Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Crash on waves

Hey I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me or if someone can help me. So when a wave starts, my game will sometimes freeze as soon as the wave started message pops up, and I can't do anything, I have to force close the game. It didn't used to do it but I've noticed it doing it now. I've tried reinstalling the addons and disabling addons I don't need. Any idea on what I should do?

Edited by TheawesomeMCB
forgot to add a little detail

27 minutes ago, McLovin81 said:

go to gmod on steam, click properties, then go to beta and if its on turn it off. If not i would suggest deleting your gmod completely and reinstall. I used to have that issue on old laptop so i did that every time it happened.

Yeah thats already turned off

14 hours ago, McLovin81 said:

just delete gmod in general and redownload

Okay, hold up. Before doing what McLovin says @TheawesomeMCB, verify your game cache files first. Sometimes the issue could be that you have missing game files that are important for the game for run, or there are corrupted game files in your system.

Run that verification first, start up Garry's Mod, then see if you can load in to Sandbox on singleplayer normally. If you can, once that's done, exit out of the game and check again that you've opted out of Chromium in the Garry's Mod launcher settings, then head to this file location:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download

It may not be in your D: storage drive, as that's mine, but head to wherever your main Garry's Mod folder is located. From there, delete the download folder, which contains all of our server's downloadable content, then verify your Garry's Mod cache files again. Once that's done, try connecting to our server again. It might take some time because you'll be re-downloading all of our server mods and game files, but it should resolve the issue and avoid having to uninstall and reinstall everything.

If all else fails, follow McLovin's route and uninstall and reinstall the game entirely.