Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Shadow Shade suggestion

Laces115

The Shadow Shade is a very interesting boss and would make a good support-type, but is basically never used for the simple fact that it takes bullet damage.

Frost Shade has bullet damage as well, but it is offset by the fact that it can make walls that block damage, which makes it live longer while proving greater support.

Shadow Shade does not posses this ability. All it can do is heal, but it dies too fast to be used to help zombies outside of standing around. But healing is slow enough that Medical Zombies are much more useful in this role, when you consider that Shadow Shade does not get many opportunities as-is to heal multiple zombies at once like it should.

What I propose is a change to make it more ideal, but still have drawbacks that make it a strategic choice rather than a straight upgrade: 

1. Remove bullet damage, revert to light-based damage.

2. Halve the health of the Shadow Shade.

3. Make the medic zombie blood cradle boost work on Shadow Shade as well (for those that want to maximize healing to use this boss regularly).

This way, Shadow Shade still works as an "in the back of the horde" kind of boss, but also can body block when it is viable to do so (like when a lot of zombies are rushing at once, so Shadow can heal them all while they attack the cade). At the same time, halved health also prevents it from being too powerful and a straight upgrade. Regular Shade will still have its benefit of being tankier, but a bit less support-based without this healing ability.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your ideas but honestly I suggest that the boss gets removed in the first place, I mean if what you say is done then it would not live long enough to be useful I mean you see how fast shade dies even though its health is 1000's something, so if shadow shade will have the half of that it won't even support them long enough and medical zombies seem to be much more efficient than it and I'm suggesting this that is if it stays the same boss, maybe if we add some fancy ideas to it it would be a greater thing like maybe something like the humans Defender trait does, it can give one zombie speed, resistance, and other abilities then it gets a cool down.

The Shadow shade potential is very good actually, it is the only boss that can be truly supportive without having to damage the enemy team.. We don need a lot of fancy changes, maybe little changes can change him a lot, like, transforming his right click on a med zombie flesh on steroids, and his left click in a temporarily defensive buff, like the howler buff, .. Dont need to create anything just put inside him.