Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What is the appeal of Linux?

• 3 years later...

I just graduated from college (Computer information technology major) and I can say that Linux would be more for if you're doing administrative stuff, people used it for coding, penetration testing, intrusion detection systems, playing video games, and a lot more!  Everybody used it to run servers of all different types.  I would also say that Linux is more command line based to transfer files, write to them, download software, etc.  I would say that Linux is like android and windows would be apple.  You have way more control in Linux and can customize it more.  

• 1 month later...

Linux has gained popularity over the years due to several key factors. One of the main appeals is its open-source nature, which means the source code is freely available and can be modified and distributed by anyone. This fosters a vibrant community of developers who constantly improve and innovate the system. Moreover, Linux is known for its stability, security, and reliability. It is widely used in servers and other critical systems due to its robustness and resistance to malware and viruses. While we're on the topic of operating systems, did you know you can optimize your Windows experience with some affordable Windows keys? Check out this thread on Reddit for great deals that can help you unlock the full potential of your operating system.

Edited by clintday89