Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Zombie Survival Manifesto

Vinny Mac

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SHORT VERSION OF THIS POST, JUST SCROLL DOWN BELOW WHEN YOU SEE THIS TEXT HEADING AGAIN

So the reason for ever even writing this despite the love/hate relationship I have with the server, a part of me still feels obligated to at least try my best to help;  even with the fact I've only dabbled in Source at this point and stopped development on my map due to certain life issues coming up. The fact that this community has ultimately lasted as long as it has is a testament to the much older members, whom I will refer to as the old breed, do their best to mentor the  up and coming members of the community, the new blood, to help keep the chain moving forward. Time is a fleeting thing after all, not everything can be fixed within reason, and not everything can be addressed, but I want to put this out there because despite what I may say sometimes, I do in fact give a damn. So down below are gonna be a list of suggestions I would like to see at least addressed. I understand some things cannot be fixed, and we will ultimately have to make due with what we have, but I will do my best to give some suggestions and explanations for them as well.

First and foremost: The hit registration

Now, I understand this will easily get shot down, because it's set in the code, and rewriting the entirety of ZS would be a total bitch. But I've seen some other active communities come up with their own workarounds, one has successfully managed to have their own coded hit reg as well, which is baffling, but I have played on there for at least 100 hours to say, it's definitely there, and it is possible. I just don't know how possible. But there's also a reason I bring this up. I firmly believe, there needs to be a nerf on extended claws. The suggestion I feel sounds rather dumb, but hear me out. With how the hit reg works already in ZS, I feel extended claws might give zombies, too much of an advantage. Because the consistency and latency of all the players actively running around and playing on a 100 person server, something is bound to get mucked up. And in this case, I've had my fair share of hits from quite literally yards away despite the distance I put myself between players, and even I have done so to other players on the server. Extended claws essentially adds to the problem, allowing zombies to basically hit humans with quite literally Eyelander range. Same with humans using weapons that don't really seem that long, but somehow are able to swing at you from more than a good distance away (looking at you Zweihander). So if at all possible, either rework extended claws to be nerfed or removed, and human's melee ranges to be adjusted to compensate for consistency between players to ensure some semblance of balance. Stuff like the Tickle Monster should be left alone since it's the one thing he has as a boss, and at that point, it's a mental game between the players and the boss, as it should be.

Zombie Escape: The Sequel

So far, the newly added armor is a godsend in ZE on your servers, possibly one of the best additions as it not only gives the humans a much better chance to beat maps, but it also allows us to prevail against otherwise
impossible fights. But there is still an arguably prevailing problem I feel can be still fixed if at all possible, knockback and zombie HP. You can't have much of a compromise as our first test has shown, I felt like we didn't have
a thorough enough test when it happened, not sure if I was there for that or not, but I think I remember Forrest talking about it. And we had some hiccups the first time. The knockback was still not all there, and the zombies could simply overwhelm the humans still. Which is the biggest problems, giving the zombies a sense of enough power to over take the humans in a fair manner, and humans being able to outlast the zombies through strategic play and  a dedicated enough defense on certain maps. Forrest almost struck gold with this, but it wasn't meant to be that particular day. But I feel this can still be fixed, and there was headway made. We can definitely do it.

But it's up the developers if they wish to tackle it, I only wish to bring it up.

Now to the other thing about ZE, is the maps themselves. Some maps still have some prevailing problems, especially the maps with those dreaded lasers. I've noticed, as many have probably, that you need to jump way earlier than intended, and you barely make the jumps like that. Most like this has something to do with gravity of Counter Strike and Garry's Mod being different, since surfing is argubly scuffed in Garry's Mod, not much you can do there, just a thing to keep in mind, I'm not even sure if there's surfing in GMod, and if there is, ask them f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶u̶s̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶  how they managed to get it to work and possibly collaborate with them, maybe even bring them into the fold. It would introduce an opportunity to sway an old school audience and possibly new insight to HG in regards to a lot of things CSS related, such as Zombie Escape.

