Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Health card

Biohazard

Setting the Health card upgrade boost to +2 health/ level is fair for the zombies to deal with because it gives them a fair chance to kill humans. 

Increasing it to +4 health/ level would be broken such that it would be slightly harder for zombies to kill humans when they have +20 health from cards alone at level 5, not to mention that some players are around levels 8-10 for Health, increasing their maximum health up to 120, and traits like Fit and Tough exist to increase health by 35-40 points combined alone.

There's a reason the Health card upgrade was nerfed from 3 to 2 health points/ level, and that's because zombies couldn't kill humans easily; even when they get themselves caught out, they still don't die because the extra health saves them, which is frustrating for zombie players.

I don't see the real reason you want this change aside from making playing zombie more frustrating when it comes to killing humans.

• Like 2

My two cents on this issue is that the cards help counter the insane damage some zombies (like nightmare and tickelmare) do.

Every ounce of survivability increases the chance I can survive an encounter where I normally would have been insta-gibbed.

"Frustrating for zombie players", in my opinion, isn't a valid reason to nerf health cards into the ground. Humans have to invest both a lot of time and points (and RNG) to get and upgrade the health card, and having it nerfed every patch just gives me a sort of buyer's remorse for investing into it.

And early waves zombies can just go ghoul and instantly rape any human runner's chance of surviving that encounter, no matter their HP.

5HP/lvl was very powerful I agree. 3HP/lvl was alright, a bit on the low end but acceptable. 2HP/lvl is nearing joke levels.

@Old Bill thats what he means, with 3hp a level health and with all the health boost traits you will have a total of 200 hp if I'm correct. That is way too overpowered, humans should not have double the health in the first place. I support this change on the 2hp card instead of 3 even tho I haven't played much or even seen it in action, but it sure as hell sounds balanced. Just stop whining and be happy that you can get health upgrades in the first place. That goes for everyone.

@F00L

What the hell are you talking about 200 health with traits, no you dont get that much health, the boost traits give you 25 health if you buy both of them and that consumes about 25 worth points and the health card is rare and expensive you wont get past level 6 so easily it will probably cost 100k.

@F00L Even at 5HP/lvl, it is impossible for humans to get to 200HP. I don't know what you are smoking.

Fit+Tough = 35HP (25+10) for 30 (20+10) worth

Assuming max health card level is 10 (but what percentage of humans will ACTUALLY have it at level 10...), at 5HP/lvl = 50HP, 3HP/lvl = 30HP, 2HP/lvl = 20HP

So with 5HP/lvl, Fit + Tough, and Level 10 Health, a Human can get to 185 HP. Pretty powerful, but not 200HP.

With 3HP/lvl, Fit + Tough, and Level 10 Health, a Human gets to 165 HP.

With 2HP/lvl, Fit + Tough, and Level 10 Health, this goes to 155 HP.

Keep in mind that it costs 30 worth to get both Fit and Tough, which isn't exactly cheap.

Also keep in mind that cards are very RNG difficult to collect on top of the insane point cost to upgrade, so the vast majority of the playerbase won't be even near level 10 Health. I know I am only at level 3. And the players who put in the massive amount of time to gather that many Health cards should be rewarded for their effort in my opinion.

@F00L the armor regenerator costs 45 that drains almost half of your worth menu points so even if they have that much health now, they have lost 45 worth points for other things like demolition and vaccination that could have been more useful than being alive for a few more seconds.

I would love to see it at +4hp since i feel like 3 was kinda bad

That would be broken for zombies. Some people on the server have level 5-8 health cards. Making it +4 health/level would mean that players would have roughly +20-30 health, and that wouldn't be fair for zombies, especially if multiple players have that extra health boost, because it'd make them harder to kill.

what about 3hp/level?

We had that initially for our Health card, and it was hard for zombies to kill humans that were at level 6 with this card. Leaving it at +2 health/ level for the health card is fine and balanced as it is; we don't need to keep switching back and forth with this, nor do we need to keep addressing increases for it.