Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Possible Minecraft Community Group?

Admiral MacK

HeLLsGamers,

I'm aware that there have been previous attempts at HG Minecraft servers that have not started off as planned. I am asking now though: are there people in HG, Members & Leadership, that have any experience with Creation and/or Management of Minecraft servers, Moderation of populated Minecraft servers, or development/editing of created servers to fix server faults...etc? For those of you who do have real experience/knowledge in this, would you be interested in positions that relate to your professions?

I'm not very educated on the history of HG's attempts with this subject, but I do believe that it has potential if given the chance. Needless to mention, but it's obvious that for even a Community Group for Minecraft, the parameters of Server Management, Member Moderation & Expansion, Server Popularity, and all other requirements that a Community Group/New Division would be requiring will have to be met.

I would personally be willing to contribute time into this subject, as well as being a part of the group if a server was actually made and needed management & expansion. 

• Like 7

Now we have all probably played Minecraft. I have noticed that some communities out there get Huge amounts of money (donations for in-game rewards) from kids and other casual players. If we were to set up a server and do it in a proper fashion (multiple popular game modes [atleast 5-10 gamemodes]) we could possibly make it very popular. Now the compass menu I think people see the most is actually multiple different servers connected together. So if that is correct we would need a whole new box to support the power Minecraft servers require (if it was popular enough).

Now I do have experience with managing/administrating a Minecraft server. A couple of years ago I had a server box (old one from my father's work) and we put a Minecraft server on it and got friends on it all the time. And I made the server modded and everything so, I could possibly help. The only problem is that Minecraft servers use lots of RAM so that would be a problem in the future.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

+1 It's always nice to have a stable minecraft server running, even if it is just vanilla survival, but I agree with the ram and find funds to do this would be the trick. I'm sure some people would be more than happy to contribute to building and making a lobby etc. There are plenty of youtube tutorials or even like minecraft wiki tuts on how to setup or do anything from crafting, building, setting up a server, to installing plugins. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...