Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bringing BHOPPING up again.

Knoxtane

I know I've said this in the past but I feel like I must say it again.

BHopping is an issue in our servers. I've seen numerous players leave because they are being BHOPPED around and can't kill said BHOPPER. I was on Office again and was watching a guy BHOP and literally just tear the other player apart. That player literally said "Nah, you can play with bots" and proceeded to Disconnect from our server. This is literally hurting our population as a CS:S Division. I don't see why we allow it on our servers. It gives players a HUGE advantage. For those who say "They can just go learn how to bhop". No, knock it off, that's not a solution nor an answer. This needs to be dealt with.

Have you seen other servers population due to lack of BHOPPING? sFa server is filled Daily as a Defuse rotation map, no Bhops. FGA server is filled daily as cs and de rotations.. Numerous GunGame servers filled/very active..no BHOPPING. If you want to increase our success in CS:S we need to disallow Bunny Hopping, PERIOD.

So many people come on to join our DM servers to enjoy Death-match. Those same players leave and almost never come back because of Bunny Hopping. You can not sit there and tell me it's easy to learn..or to just get over it. You have no valid point in defending something that gives certain players an in-game, engine based ADVANTAGE over others. It isn't fair and it's not right, PERIOD. 

I find myself playing less and less because of this but this time, I'm not complaining about ME, I'm being the voice of those who can't learn or refuse to learn how to bhop and see it plague our servers. I've played..maybe for about 10 minutes in 3 servers over the past month because of how this plagues our servers. I don't enjoy myself when I'm getting slaughtered by someone who Bunny Hops and is able to literally SPEED his way through the map.

Why do we allow this? I see it only goes one way, we cater to the people who can manipulate the games engine and BHOP around an entire map in less than 30 seconds. The normal players are stuck to what? "Aim better", "Learn how to BHOP"? No. This is getting very ridiculous 

- Knoxtane.

Edited by Knoxtane

I think bhop is part of what makes these servers unique, bhop(along with the community) is the reason ive played so much on these servers. It brings a whole another dimention to the game. I actually learned to bhop on the cs_office server - watching other players, copying their movements and asking for advice, and I've enjoyed my journey from the non-bhopper that I was to the bhopper I am today.

I think your argument goes both ways, bhop makes some players leave the server and makes some stay on the server - and its the reason I stayed. The servers wasnt just like any other servers.

You can adapt to these bhoppers, killing players such as SMD, BOSCH, alienware, bhop scripts, sherlock, dragonslayer from the top of my head - that I believe have adapted, is not easy,  even if I bhop or not. Many players also just picks up a para or p90 and completely obliterate me me when i start bhopping lol. And I would claim practising killing bhoppers will make you a better player in general, it makes you more alert and faster. It certainly made me better.   

17 hours ago, Knoxtane said:

You have no valid point in defending something that gives certain players an in-game, engine based ADVANTAGE over others. It isn't fair and it's not right, PERIOD

I guess it's pointless arguing with you, looks like you have already made up your mind since you describe every argument defending bhop as not valid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And im curious, do you remember some of these bhoppers names? Cause most of them will prob slaughter you with or without bhopping.

Edited by SoundOfMusic
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, SoundOfMusic said:

I guess it's pointless arguing with you, looks like you have already made up your mind since you describe every argument defending bhop as not valid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, you're missing the bigger picture, as I knew most of the people who would read this thread would. This is not an argument. It's a discussion to a issue that is literally killing our popularity as a CS:S Division.

For instance..if we allow this on the upcoming GunGame or Defuse rotations. I will not be playing CS:S on HG servers any longer. Unfortunate but I will not support the idea of players speeding around to K/D Whore and get to objectives over your average player.

Edited by Knoxtane

Knoxtane, Im a non bhopper... I ve learned to deal with it by doing alot of things other than learning to  bhop or aim better, most bhoppers have patterns, they have a way they do things because they are limited in movements because they way they bhop they can only go in a certain line, not just anywhere they want. But if you truely feel this way I can do for you what i did for those complaining about awps and autos in crackhouse, i will start a server for you, with no bhopping... I will do that for you and I would like for you to populate it and show us these facts you present in a real world scenario. We made a no awps and no autos server...even told everyone in crackhouse about it. that server no longer exists because all the complainers, didnt go. This is your chance to prove your point. In one weeks time I will open a server with no bhopping just for you. The ball will be in your court.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tex said:

Knoxtane, Im a non bhopper... I ve learned to deal with it by doing alot of things other than learning to  bhop or aim better, most bhoppers have patterns, they have a way they do things because they are limited in movements because they way they bhop they can only go in a certain line, not just anywhere they want. But if you truely feel this way I can do for you what i did for those complaining about awps and autos in crackhouse, i will start a server for you, with no bhopping... I will do that for you and I would like for you to populate it and show us these facts you present in a real world scenario. We made a no awps and no autos server...even told everyone in crackhouse about it. that server no longer exists because all the complainers, didnt go. This is your chance to prove your point. In one weeks time I will open a server with no bhopping just for you. The ball will be in your court.

