Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer

Bart Simpson

Accidentally hit the power supply button and flipped it off on my pc today and turned it on again and it t started up but the lights didn’t come on and it didn’t start up on the monitor my pc is Alienware Aurora discord is 

§๖̶̶̶ζ͜͡' Bart Simpson™ζ͜͡⦕#9576

The first thing I always say, as counter intuitive it is, is to turn it on and off. Turn your pc off, flip the switch, let it sit for a few minutes to drain the capacitors, than flip the switch and turn it on again. Sudden power loss can damage a PC, however, I have never seen it as severe as this. From the sounds of it, it doesnt even boot to the BIOS (basically the motherboards config menu), which, if not solved by turning it off and on again, could be the issue. One thing that would be nice is to clear up which Alienware Aurora it is, it seems there is a few different versions, such as the R5 and the R9. If you can contact me on discord at Lynxx#5317 and I will see what I can do. I also know a local PC repair shop owner, and I can ask him some questions for you.