Last thing I'll bring up about Zombie Escape, are the maps being added. I'm glad ZE is back for the server since the player base enjoy it for what it is, but I feel we're adding possibly at too fast of a rate. The thing is, I would probably argue this is still experimental. I do know it has been a thing for awhile now, but it hasn't quite perfected it like CSS ZE has, and it honestly doesn't have the hardcore audience, or resources to even come close to touching what CSS ZE is now still. There must be a way to translate things better over to the GMod side of things, asking some of the prominent communities that still exist for ZE, such as Unloze and GFL might give us some answers. It's never a bad thing to ask, because they might know something that our devs don't (not to discredit our developer team what so ever, they have done astronomical things for us and still continue to do so within the best of their abilities, but having a second set of eyes from a different perspective is never a bad idea. In fact, it might just be what we need).

Weapon variety and balance:

Wait this is dumb, we got plenty of guns. We do, but we use less than half of them since there's a meta at this point on which guns are good, which guns are bad. There should never be a bad gun, or a gun that feels weaker than the latter, it should be noted as a option, i.e. shotguns vs SMGs. Only a few SMGs really stand out , and it still feels like you don't earn enough with them or feel worth the investment. Of course, that's why we have tiers, but even then, why is the Majester Tommy gun leagues better than the EVO at least in my opinion, it should feel like a step up from it, not a downgrade. I can't find myself using it, others use it yes, but I don't really see positives going unless there's a point modifier. Each tier should feel better than the last, not "Oh this weapon is good, fuck the other tier items". Weapons should feel satisfying to use, and it should be more rewarding jumping tiers instead of lowballing yourself all the time. Like the majority of T5, all but a few weapons feel like crap at least in my opinion, Evil Double Barrel doesn't feel as good as it used, I felt like the damage got a significant downgrade, when it's supposed to be the older and better brother of the Doom Shotgun, which for some reason does a lot of damage, even against Zombines.

And that brings up issue that plagues, quite literally all the guns, especially when you're crouching and aiming down the sights, the accuracy. I'm sorry, I truly am when I write this, but it's bad. I understand you all did what you could, but there has to be a way, some way to improve it. Snipers should be much more accurate while you're crouching and aiming down the sights, same with almost any weapon excluding shotguns. A popular choice, the Bullseye, is a good all around pistol boasting good damage for the magazine size, but the big issue is, you have to do some crazy shit to get your shots down. Like you need to learn a recoil pattern that is absolutely random even when you are crouching and using it, it feels like even if I should get that shot, it whiffs the zombies and you left looking dumb and comments of "git gud" as you wonder what went wrong. Not saying all weapons need to be laser pointers, but I feel for some weapons, especially a fair bit of the rifles, would benefit from this.

Lastly: Zombie classes and Bosses

So we have a nice variety, and some of the classes are fun to use, but some of them aren't practical. Take the Bullsquid, a recent addition, maybe even old at the time of writing, that excels at chasing down humans and being an apparently better fast zombie, when we now have the Starved class type for Fast Zombie that does the job of the Bullsquid better, and make his class type feel absolutely redundant. And the class is actually bad at it's job, since the tail most of the time will knockback the player. So I'm putting this up as a suggestion, give it a combo. Make it switch between bites and a tail swing to end it. I'm certain we can do that, it's a basic jab, jab, kick combo that is bread and butter in a lot of games, i.e. the First Metal Gear Solid, a decent defensive option and tool if you needed to dispose of a guard long enough to slip by, or to cause a chain reaction and knock down multiple. Have it bite the first two times lightly, and the tail swing be far more damaging than the bites. Because getting hit by it's massive tail should fucking hurt like hell, not just gently tap me and knock me back from him and allow me to basically walk away since most humans can outrun even the fast zombies with the speed trait. Lastly, and I'm not sure if it has it, make it's bile more effective. It should be devastating to get hit by it, it's more accurate than the poison zombie spit throw and should hit harder. The bullsquids are known to kinda spam it as NPCS, which is why the cooldown is fine to ensure balance, but I feel it should be a bit more dangerous.

Next class that needs a buff, is Flesh Beast. Flesh Beast, is quite literally, the meme class. It was in fact a viable option to harass cades and cause people to panic because there was nothing you can do about it, but now, the swing and the spit deal next to nothing, even with buff cards. The thing is, it's supposed to be this hulking thing of flesh and some abomination that was hatched from the virus. And it feels like a joke using it, and getting killed by it. It needs to flat out deal more damage. Like a decent bit more than what it has, I feel like Ghoul can hit harder than this class, and that's kinda sad considering ghouls aren't even really good against cades. The addition of Flesh Beast being able to squeeze through small enough holes is interesting, but other than that, it's a joke to what it once was.

