Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Give back gold members their powers

Redr

Bruh.

no but seriously, just because one abuser (gamer foxe) went too far doesnt mean anything for the rest of the gold members. sure, the staff team could think this could happen again so they remove all the useful commands from gold to prevent this, but that comes with issues. before we even start, gamer foxe was abusing way before he did in the recent abuse report on him so it was technically the staff team's fault for not noticing beforehand and im sure there were staff on during the multiple times he was abusing. but i will leave that issue in the past with the now current issues with removing all the gold's main powers (slaying,zlock,stripboss,stopvote,TP,kick,ban) will affect HG as a whole. as far as i know, HGZS is one of the most populous community's in the entire hellsgamers community, so removing the most major incentive to buy gold besides helping out the server in donations, can directly decrease the amount of revenue the entire community gains. some commands are justifiable like TP and banning, but even then, commands like those should be heavily regulated and should be up to the current staff on the server to determine if they did the right action or not and if they didnt, they should get 1 warning and thats all until their powers are removed (or a similar strict system) as a mistake can only be committed once before its not a mistake anymore. even then, the other commands like zlock,stripboss,slaying,stopvote, and kick (kick can have the same reasoning as TPing and banning) are vital to gold members when a mod isnt on or a player asks/needs a zlist/stripboss/slay and a mod doesnt respond in time (usually i wait a little before i use a command or dont use it at all if a staff member is on). all in all, just because a gold member went too far, doesnt mean the rest that are mostly helpful and actually help out players shouldn't be punished, especially to this degree

made by your favorite guy with redr in his name

Alright, so some little twat dense cabbage full of himself goodie 2 shoes abused, and abused for a very long time, even when there was dev's / SA's on and they didn't do jack diddly shit up until now?

Cmon HG, yall can do better, I know you said you were fixing this but it's just shitty it wasn't already done months ago or weeks when he started, I also need to say personally to Gamer Foxe, Kindly go fuck yourself <3

While what gamer foxe did was unacceptable, I agree that we can't punish everyone for one person's misuse. However, given that this is the Internet, we can't immediately and accurately determine nor predict the actions of others without them committing them first. We've already taken a leap of faith when it comes to incorporating Gold admins, allowing people to purchase server power for use in-game, and while a whole lot of other communities disagree with this, we've been able to handle it for many years.

Rarely do we see Gold-mins abuse their power, hence the perma-ban carried out to gamer foxe for what he did. We'll continue doing this so as to enforce better character in those who decide to buy Gold to help moderate the server. Gold should be seen as an opportunity to try out moderating for our server, which is a price to pay in cash so that people don't abuse it recklessly. People that get Gold get to enjoy the benefits of skins, sprays, and tags that come with it, but it also comes with a level of responsibility that must be taken by those who have it because it also comes with server power.

We place a lot of trust in our community members to be responsible when they have Gold power, the same way said members place a lot of trust in us to keep the servers running and the community maintained and a safe place to be.

23 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

While what gamer foxe did was unacceptable, I agree that we can't punish everyone for one person's misuse. However, given that this is the Internet, we can't immediately and accurately determine nor predict the actions of others without them committing them first. We've already taken a leap of faith when it comes to incorporating Gold admins, allowing people to purchase server power for use in-game, and while a whole lot of other communities disagree with this, we've been able to handle it for many years.

Rarely do we see Gold-mins abuse their power, hence the perma-ban carried out to gamer foxe for what he did. We'll continue doing this so as to enforce better character in those who decide to buy Gold to help moderate the server. Gold should be seen as an opportunity to try out moderating for our server, which is a price to pay in cash so that people don't abuse it recklessly. People that get Gold get to enjoy the benefits of skins, sprays, and tags that come with it, but it also comes with a level of responsibility that must be taken by those who have it because it also comes with server power.

We place a lot of trust in our community members to be responsible when they have Gold power, the same way said members place a lot of trust in us to keep the servers running and the community maintained and a safe place to be.

Or maybe remove the commands that only a moderator and up should have? You just never know when a gold member slips off and starts a ban genocide. 

Edited by Penoltinum

1 minute ago, Penoltinum said:

Or maybe remove the commands that only a moderator and up should have? You just never know when a gold member slips off and starts a ban genocide. 

If we continue removing commands, people who are paying money for Gold will complain. It's already happened in this thread, and we added them back because, again, we're trusting our Gold not to make the same mistake and act as recklessly as gamer foxe has.

39 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

If we continue removing commands, people who are paying money for Gold will complain. It's already happened in this thread, and we added them back because, again, we're trusting our Gold not to make the same mistake and act as recklessly as gamer foxe has.

Alright, just be careful around  abusers. That's the last thing HG needs right now i guess (sarcasm intended)