Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Is there any way to reset your upgrades or player?

Shitcat

Don't think its possible.

Although not related to above I've wanted to bring this up, I think it should be an option to reset most if not all "Upgrades" for ease of making changes and suggestions easier. There are several factors which can influence the statistics of a class, weapon, boss etc. Which can include the following:
- Traits and Returns
- Blood Cradle Upgrades
- Card Upgrades
- Bonus Crate Buffs
- Buffs and De-Buffs applied at one time
- Base weapon and class statistics
- Difficulty Multiplier
- Levels

All of the above can vary greatly as well, with Traits and Blood Cradle Upgrades being notable examples; And the worst part of this is that you can't really decipher who has what and even what you have at times. As an example, if you were to get killed by a Tickle Monster in one hit and feel like it was unfair / overpowered, at the bare minimum you would have to ask yourself before speaking out about it:
- Which upgrades did that zombie have?
- Did that zombie upgrade his Tickle Monster card? If so what level?
- Was it buffed in any way by another zombie? Did that zombie have card and Blood Cradle Upgrades?
- What level was that player in particular at? etc.

The easiest way I can think of counteracting this problem is to make complaints or suggestions upfront, but even still they can be murky in detail since you nor the developer don't know what exactly went down. I think when testing dev's automatically start with nothing upgraded or purchased so that's good, but if the problem extends from more than just an overpowered class, it could be a result of anything and almost anything could get unfairly buffed or nerfed. I feel that it's a complex issue and doesn't have a simple fix to it, since resetting also involves the database and all that schmuck.

On 5/25/2020 at 6:36 AM, Snowyamur said:

I don't think that's possible, considering the last time someone asked, we told them we couldn't reset their progress.

Why would you want to reset everything?

I mean the only option I could think of is deleting his SteamID history from the server, so when he joins next game it's as if he's a fresh new player. However, EVERYTHING tied to him will be deleted.

Dunno how easy that would be or if it'd break a heap of things.

4 hours ago, Lychee said:

I mean the only option I could think of is deleting his SteamID history from the server, so when he joins next game it's as if he's a fresh new player. However, EVERYTHING tied to him will be deleted.

Dunno how easy that would be or if it'd break a heap of things.

Whenever "delete" is brought up with save data, there will always be the risk of something breaking. This includes Steam profile data.

As I asked a few days ago, why would anyone want to delete their data and have a fresh start for a game that can be played for endless hours and can never be beaten in a matter of hours or days? I just don't see the reason to that.

But I guess if we want to show that we're flexible with people, maybe we could make room for this.

Regarding Genuline's post

@Genuline

If you're going to talk about upgrades, make a new thread about it. Don't discuss it here.