Another class I feel needs to be addressed is Bloated. But Bloated is better now, but it can be better, how does a zombie that is big and fat somehow deal less damage than a regular zombie. It's much thicker and tougher than the standard zombie, it should be hitting harder slightly instead of the other way around. It's fat being swung at something with force that isn't supposed to be empathetic to the living, it's supposed to be almost animal like in a way. Bloated should be hitting harder than their other counterparts, it's not some sort of sub class, it's a different class, and it should be the middle ground for Poison Zombies.

A class that needs a possible rework is Gore Blaster (correct me if I got it wrong). It's a violate regular zombie that is much more toxic yes? Then it should carry some of that property. It shouldn't overbear the other classes, but I feel like it should be a decent bit stronger with a light poison property. I understand it's basically a bargain bin Bloated Zombie with bleed, but I feel like it should still have some poisonous properties. It could be worked where Gore Blaster deals more barricade damage and light poison, while Bloated deals more average cade damage, but much more poison.

Now bosses, oh boy, bosses. Where to start? Shadow Shade? Well Shadow Shade I feel is a easier fix, just up the healing rate on it, so it's viable as the healer class it's supposed to be, it should make humans do what they can to hunt them. But at the same time, make it to where they can only pick up lighter props or if that's not possible, get rid of it's ability to lift props. It's quite literally the heal mage of the Z team besides Medical zombies, but I feel like medical zombie is more effective at it's job than the Shadow Shade does.

Time for the eleplant in the room, Swamp Legion. This thing, is honestly, just poorly handled. Like I felt like people were complaining it needed to deal more damage, rather than more consistent damage, so they made it to where it literally one shots people, even without the Damage buff, and that's just, dumb. We have a class for that, it's called the Puke Pus, it's spit is supposed to be devastating and dangerous for cades without a forcefield or open windows. But instead, it feels like you're throwing rocks at a tank, and Swamp legion feels like in comparison, shooting rockets at a single soldier in the middle of nowhere. Swamp Legion needs a overhaul. As a sub class of a boss, it shouldn't be outclassing an entire another class of Boss, it should be that, a sub class. But at the same time, make it where it's moe consistent, like the spray is much more narrow and focused, allowing for Swamp Legion to do it's intended job subclass role, while not sacrificing either class to scrutiny.

Another class I feel needs to be looked at are the King Headcrab and the Doom Crab. One feels useless, the other was nerfed to all hell. I wanted to see if we could take King into a new direction. Downwards to be exact. Why down? It's a big crab, therefore, it should be able to burrow into even wood or break the floor boards and go under. It's much stronger than it's regular counterpart, it's the King of Heabcrabs after all. It gives him a new purpose, keepaway. It makes him a nuisance even than what he was, and an actual one at that. Doom crab needs a good rework, the quake he leaves is fine, and I'm glad it was fixed, but now he deals no damage, His damage should be buffed somewhat, but make it to where the quake effect is activated at a certain height, rather than after it lands. The thing that needs to be also buffed is it's spit. It needs to deal some damage, all it's good for is a debuff, which isn't really enough in my opinion. Yes the humans are debuffed, but they aren't really that discouraged, they simply find Doom crab annoying, which isn't what they should feel. They should want it dead, and giving the spit damaging and debilitate the humans at the same time. It would force the humans to find a means to deal with the crabs.

Last and not least, probably the simplest too. Howler. It's great he gives buffs to zombies in a general area and slows down humans. But if it's basically the buffer of zombies, shouldn't it be able to debuff humans. I'm sure if they existed irl, and I heard a scream like that, I wouldn't exactly put it past me that a cold sweat would beat down. It should carry some debuffing properties, kinda like a scare meter. To the point where if left exposed for too long, it would then cause the player to freeze up. The only way to deal with it at that point is to be healed to a high enough threshold or keep away till the meter falls. It should be based off how close they are, i.e. if there's a wall between the Howler and the human, then it should be minimal at best, while direct exposure to the howl should have much more dire consequences and evidently cause the meter to shoot up much higher than indirect exposure. Make the Howler more of a threat than simply being the buff boss.

