Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

wardrobe silliness

with some people already using player models with different hitboxes, i doubt this will go unabused(not saying its been abused already). what will be of the wardrobe in the future? will it be removed again or will those who abuse it be restricted to it's use? will silly things like changing model as a crow be considered abuse? will player models need to be approved first before being able to use them? i personally like wardrobe, so i'd like if wardrobe wasn't removed again.

Not sure if it was added back, but if it was, why did we decide on adding Wardrobe back? If I remember correctly, It created some frame rate issues for the server when people used it, thus it wasn't a stable feature to have on the server.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed using it while it lasted, but then I was starting to have performance issues that resulted from it. There comes a fine line between having so many cool features vs. being able to play the game, and I prefer the game being playable over having the nice Wardrobe feature.

Edited by Snowyamur
Fixed minor grammatical error

I'm working on blacklisting dumb models as people pick them. If it is an issue then you can disable wardrobe by typing wardrobe_enabled 0 in console. Wardrobe was optimised by Forrest and hence readded. 

But in the future we will probably add a whitelist which involves people sending models they request to Talbot or whoever is in charge, this would lower the amount of model changes drastically as well.

Edited by pho-
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 4:47 AM, Clancy said:

Wait, how to use wardrobe? And rip gold. ;(

You need to have Gold to use our server's Wardrobe feature.

With Gold, there are 2 ways to open up Wardrobe in-game:

1. open up your console and type "wardrobe" without quotations.
  2. through the in-game chat, type "!wardrobe" without quotations.

Once opened, you'll see the Wardrobe selection screen. Look at the top of the selection screen a bit to the right from the center and you'll see an option called "Open Workshop." Click on it, and it'll take you to the Garry's Mod Workshop on another screen, with a player model filter enabled. From here, you can browse through the models and click on the one you want. You'll then be taken to a screen where the "Subscribe" button will be replaced by a "Select Addon" button in the same location. Click on it.

After that, you'll be taken back to the Wardrobe screen. Click on the model you selected on the screen and look to the bottom and find a button called "Request <playermodel>." Click on that, and you should immediately change to your chosen player model.

IMO wardrobe is just too huge can of worms (we ain't playing RP here). At least it lets you disable it on client side...

About matter of hitboxes, it uses the standard player model hitboxes. Wardrobe just replaces the model client side so its just a visual thing.

• Like 1