy one of the supply crates early, giving them points for little effort is too easy profit for little satisfaction, and it's an excuse to pointwhore.

so I felt like it was only fair for the zombies to get something out of destroying the supply crates which are pretty darn important to the humans

Zombies have their attack damage and movement speed boosted when a supply crate is destroyed, and humans lose out on an opportunity to cade at the ruined location. If you ask me, I'd say that's fair for the zombies. They don't get points, but zombies can't use points anyway, so they get boosted stats instead. Again, this is why this idea fits the mindset of a pointwhore.

so this is merely a suggestion to encourage people to play zombie once in a while, since most people on the server likes to play human

We already have many players on our server that like to play zombie @Uni, even more so than what's considered "safe" for the game. Regardless of the incentive to go zombie, remember that for ZS, zombies have infinite lives, they're tougher than humans, and they can kill a human in 3-4 hits; less hits with upgraded cards. Having around 7-12 people wanting to z-main at a given time is enough; any more than that and humans would lose on Wave 1 on a normal zs map because they only get Worth and T1 weapons.

Either it should give a low amount of points or give barricade points and boss slot points, with each repair of the supply crate it would decrease the number of points for BOTH teams by half or by any other percentage if see fit. This way the abuse of points for the sake of point whoring.

I'd say no for points @A Imperfect perfection. As a zombie, destroying the supply crate shouldn't reward zombies points because, as mentioned before, this is what a pointwhore would want if this mechanic was integrated. It's too easy to make profit this way, and it isn't a gratifying reward. Besides, players can't use the points they profit from being a zombie as a zombie anyway.

However, I would say yes to giving zombies barricade points upon destruction of a supply crate, maybe in-between 2000-4000 barricade points awarded; just enough to motivate humans to split cades up instead of all go to one spot. That way, alongside the damage buff, zombie players could well be on their way to getting sort-of expensive traits like Eviscerator, Blood Warden, or Tough Skin.