To conclude this mess of an article, I understand not all of this is possible, and I did not mean to offend with any of this, this is ultimately a suggestion and my opinion on the state of things on the server. My only wish is for it to be acknowledge, and if it's possible, to see if we can work something into it. Now my ideas are rough, but there are general ideas of what, if at all possible, the development team can work on. For those who read this, thank for you giving the time to read this. And feel free to add or subtract suggestions, this "manifesto" is simply a rough draft, it's up to the rest of us as a whole community to push ideas for our developers. After all, feedback is important, but keep it constructive. I did my best too despite my wording, I do and truly feel the developers are doing all they can to keep the server afloat, this would simply be the cherry on top, and a cherry I feel should be added on top if possible.

AT THE REQUEST OF A USER, I MADE A TL;DR VERSION DOWN BELOW TO MAKE IT EASIER AND FOR THE SAKE OF CLARITY

To summarized this a bit since it is rather long admittedly:

- If something can be done about the hit reg within reason and or we find the means to modify it, please do so, if you can't, I'm glad it got somewhat acknowledged here

- ZE still needs a bit of refinement and more compatibility to ensure we have the best possible ZE experience, it's mainly about optimization of gameplay at this point, even if not all of it is possible

- I feel some weapons need buffs and they need to feel better with each tier, the accuracy of some weapons needs to be upped

- Some classes I would like to see some overhaul or a general rework to ensure every single class and subclass feels like it has a place and it is balanced.

Edited by Vinny Mac
  • Like 5

Ok first of all talking about the hit reg and the extended claws, I agree with you that sometimes the range for this zombie buff goes out of hand and is sometimes class connected, but it does not need a removal but a slight nerf and like you said it only happens when the server is on high population. What I think will be an ideal fix is make it apply to certain classes, classes that do less damage will have a higher range that classes with high damage but the classes with high damage will still get a range increase but not as much as the weaker hitting zombies or just straight up decrease the range for all classes.

Now for the ze part I completely agree with you in almost every point, more than that I hugely support you for talking about the lazers and how you need to jump earlier, like yesterday on tyrrany alot of players jumped but died just because of the delay. 

Ok now for the weapon variety I will have to disagree with you on the point about having all the weapons feel good and rewarding, there should always be a weaker weapon and a stronger weapon, along with that I get alot of satisfaction using a weak gun and making points with it because you shouldnt , thats something a gud gun never has.

Now I play alot as a zombie and will say alot about this topic,  gotta say giving a ballsquid a combo is honestly a good idea because now literally nobody is using it and that combo might save the class, lets be real here the only classes that people use are: zombie, fast zombie, poison zombie, bloated, and zombine along with poison headcrab, but what about ballsquid or other headcrabs? What about wraith or ravenant and flesh beast? Giving this combo might give some variety and add ballsquid to this list.

Gotta agree on bloated too, before this honestly I thought he was good but now a fat zombie that is slow and big does less damage than a norm z? Wtf? I think he need to be alot more slow with more damage, a damage increase by alot.

Now for gore blaster in my opinion its another retarded class, I think instead of him exploding and doing 30 damage to humans and getting zero to one point is stupid, make it so that the explosion damage is like 2-10 or a little bit more but make him get points for that explosion.

One thing you said wrong is swamp cannot one shot without buffs or upgrading him with cards, he can come close to killing a human but not in an insta kill. Most of the time the human the swamp “one shotted” was already damaged, yet people think its a 1 not kill when in reality its not. He does need a nerf but saying how its op and can one shotnis just wrong, just dont get too close to cade or windows and dont aproach him with damaged health.

Now howler you forgot to say how big of a range he has, its almost like a mini tickle if you upgrade him correctly. His range needs to be nerfed by alot. I completely agree that howler needs to debuff humans kinda like the doom crab but in a dofferent way, also I said this already but he needs to make points for howling.

