Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

unbanned Jglake Unban Request

Jglake-appeal

Dear HellsGamers,

On October 8th, 2017 I made a mistake that would prove to be the downfall of my time in HellsGamers. Prior to the incident that led to my permanent ban I was promoted to Community Engagement Leader for the Community Events team, and this promotion got the best of me and led to my sense of immunity. Once I had this power, I made a decision that was the number 1 rule in leadership, don't leak. I deeply apologize for leaking and abusing my power to get back at someone I was angry with. Now lets fast-forward to May, 2019, the spin-off HellsGamers community, VoidGaming, has now come into existence and was starting to reach its prime. I at this time was a member of the community and eventually became the Division Leader for the CS:GO division. During this time I made the regretful decision of trying to recruit HG members into the VoidGaming community. I was still a little irritated and disappointed with my ban from HG at this time and tried to bring the fun from HG to VG. I apologize for trying to recruit members out of HG into VG. Some of my fondest memories when playing video games are from being a part of HellsGamers and I would love to be able to continue that.

• Executive Council

I understand you are sorry and may even regret the actions you took and the choices you made, but What you've said so far is you had a great time here, left and tried to stab us in the back at every turn. If you were to be unbanned, what would you bring to HG, and I'm not  suggesting you bring anyone back that left - we have never been for poaching. Secondly, why should you be unbanned when you could easily turn around and do the same thing again. Why do you think you should be unbanned? If you are unbanned, what do you want to do with HG? (bear in mind, you won't be able to be in any leadership role)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I thought that this post had been locked after @FreeHugs replied, but thankfully a friend of mine told me that it wasn't locked so here I am. @imasonaz you are correct in the fact that my previous post only mentions that I missed my time here and doesn't actually mention any real reason as to why I should be unbanned so let me amend that mistake: HG was always a home for me and will remain as such regardless of the outcome of this appeal, and because of this I would love to make promises of working towards re-populating the CS:GO division, help recruit new members, and many other great things. The only thing that I know for certain is that if I am unbanned you will not regret it, I have learned from my mistakes and over the past year (and some) I have actually had to learn to be responsible for myself and others and have become a much more enjoyable and responsible individual than when I was last in HG. 

Thank you,
          Jglake

Edited by Jglake-appeal
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...