Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rusted Robot/Crackhouse

illa

I am confident most admins on the crackhouse server are familiar with "Rusted Robot", he is a regular on the server. He gave me a "warning" for slaying myself, granted it is against the rules but he is not an admin nor in a position to do so. It also brought to my attention that he is aware of the rule so it reminded me of a demo I took of him doing it relentlessly and nade spamming another player he was targeting. I have only recorded part of the entire incident, he was literaly doing this for 30 minutes straight. 

Beyond that , the incident also became an excuse for me to open up the discussion with regards to his lag (something I ve been meaning to do for a long time), this player is extremely laggy and skips multiple frames at a time. This is not your run of the mill 200+ ping lag, players have accused him of "netcode/rates exploitation" and it has actually caused them to leave because it creates an unfair advantage. At times he will be skipping/freezing all over the screen and somehow it doesnt seem to affect him. Maybe it is just his connection but that really doesnt matter to me or others, it is ruining the playing experience for everyone and he has been told about it by numerous players but refuses to address it. There are many players on the server that will vouch for this...

I have attached the nade spam demo and bunch of other demos showing his lag. Hoping that the admins will take the necessary action to address some of the issues....

nadespam.dem

rustedlag.dem

rusted (1).dem

Rlag.dem

I have to agree, it is definitely out of bounds for Rusted Robot to "warn" someone when it is behind his level authority (read: none). It is also beyond hypocritical according to the demos. 

My biggest problem with Rusted Robot as evidenced by illa (especially by RLag.dem) is how laggy he is. I can truthfully say that in recent history, I have left the Crackhouse Deathmatch server because of Rusted Robot. You can see how laggy he is,  just imagine how he looks from a 3rd person angle. Rusted Robot skips, teleports, and jitters around like crazy. It however, does not seem to affect his movement or his aim, but does affect how other players see him and makes it significantly harder to land a shot on him.

I too have legitimately wondered if Rusted Robot is exploiting rates or using some kind of lag hack and would really appreciate if someone reviewed this case. 

Edited by Artillery

• Benz locked this topic
  • Executive Council

Rusted is going to see what his options are to remedy his lag spikes. He will be contacting his ISP. Thank you for letting us know Illa. Per our conversation that Tex and Myself had with Illa, He has agreed to not slay himself anymore. Rusted Robot has also been told to reach one of our staff members or moderators to report any kind of issue.  MATTER HANDLED

• Like 1