Edited by F00L
  • Like 2

You bring up some amazing points here Incog, and most of them I agree with, but the one I gotta disagree with is the Bloated Zombie. My bloated zombie only does 3 less damage to barricades, which IMO isn't a significant issue. However, I completely understand the buff they you want, the issue with that is its on death ability. I feel like the reason bloated zombie is still used s due to its ability, as I would compare it to a Walking Bonemesh Ball, as I easily do 40+ damage to barricades with the gibs, and 20+ damage to humans, almost like another hit with him. The bloated is more of an in between for the Burster and the regular Zombie, and not the poison zombie, which it is less like. I feel the bloated is a great in between of these classes, as you get 2-3 melee hits (100 damage) then the gibs (30-40 damage). I have made well over 300 points in 4 waves with this zombie, so I feel it is perfect as is. However, I understand where you come from, as many players use it for the given appearance of just a more tankier zombie, however is the damage was bumped up, than it would become an over powered class.

I like to give thanks for the people whom have given the time to read this so far, and I'm glad there has been a fair bit of discussion so far. I edited my original post a bit after I seen how much of a mess it was before. I was getting rather sleepy while typing away, and I was starting off on Notepad for a start, hence why it appeared oddly spaced at some points, fixed it so it's a little easier on the eyes.

Simple ideas from Cogs
1: Legendary Jug Card, it would have to be a Legendary Card, Gives you more HP and Shield, What you choose to set it to ill leave to the admins.
2: More Player-Models will bring in more profit if you make the VIP Etc. (do a vote and involve community to help pick) 
3: People who only Repair cade should have a rare chance to get a bonus crate from repairing. 0.50% chance or somthing idk,
4: Remove Swamp Legion lol zanny joke right, but at least nurf that bitch boss he op.
5: A gun that can repair Cades with right click, but consumes ammo, so if the cade is under fire it will alow them to help fix the cade.
6: The Option to mute gun fire sound like holly fuck i feel this is something that is getting very over looked!

Edited by CogsFixmore

Cogs, I have already suggested adding jug cards, alot of player models will be added in the next update and trust me they are fucking cool. From what I heard the swamp legion did get a nerf as of today, and a gun that can repair cades is very op in my opinion, even if it takes alot of ammo.

@Vinny Mac

Interesting, not to discredit or debrief your initial post, but I'll say this:

Although it sounds extremely strenuous and time consuming, I would love to see a re-write of ZS to accustom all of the new content added, compared to both the "Official" and HG iteration of ZS since its release in 2006.

I really dislike ZE as a concept overall, its fast paced gameplay doesn't coincide with the slower ZS and to an extent OBJ. ZE should only be active during events or extremely high populations, so I would boot the maximum players required to 80 or even 90.

Similar to re-writing ZS's code overall the same can be applied for weapon and zombie balance, some guns are really good and discredit others, some classes are more straightforward, leading to people ignoring other reliable classes. With things considered logically (IE A Tier 3 weapon being better than a Tier 2 or a Wave 4 class being better than a Wave 3 class), balance is something which can't be done by a small group of developers, alot of community input is required to meet everyone's standards.

I haven't written a topic like this in eons and its nice to see people still care about improving ZS on such a large scale, I enjoyed reading all of it.

If this was Incognito I talked to over TS3 a few days ago... holy s**t that's a huge wall of text. That doesn't mean I didn't read it, though.

After reading through what you wrote up in this huge, worthwhile, and valuable post, few thoughts:

The Hit Registration

To be honest, this has usually been a recurring problem brought up by old players on the server. While most of these players complain about pretty much everything on ZS, their complaints toward our server's hitbox system is fair and worth a look.

While I don't usually have an issue with how hit registration works for our server, it's certainly an issue for players who somehow get killed by Tickle Nightmare from miles away. Firstly, Extended Claws  has become the staple for being a zombie; being able to hit something farther away is valuable regardless of anything in a videogame. When coupled with a weird hit registration system and someone going the Tickle Monster or Tickle Nightmare, it's understandable to see many players become infuriated over how "broken" it is for these zombies to be able to hit them from behind the cade, or kill them near-instantly behind the cade.

But then again, if they were "hugging" the cade like a Kleiner, then it's their fault for dying.

Secondly, suggesting a nerf for Extended Claws is probably not the way to go. From my experience being on this server for so long, when something gets nerfed, it becomes so obsolete that it's never used again. This is the common trend with weapons; T2 - T4 weapons have been nerfed left and right from recent patches that have resulted in them never being used again. As for a rework, there are possibilities with that. Rather than reworking the trait, perhaps reworking and/ or adding indicators as to whether someone is in range to strike or not could be a helpful visual aid. We get so many new players on the server that no one knows how far a Tickle Monster can actually hit. Visual aids help with this.

