Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Automated Event Idea: Five O-clock Frenzy

Laces115

People love events and special modifiers that  change up the game every now and then, to offer something unique. It brings people in and keeps them on the server.

So why not make short, up to hour-long mini-events that give people something unique? I was thinking at 5 PM each day, hence the name of the system, but it doesn't have to be at this time.

Basically, at 5 PM, the server automatically picks from a batch of events, and one of them is applied for however long that specific event is allowed.

Here's some ideas:

1. Worthiness: All humans start with 200 worth. Zombies receive a 25% barricade point boost to compensate. (Lasts full hour, can apply on OBJ maps).

2. Fire Sale: All weapons except tier 6 are half-price. Zombies receive a 50% barricade point boost. (Lasts full hour, can apply on OBJ maps).

3. Double Points: All sources of income are doubled. Barricade point rate doubled. (Lasts 30 minutes, can apply on OBJ maps).

4. Triple Points: All sources of income are tripled. Barricade point rate increased by 2.5x. (Lasts 15 minutes, can apply on OBJ maps).

5. Party Popper: All humans get 2 random tier 4+ guns. Zombies are super strong. (Lasts one full map).

6. Team Battle Royale: 2 human teams fight to the death, no respawns. (Lasts one full map, 2 rounds).

7. Doubled Ammo: Buying ammo gives double the bullets. Team Resupplier is permanent. Zombies start with 2000  Barricade Points. (Lasts full hour, can apply on OBJ maps).

8. Stopping Power: Zombies and Humans alike do +50% damage to everything. (Lasts 30 minutes).

9. Co-op: All starting zombies are bots. Bot Zombies increase in number each round by 5. Humans that die will spectate the round, and redeem at the intermission, if any humans are left alive. Can only apply if server population is below 50. (Lasts full hour).

10. Presents!: Bonus Crate earn rate is massively increased. Bonus Crates spawn around the map as presents, just like in the Christmas event. (Lasts full hour).

I think this would be a fun way of spicing up the gameplay, which should mean that people ask for events less, and are more patient for updates. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

For the sake of clarity and transparency, let's act as if the events proposal and Suggestions forums are two different beasts. This has to do with the Zombie Survival server on HG, and only that specific server. While an event, from the way it's titled Event Proposal, sounds like something that would be affecting the entirety of a division or all of HellsGamers. 

As for the suggestions listed above... I like it.

Read over it on the way back home (Thank you carpooling, driving all day is exhausting when you stare at nothing but road for hours), and I gotta say, this would be neat. It would give people who really like events and who beg pretty much anyone with rank in HG for events an outlet to where it would satisfy their thirst for event gameplay. It also gives players a reason to try as well, something I will go deeper about in another discussion. Because truthfully atm, unless it's Double Points, then the server acts completely stagnant and there's a complete lack of motivation to actually play the damn game unless it's something f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶a̶r̶d̶e̶d̶  attention pooling.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...