Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bringing BHOPPING up again.

Knoxtane

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 11:01 PM, Sex Lies Audiotape said:

BHOP made HG HG

This. I've been playing on the crackhouse server since early 2011, since then I can't remember any time that bhopping has been an issue until now. Realistically, there are only a SELECT FEW of people who are complaining about it. I have since noticed that after the airaccel change was made the player population for the crackhouse server has plummeted drastically, though I only check it every once and a while. Other than myself, I know of at least 3 other people who will not be playing on the crackhouse server due to this change. I hope the leadership makes the decision to reverse this change before it's too late and you lose your player base all together.

7MLuN7J.png

Edited by NabeGewell
Proof

personally i prefer 100aa crackhouse, but i can see why it was lowered. you can get pretty insane speeds, but id argue its a good counter for good awp players. sometimes it can be impossible to leave spawn without bhopping, and i always figured its what made crackhouse so much fun.

although its harder to bhop there, i just switched to office. its not too big of a deal, since there are multiple servers with bhop and some without, so you can easily change servers based off of your aa preference.

again, personally i believe lowering the aa in crackhouse is a bad move. I feel like they will lose more players than gain, plus the server already had a steady playerbase, so its kind of weird to me that they would change such a big factor when the population was already really good. for example, in tf2 we have jetpack on our most popular server, trade 2. alot of people complain about it, but they always seem to join back. if we actually removed jetpack, we would satisfy a small amount of people while losing a large playerbase. basically there is always going to be someone complaining, but as long as there is a steady population i dont see a point in changing it.

edit - btw, the highest speed ive ever been at was 900ish, and that was with really good perf rates. nobody is anywhere near 3500 on the server, even with hacks. if you are good at tracking players, bhoppers shouldnt be much of a problem. they slow down when shot at, and since they are in the air their accuracy is terrible, so id argue bhoppers arnt that difficult to go against. there are not that many slopes on crackhouse, so you could also shoot them while they are trying to gain speed. just a few tips for any non hoppers '-'

• 2 weeks later...

I should have SS it today but we have 4 newer players join Iceworld, and after we had a bhopper (he was scripting) they said the hell with it and left. But others "dislike" the bhopping in Iceworld just because they can fly throw the map. I myself can't bhop, but i do enjoy a challenge but not when it's just a not stop thing. 

• 1 month later...

First of all I'd like to say I've read everybody's take on this and I can tell you first hand the points made on both for and against Bhopping are worth a study. Bhopping didn't make HG however and you would be mistakened to believe that. We were kicking way before Bhopping was anywhere on Source with all due respect. HG been around a very long time and I can tell you first hand the servers were 30 people every night Awpers, Bhoppers, Scripters, Complainers all merged into one never dieing combat mayhem constant complaining scenario. I don't care what you are I find a way to kill you because the objective of this game death match, defusing, hostage, sniper warfare, is to murderalize your CT or T cotton candy jello buts. Yes its hard sometimes and we need to just accept it do I think the servers could be better quality sometimes. Damn straight I think they could be but that's also easily said not so easily done at times. sadly so sometimes stuff will be off which ever source servers you play on this planet. If they can't co-exist on the same server together label servers (Bhopping Allowed) and (No Bhopping Allowed) This way whoever isn't interested in Bhopping is heard and Bhoppers are heard as well. Players don't want to be in an atmosphere of constant arguements they get on to play and have fun everybodys fun matters. Moderating should be the first step taken to assure that all players on the servers are being respectful to their other fellow players and nobody playing GOD or being douche bag because he or she feels superior to someone else. We all matter not just one side in particular kept in mind when addressing this matter or any other with the. 

See you all in game where hopefully a fair play, good laughs, and killing is what all simply and truely desire when present.

Edited by AnGeLzKinG
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

HG have already tried changing the airaccelerate from 100 to 10 and 10 to 100, there is and always will be bhoppers whether you like it or not. Altering the tickrate too will prove futile too since 100tick and 66tick really have minimal effects on bhop in my opinion. I would direct your attention to the fact that HG do have servers which enable bunnyhopping through sv and others that don't and would recommend moving to those if it is such a big deal for those complaining. Learning to deal with bhoppers is probably a player's best bet instead of complaining like others in the past, it won't get you anywhere. Cheaters who use external / internal scripts and macros to bhop are worthy to be condemned in this post, however, those who have spent THOUSANDS of hours to learn how to efficiently bhop under specific constraints like 0-10 air accelerate and sv_enablebunnyhopping 0. It is a skill like any other, you practice to become better, the same way you would sit in a deathmatch server for hours working on your crosshair placement, spray control and general aim. I would also suggest looking at the "bigger picture" here, there has been hundreds of thousands of bhop servers in the past, even an HG bhop server back in the day, and its a shame that people feel this way about a part of this game that really brought a lot of people to love and cherish the game. It is probably to move onto a different server or a different game in general if said person feels this way about this particular part of CSS. 

Edited by jonmac5037
  • Like 1