Overall, hit registration is a problem on our server, and something that needs to be reworked and reconstructed.

Zombie Escape: The Sequel

As someone who doesn't like ZE as much as others, at often times, I find it more fun and relieving from playing normal ZS. It's something different, something new, something unique, but most importantly, it remains relevant to what Zombie Survival stands for. As a human, you aren't building barricades, but you're still running from zombies, you're still fighting zombies, and you have guns to kill zombies. This game mode is valuable such that it attracts, garners, and maintains the attention. However, as mentioned by Incognito, there are lingering issues.

For one, making it where zombies get knocked back when fired on is ludicrously powerful, but ultimately annoying. From the many times I've played as a zombie on ZE, being knocked back as you're being shot as a zombie is annoying to deal with. It makes the experience of being an powerful, undead creature chasing after humans on a map where running is core boring, and when long-time players on our server die on a ZE map, they know this, so they go AFK or ragequit because they have to deal with this issue. If anything, zombies should only be slowed when shot upon, not knocked back. To compensate for the lack of knockback, the more damage a zombie is receiving at any given time, the stronger the slow effect, and this makes it so team firing is required. The more people firing on a zombie, whether directly or indirectly, the stronger the slow.

As for health, I don't think there's much of an issue; it seems fine to me.

As for ZE maps and collaboration, the problem nowadays with collaborating is that the other party wants something ridiculously-valuable in return. Even if HG collaborates with other gaming communities, I don't think we're at a point in which we, as a community, can pay back those who helped us establish minor things here and there. This is certainly a risk to take, and rewards aren't guaranteed with risks taken, but it could mean paving the road to greater heights for our ZS server.

Weapon Variety and Balance

Are many guns on our server obsolete? Yes. Is it the guns' fault alone? No.

The reason why many players refuse to use other guns aside from their "favorite" gun is because their "favorite" is usually the "point-whoring favorite." Our ZS server saves points; that's not a surprise there. In fact, having a point save system is what helps our server maintain an ever-growing and steady player base. Unfortunately, it drives people to be greedy, and that greed harms other players in the process. This is no exception when players pick out their weapons.

When Wave 3 rolls around on Intermission, I always see so many people purchasing the "Reaper" UMP because it's very strong in base damage, DPS, and stopping power, with low reload time and a decently-sized clip. Unfortunately, with this gun being so heavily favored, all other guns are left in the dark. This lingering issue rises from players' greed, not the guns themselves. From that, it brings up another important question: are the players to blame for weapons being obsolete? Yes and no. Yes, because players will only use the weapon they could profit most off of. No, because while players only use one weapon to make profit, it's the logical and sensible thing to do; you can't blame someone for doing something considered "bad" if it makes the most sense to do it in a given situation for a given reason.

If we wanted to balance out our weapons, make some weapons have benefits and drawbacks. Maybe a shotgun has a larger clip, but less damage. Perhaps an assault rifle has a faster firing rate and more damage, but less accuracy. Making guns unique by mixing up weapon attributes as deemed appropriate could be a good way to go, but it will depend on our players for what they want to see and happen in-game.

Zombie Classes & Bosses

I don' really have much opinion about the suggestions provided for this area of interest because I play human more so than I play zombie. This is best thought about from the z-mains than from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I completly agree with King Crab suggestion, having him burrow anywhere is the buff he deservers, i used king crab lots of times and i must say i already rampaged humans in maps that i could burrow, i simple killed one or two, then ran into a corner and burrowed again, the humans are like "tf wheres dat crab" so i just unburrow, repeat and get da kills, man that is real FUN.

I also always wanted to heal everyone with shadow shade... But he is soo underpowered.. I Think he could get something more interesting than being a "AFK healing everyone here thanks", something like Left Click, gives all zombies around his healing radius Damage Reduction, Right Click a buff that increase Zombies Damage and makes any humans close suffer from a slowdown and blindness..maybe some damage too to have a way to defend himself u know :p, or maybe instead of an area thing, maybe a "shadow rock" that did this could be cool too

And also... godamnn hes too squishy, his healing rate should be higher for himself