Again, this is not what I'm asking for as a solution. we have..what? 6 or 7 servers? We can't come to a compromise for 2 servers to disallow BHOPPING? It's allowed on ALL of our servers? I'm not asking for a new server..I'm asking to cater to both the bhoppers and those who don't know how to, want to learn and can't "git gud" against BHops.

Compromise. That's all I'm asking. Shit, even if we make it against the rules on ONE server, That would be fine with me. 

• Like 1

Please dont ban bhopping on cs_office :( It's the place most bhoppers are and like to hop
Isnt there kinda a compromise already, crackhouse doesnt have bhop. And ive rarely seen players bhop on iceworld, not enough that it would be considered a problem

I mean, crackhouse has enablebunnyjump enabled, but the airaccel is 10 making bhop practically impossible, you cant really get any speed

• Like 1

You have to be a god to bhop with 5, let alone 10. Also, hg has two dust2 servers, one with bhop and one without.

So thats 3 servers total now where bhop isnt an issue.

On 9/17/2019 at 5:25 AM, Knoxtane said:

Compromise. That's all I'm asking. Shit, even if we make it against the rules on ONE server, That would be fine with me

There are two servers without bhop + iceworld where it isnt a problem.

@Heemu that's just the air acceleration you can still bhop with it being that low, you can't go as fast with it that low but you can still go that fast. I bhop a lot on crackhouse and the Dust 2 server which both have 10 aa (air acceleration) and it is still pretty easy to gain speed. If you don't want people to bhop you just turn off sv_enablebunnyhopping. Half-Life speed runs are ran at 10 aa which is what the standard is for most valve games where that is in it. I have bhopped in every server extremely well, another way to do it would be to change the tick from 100 to 66.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, Heemu said:

Wait, crackhouse has air acceleration 100  now? Just entered the server.
Both servers have sv_airaccelerate 100 , not 10, @bhop scripts No wonder bhop is easy there now

Crackhouse had 5-10 not so long ago, and that is not fun to bhop on.

@Heemu Wait they changed it to 100? Welp that makes jumping from t-house to garage easier.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, scottcjohn said:

The bhoppers should not nerfed in crackhouse. Not everyone uses that strategy on the servers nor do many complain. I also think the advantage it provides is somewhat minimal.

Bhopping is an "out of the box" strategy that anyone can abuse if they're willing to learn how to. Aim assist and third party cheating software has been around for as long as CS has had multiplayer, so keeping it just because it's been around for a long time doesn't mean it's a good idea. 

I firmly believe it's an exploit because it's an unintended unfair advantage to people that run around as designed. Otherwise if this were intended, you would never have to have a plugin to enable auto jump by holding space bar. The maximum normal speed is 400 units, people can bhop in excess of 4000, which is over 10 times the movement speed of someone that isn't abusing bhopping. If you don't think Bhopping is unfair, set global run speed to 10x and make air accel 0. 

The only positive aspect to allowing bhoppers to exploit air accel, is it's super easy to see people toggle or flat out run an aimbot. 

• Like 1

Max walking speed, with default cvars, is 260 u/s (using the scout or holding no weapons), and max velocity is usually 3500 u/s. Nobody is getting close to the max velocity by the way. I don't really care one way or the other, but this server purposefully had 100 aa when it started (or around the time it started at least) for the sole purpose of bhopping/strafing, they even have/had a plugin to see if people are limiting their fps if their perf rate is too high. So I don't think anybody is doing anything that the old server managers would find offensive, of course disregarding what happened last year when they changed it to 10 aa. But don't worry, I doubt they will keep 100 aa on the server for long.

Edited by sweetbro
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m very knowledgeable over aim and bhop. I Agree hitting someone BHopping Extremely fast is very difficult, but not impossible. I’d say limiting Maximum Speed Or Velocity [Whatever source measures in] would do the trick! That way it’s a compromise. Most Bhoppers won’t even notice, nor car.