Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

HG election results 2019

colinthe5

Congratz everyone!

Our 3rd annual HG Elections is a huge success!

Thank you to all the candidates that ran in this years election.

If you were not elected, be sure to reach out to those elected to show your interest in becoming an associate or assistant Director.

I'm excited to get started with the Council elects and see what we can all achieve going forward :) 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. I'm not arguing your decision, but I don't see how actual results being posted could cause drama. Votes are votes, and whatever the results are should be public just like political elections. I didn't mention anything about rigging the election, but, honestly, not publicizing the results leaves room for questioning the integrity of the election results.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, brgr. said:

good thing this isn't actually the political elections

The fact that I explained in my original post of the reasoning I'd like to see the results just to have the response I got from colinthe5 talking about the elections being rigged is a little concerning. Nowhere did I mention I was assuming or inferring the elections were rigged. It was simply a request to see how close the results were. So the sarcastic remark, brgr, really wasn't necessary or needed.

That being said, it's evident it's a sore topic and I won't mention it again.

Thanks

• Like 3

On 10/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, BOSCH said:

@Homer it is weird that in a community open democratic vote, the full results weren't published like they always have been.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's weird. I'm not sure I understand why they weren't originally published but I'll go ahead publish them below for your viewing pleasure.

As has been said before, it's important to remember that of the votes, we rely heavily upon the staff vote, as we always indicate in the election thread. See below.

Voting will be split upon Members+ and Staff+. Staff+ will be heavily weighed to determine who will be elected. As for Members+, they will help weigh votes towards a certain candidate depending on how close the votes are.

Hopefully this will clear the air. If not, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Sirius

2019 - HG Election - Staff Results.png

2019 - HG Election - Members Results.png

• Like 7

Thank you, @Sirius for posting. It was a close race for sure!

As I said in an earlier post, I was curious as to the closeness of the race, not to stir the pot on the alleged "rigging."

@EddieCam, you almost had DoCE! Only got beat by 1 vote in the staffing poll, and won by 5 in the member polls. But congrats to @brgr. for taking the win!

Congrats to everyone else who won!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1