Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Buff the general

Old Bill

General roasterrock the pinnacle of humans has been getting slammed lately by defense breaker trait the moment he emerges, while it is true that the general can require skill to stay alive but once you get hit by a zombie with a defense breaker you might say it is over, if you don't die your armor will be almost gone within few seconds. So I have but two small things that I want to suggest that I think would make him better.

• Non-boss zombies can't debuff the general with defense breaker. That means only when you are not a boss you can't use defense breaker on him.
  • Add vaccination. Cannot be blinded by poison

Zombies have proven to be strong and competent lately, so such an buff will not be too much of a hassle for them I believe

Edited by Old Bill
  • Like 2

Swap his health and armor, spawn him with vaccination, make him faster. Would be a pretty minor change.

Same EHP, but ensures that survival relies on good positioning and smart movement instead of spamming rockets at the ground when you get surrounded 5 seconds after spawning

• Like 1

@scrungus I think the idea of the general is not to be the "technician" but the last force of the mankind, you are not supposed to survive but to "go out in style" and be a one man army. But the current situation with defense breaker for non-boss zombies beats the whole purpose of him in all ways as most of times he dies in less than 20 seconds which is why I made this suggestion, I just want to put him back to his normal glory and not the joke of the "kleiners"

P.S: Don't forget his description 

bGmtccZ.png

He's slow but has a powerful Minigun and RPG, his armor is also quite tough!

8 minutes ago, Old Bill said:

@scrungus I think the idea of the general is not to be the "technician" but the last force of the mankind, you are not supposed to survive but to "go out in style" and be a one man army. But the current situation with defense breaker for non-boss zombies beats the whole purpose of him in all ways as most of times he dies in less than 20 seconds which is why I made this suggestion, I just want to put him back to his normal glory and not the joke of the "kleiners"

P.S: Don't forget his description 

bGmtccZ.png

He's slow but has a powerful Minigun and RPG, his armor is also quite tough!

I'm not proposing a crazy buff, just giving him something like quick+surged so he can't easily get mobbed by regular zombies before he can get to a decent position. From what I've seen the most glorious jugg rounds happen when he has time to get into a good position (usually up high away from zeds) and by far the worst ones are on indoor maps where he gets a bad spawn and can't relocate to a more open area in time.

I get what you mean. But even without that change, wouldn't swapping his health pool and armor pool, along with giving him vaccination, eliminate the defense breaker issue with minimal change to the codebase? But then, zombies would probably just buy blood warden instead.

Maybe just make his HP (not armor) scale with the # of zombies?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scrungus said:

I'm not proposing a crazy buff, just giving him something like quick+surged so he can't easily get mobbed by regular zombies before he can get to a decent position. From what I've seen the most glorious jugg rounds happen when he has time to get into a good position (usually up high away from zeds) and by far the worst ones are on indoor maps where he gets a bad spawn and can't relocate to a more open area in time.

I get what you mean. But even without that change, wouldn't swapping his health pool and armor pool, along with giving him vaccination, eliminate the defense breaker issue with minimal change to the codebase? But then, zombies would probably just buy blood warden instead.

Maybe just make his HP (not armor) scale with the # of zombies?

As long as he does not last like a T6 cade (every time), I don't think it would be a problem to buff him but the current situation is really bad.

• Like 1

Well, Defense Breaker applies on HP and Armor (it makes the enemy take ~40% more incoming damage if my calculations are correct 5Head) so swapping hp and armor won't really help, plus armor from jug is different from armor from Armament or Neuro-Fiber Armor and Kevlar Vest. The Jug's armor has some kind lf resistance to low dmg zombies for example fast zombies deal only around 3-4 dmg to his Armor. However I don't know if the HP from the jug has resistance to low dmg zombies because i don't play fast zombie.

@scrungus That's actually true, most of the jugs are just RPG spam and pray for RNG, It would actually be cool to see a jug use his minigun more often, the only time the minigun is better than RPG is when you get to a place where only fasties can come up to you

• Like 1