Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

This doesn't look worth it lol

Admiral MacK

To my disappointment, I purchased this for $40 and it didn't come with any HDDs. I have a 128gb USB drive that I'd like to use for the boot drive but I've never messed with something this old. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I should start or try?

I've managed to get into the bios and all the current hardware is recognized and in theory working. 

Spoiler

mxXUZdX.jpg

022JChd.jpg

• Like 1

@Fortis

It was a troll lol. I'd never drop an m.2 in that. I'm currently investing into a new monitor for my main setup and that pc originally ran on WindowsME so I'm even less likely to find something it will operate on. I can barely get it into the bios. It's definitely worth it cause it has a functional gpu, sound card, network card, phone card (?* idk it has a landline in), front read & write disk tray, and a music disk reader below it.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Admiral MacK said:

@ValueSensei All it needs is a version of Windows ME on USB. Not very easy to come across. Everything else is good

I want to keep it exactly how it is cause it has the early 2000's pc setup noises and it is so nostalgic. It reminds me of my early years of school and the computers I used then.

I understand you perfectly. I don't have time for the foreseeable near future to rummage through my storage containers or I'd send you a Windows ME disc cause I know I have them LOL.

Might be able to find a clean copy online or a new old stock disk though